**** Toronto 2 Fanviews Here 9/12/11 ****

Comments

• Added some pics of night 2
    mattmarv wrote:
    Just amazing. Show 6 for my wife and I. Got tix that afternoon at 3:30 on Ticketmaster 5th row side stage, Stones side, right behind Ed's wife. It was cool when Ed used his guitar to reflect the spot light right at her for a second and then see the little grin he gave her after. She seemed to be having a good time, which i'm sure he's happy about.

People complain so much on songs being repeated and so on. We've been to many other concerts before by other bands, and I would never have gone to back to back nights to hear them like we just did for PJ. We as fans, no matter how many times we've seen them, from once to 30+ should ever complain. They so totally accomodate us it's ridiculous. They could just cash it in but they really seem to show that they are interested in pleasing everyone there.

Can't wait to see them again.

http://flic.kr/ps/22Hc29
  • Figured I'd get flamed a little bit so I was prepared for it :D

I still enjoyed the show and had a great time. I think I've just had better luck getting tickets via public sales in the past, and honestly I don't mind paying a little more per ticket to not deal with the server crashes and will call lines. My memberships good through early next year, so we'll see what happens... being a number isn't high on my list though.

This was my first time to Canada for lesiure in a long time, and again I have to say that I was really impressed with Niagara Falls and Toronto. Both cites were clean, seemed to be safe, and the locals were very cool.
    Blossom Music Center - Aug 26, 1998
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010
    Fox Theatre - June 26, 2011 (EV solo)
    Air Canada Centre - September 12, 2011
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    edited November 2011
    Good times! Took a good friend with, we rocked out the whole concert! Before we knew it, the show was ending!
    Post edited by Idris on
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Well what a second show, it rocked. I still think night one was better IMO, but enjoyed this show very much, don't get me wrong. Also think I lost a little of the vibe as I think the section I was in was dead, alot of sitting, no singing, just wasn't as crazt as night one for me, was in section 107 night one.

My personal favorite from the night were getting to see Baba O played, seeing garden (always loved this song) and seeing my wife enjoy Yellow Ledbetter with her daughter, they were signing away like no tomorrow. Wife was a little jealous of the guy in the front row with the red t-shirt that got to get the close up guitar solo of Mike during YL and to shkae is hand at the end, she so wants to be that guy. She like Dimi thinks McCready is GOD

Overall I couldn't have asked for a better 2 shows to enjoy as a family, THANKS PJ & 10c :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    Any recordings of this show and/or night 1?
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4

i hope so :shock:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • redpoint wrote:
    Figured I'd get flamed a little bit so I was prepared for it :D

I still enjoyed the show and had a great time. I think I've just had better luck getting tickets via public sales in the past, and honestly I don't mind paying a little more per ticket to not deal with the server crashes and will call lines. My memberships good through early next year, so we'll see what happens... being a number isn't high on my list though.

This was my first time to Canada for lesiure in a long time, and again I have to say that I was really impressed with Niagara Falls and Toronto. Both cites were clean, seemed to be safe, and the locals were very cool.

clean???

the area around the ACC was an ashtray

i've never seen so many cigarette butts

and people need to figure out how to throw away their gum

i was shocked at how dirty things were walking around the venue
  • redpoint wrote:
    Figured I'd get flamed a little bit so I was prepared for it :D

clean???

the area around the ACC was an ashtray

i've never seen so many cigarette butts

and people need to figure out how to throw away their gum

i was shocked at how dirty things were walking around the venue

I'm from the Cleveland/ Toledo area... That was clean lol
    Blossom Music Center - Aug 26, 1998
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010
    Fox Theatre - June 26, 2011 (EV solo)
    Air Canada Centre - September 12, 2011
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    400_PearlJamToronto11Night2D.jpg

Floor. Row 13. Seat 29

The 2nd Toronto '11 PJ Experience!! Another great show!! They started off fast!! Go, Animal, Olé, Hail, Hail ... Tonight, they are gonna jam out of all of us @ the ACC, and they did. Loved when Low Light was played then right after it was I Got Id with Neil Young's Cinnamon Girl . Sweet touch!! It was also great that they did Last Kiss for the fan's behind the stage. All & all a great night but still think Night 1 was a little more powerful then Night 2. I mean, both were entertaining & loved every single second of the experience but the added touch of Chloe Dancer, It's OK & Neil Young up stage.
  • I know it's a little late. But...

I'm trying to reach out to the dudes next to us for night 2. They snapped some pics of my friends and I and I was hoping to find get a hold of them. We were Floor, left side, row 22.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    I know it's a little late. But...

I'm trying to reach out to the dudes next to us for night 2. They snapped some pics of my friends and I and I was hoping to find get a hold of them. We were Floor, left side, row 22.

don't know who they were, but I was two rows behind you, though closer to where the boards would be for a Leafs' game.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • McNairn wrote:
    It was a fantastic night in Toronto. I must say the vibe in the building was quite different on night two- likely due to a Monday night crowd who already pushed it getting drunk the night before! Ironically the set was much heavier and rocking no holds barred right from Go on. Shows are different to different people - a friend said the crowd was lacklustre on Sunday when I thought it was NUTS and he thought Monday was the killer show.
    Highlights for me were: Ed shining the spotlight from his guitar around the stadium for a long time (trying to get every person) and then ended shining it right on the giant Canadian Maple Leaf at the top of the arena for a great applause. Also, someone has to let Ed know it is the Toronto Maple "LEAFS" not Maple "Leaves". even though the "Maple Leafs" is not even grammatically correct, that's the name of the team! I remember another show him referring to them as the Maple Leaves. I dont really care because they are so bad, but if they ever get good he has to get the name right. The wrestling mask during Alive was definately bizarro but fun and hilarious. (Someone threw a black rubber wrestling / S&M mask on stage and Eddie wore it and sang with it on for a bit). Great folks from NYC I got to sit with both shows - I think we have adjacent ten club numbers as I sat with them in Hartford a few years ago - and they ROCK OUT like everyone should! That makes the show so much better - thanks guys-
    We are so spoiled by this incredible band.
    Ole is an amazing song - I have no idea why someone would not like it. I love it - it is awesome and very complicated rhythmically - the vocal lines are amazing. Great to be the first place to have it played live (other than Jimmy Fallon). Dissident rocked and sent the crowd into a frenzy after the crowd seemed a bit stunned by the blistering Go, Animal, Ole, Hail Hail launch.
    Setting Forth - I love the Into the Wild energy when it creeps into the building. Ed mentioned it was Matt's idea to learn that song as a band - good idea Matt
    I guess it was God's Dice that turned into an acid jazz meltdown - technically a fuck up but i like that weirdness myself.
    New words for Wishlist - lots of new words - including "I love my country like a rock and roll band" or something like that. As a Candadian observer to the mighty U.S. of A. there are lots of what I would call embarassing Americans who make the country look like a bunch of idiots but you can always point to people like PJ (and their fans) and rest assured that the heart of America is freedom and freedom is expressed most eloquently in a rock and roll band.
    Even Flow was amazing. It really was. A behind the back solo was just the beginning.
    thanks

Hey it's your NYC friends - just caught your shout out (super late here)! There are two things me and the wife are good at - creative profile names, and raging at PJ shows. Its awesome we always sit together! Great meeting your wife - just a few more shows to meet the whole family!
    Both nights were incredible. Sustained an injured finger first night due to a wedding band mishap while clapping - second night we got a bonus as half our row didn't show. More room to kick the jams out.... proper. Love that medium beers come with a lid that has a sipper on it, and large beers can be easily downed with a straw. I prefer the straw as it maximizes the effectiveness and efficiency of delivering the beer into my system.
    Its kinda cool when the band has a few stumbles along the way (Garden, Deep, God's Dice) - reminds us they may be mortal after all.
    I also like watching people walk down rows on the back's of chairs. It is rude, and dangerous but ultimately impressive when accomplished flawlessly.
    For everyone who sat near us, sorry for sweating on you.

Haven't seen any audience recordings passed around the audio torrent community. A month has passed and there still hasn't been any word on the official bootlegs. I can't wait till their arrival. :)
  • demetrios wrote:

Haven't seen any audience recordings passed around the audio torrent community. A month has passed and there still hasn't been any word on the official bootlegs. I can't wait till their arrival. :)
    It's time to kick them out! ;)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    DevonPearl wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

It's time to kick them out! ;)

It sure is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xf0LWidCag keeps me tied up till both Toronto dates arrive! :)
  • Now this is how you start a show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRAmZ8L-48E

:clap: :crazy: :clap:
    Now this is how you start a show!

exactly!!!!!!!!! :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wIBkc4SEk4
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Sweet, so many memories :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2

• I still would have liked to get OCEANS!!!! but i can see why they would open with Go after night 1
  • gotsome420 wrote:

exactly!!!!!!!!! :D:D

I still would have liked to get OCEANS!!!! but i can see why they would open with Go after night 1

While I was slightly bummed when I discovered we had missed out on Oceans, Go was a kickass opener ( especially followed by Animal... and then Ole, Hail Hail) and I have absolutely no complaints!

8-)
  • I never have any complaints after a PJ show they can play whatever they want whenever they want!!! Can't wait for the next tour
    gotsome420 wrote:
    I never have any complaints after a PJ show they can play whatever they want whenever they want!!! Can't wait for the next tour
    awesome..thats the spirit!!! :D
    Eddieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010bV8ttBmc

:D
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    I need one of the white or gray PJ blue jays shirts, i screwed up and did not get one. If anyone has one in XL please name your price and send me a note. Thanks! G :!:
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    Repost. Anyone ???

:?:
    G-force wrote:
    I need one of the white or gray PJ blue jays shirts, i screwed up and did not get one. If anyone has one in XL please name your price and send me a note. Thanks! G :!:
    Year ago tonight! :)

PJToronto11N2-01.jpg
    PJToronto11N2-02.jpg
    PJToronto11N2-03.jpg
    PJToronto11N2-04.jpg
    PJToronto11N2-05.jpg
    PJToronto11N2-06.jpg
    x92yp.jpg?1
    amazing opener!!!!

great place toronto with awesome [people :)

and one of the ugliest pster ever..lol
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Eddieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010bV8ttBmc

:D
    Where's Animal? 8-)
    What the fuck is this world?