Options

Flogging Molly Shows

iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,537
edited September 2012 in Other Music
I have the chance to see Flogging Molly at a small venue two nights in a row. I already have tickets for the first night that is sold out so another show was added. Is it worth seeing them twice in a row? Do they switch up the setlist if they play the same venue back to back?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I've only seen them once, at a festival.

I couldn't find two back to back dates, but on setlist.fm, it looks like they play the same set with only a few minor changes here, and there. Seems like it may be like a 1 or two song swap if playing back to back. Seems like they have a pretty standard setlist. Fun live band to see. 8-)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    I've only seen them once, at a festival.

I couldn't find two back to back dates, but on setlist.fm, it looks like they play the same set with only a few minor changes here, and there. Seems like it may be like a 1 or two song swap if playing back to back. Seems like they have a pretty standard setlist. Fun live band to see. 8-)

Yeah, in an interview with one of the band members I read that they play a similar set list but switch it up some if playing back to back at a venue. I looked on that site too and didn't see any back to back shows at a venue so thought I'd check on here to see if anyone here has seen them twice in a row at a venue. Just trying to decide if it would be worth buying a ticket for the second night or not.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,236
    I saw them play 2 sets in a day at Reading Festival in 2006, they mixed those up pretty well!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Well I snatched up a ticket for the second night as well so here's hoping for two good nights of music :)
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I've only seen them once on St Paddy's Day in Chicago....great fricken concert. I definitely recommend checking them out, but as far as more than once, I don't know how they put together their setlists. I might go twice anyway just for the party!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Saw them last night in Detroit. Incredible. Seem to be getting better live every time I see them.
    They book the best openers also, my opinion.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.