**Kitchener Fanviews Here**

Comments

• PappasPappas Posts: 809
    oooh indifference !

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • When Eddie said these words you knew, in the end, that he wasn't lying!
    O' fucking Canada!
  • I have been a forever long PJ fan and normally a lurker on the moving train,and despite all the politics that usually gets my blood moving, this is the first time I have felt absolutely compelled to respond/write something. This was my first PJ concert ever live, I went with my husband and two 23 year old guy friends (all of whom have been to many many live concerts) And we all left... I don't even know what to say that can convey the emotions, experience that we all had. It was just absolutely amazing, we all left in awe, and for my two cents I just wanted to thank the band AND THE CROWD for giving us such an incredible experience that we'll never forget!! I can only imagine how stupid this sounds to all of you lucky people who get to PJ concerts all of the time but... I just wanted to say THANK-YOU!!! Thank-you for an experience that I'll never forget!
  • not4unot4u Posts: 513
    a extremely political show... don't forget... it was...youknow
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Who here is sick of Matt and Boom bumbling through a machanical new version of In My Tree? Dang it they frickin' kill that song...it hasn't even been very respectable since 2000 when they did the old version...and hasn't been great since Australia 98. The way they play it now makes it sound like some cover band trying to jam it out. It's lost it's power. Matt can't handle the rhythm's and he knows it, he was hesitant to play it at first, anyways. He should have insisted on not playing it and let it die and honorable death like Who You Are. Could it be I feel this way as it's my favorite damn PJ song? Hell yes...I miss Jack. (Yeah, I know they played with him and it was the New Version then, but I can forgive Jack for that...) And ffs, what's with the acoustic on it now? It kind of just ruins the timbre of the guitars, the sound they used to get with the effects was unreal, that acoustic has to go.
  • KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    Im a full 2 sleeps seperated from this show. I'm still getting chills down my spine reading other peoples experiences. I got more chills while listening to the bootleg (Given to Fly does this to me!!). I'm still on cloud 9, I hope I never come down...not until they come back to Kitchener...Hear that Pearl Jam!?!? I'm going to hold my breath until you come back to Kitchener! :D

Mikes acknowledgment of the CCFC Thank You card just topped everything off.

Is there a singular meeting place for people to post pictures they managed to get? I was an idiot and didnt bring a camera. That is my only regret, and I can live with that one ;)

Krohn
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • TGHTGH Posts: 2
    Krohn wrote:
    I'm still getting chills down my spine reading other peoples experiences.
    Krohn

I know what you are saying. When I read this thread and everyone's memories and thoughts of the show it brings up so many things for me to remember. I forgot my camera too!!

I read in the London thread that the Kitchener show was better.....SWEET! Even though I would have loved to go to the London show but I couldn't get any tickets.

Can't say this enough....Awesome show!!
  • Krohn wrote:
    Im a full 2 sleeps seperated from this show. I'm still getting chills down my spine reading other peoples experiences. I got more chills while listening to the bootleg (Given to Fly does this to me!!). I'm still on cloud 9, I hope I never come down...not until they come back to Kitchener...Hear that Pearl Jam!?!? I'm going to hold my breath until you come back to Kitchener! :D

Mikes acknowledgment of the CCFC Thank You card just topped everything off.

Is there a singular meeting place for people to post pictures they managed to get? I was an idiot and didnt bring a camera. That is my only regret, and I can live with that one ;)

Krohn

Right on! I don't know what it is about this band exactly (yeah they are F'n awesome) but they're shows are like a drug that will keep you high for weeks while you are just begging for another show, single, or album, and another fix. I took my fiance who has only been to one other concert in his life and he said...that other concert was a show but this was pure artistry. I think he nailed it.
  • ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    i think for this reason - a lot of the shows are gonna have many of the same tunes ...[/quote]

I dunno, I think that after playing a set list like they did in Kitchener with the rocking 28 tunes we got... and then hearing another 26 in London the next nite, only to hear 8 dups was pretty freaking great...and of course they're mostly the classics (Corduroy, Animal, In my Tree, Betterman, Jeremy, Eflow, Alive and Small town) which everyone enjoys regardless of how many times we hear them... wicked tour so far!!!
    "Push me and I will resist"
  • Who here is sick of Matt and Boom bumbling through a machanical new version of In My Tree? Dang it they frickin' kill that song...it hasn't even been very respectable since 2000 when they did the old version...and hasn't been great since Australia 98. The way they play it now makes it sound like some cover band trying to jam it out. It's lost it's power. Matt can't handle the rhythm's and he knows it, he was hesitant to play it at first, anyways. He should have insisted on not playing it and let it die and honorable death like Who You Are. Could it be I feel this way as it's my favorite damn PJ song? Hell yes...I miss Jack. (Yeah, I know they played with him and it was the New Version then, but I can forgive Jack for that...) And ffs, what's with the acoustic on it now? It kind of just ruins the timbre of the guitars, the sound they used to get with the effects was unreal, that acoustic has to go.

I couldn't disagree more. They have taken this song to a couple different levels. I have not heard the boot yet but what I remember from the show was the inclusion of the "album" style ending drums that was missing from MSG and other versions. Matt Cameron is a fucking "Stallion" as Eddie says.....what a drummer!!!!!
  • Okay aside my seats not being the greatest..I prefer to see the front of the band not the side and above them..it was a great Fuc_ing show..can't wait for Ottawa and Toronto..Keep up the good work Guys :)
    FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
    http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
  • Here are the pictures my husband took at the show on Sunday.

They were taken from the 11th row, aka the first row without padded seats. =)

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/derrickfarwell/album?.dir=/49ac&.src=ph
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Jaidra wrote:
    Here are the pictures my husband took at the show on Sunday.

They were taken from the 11th row, aka the first row without padded seats. =)

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/derrickfarwell/album?.dir=/49ac&.src=ph

Thanks for sharing! Some of those turned out really well. I'm looking forward to the show in T.O. (wish I could make it up to Hamilton tonight).
  • Thanks for posting those pictures!

Kitchener show was amazing, still hard to believe PJ came to my tiny town, I had an amazing time. I was so excited when I heard Yellow Ledbetter, I nearly fell into the crowd below me.
    I hope to do it all again very very soon!
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Man, I am still on the high from the show even after a couple of days. I felt similar after Barrie '98 - I couldn't stop thinking about that show even MONTHS later. This show may have the same effect . . . It's great knowing I have another show to see on Friday too!!!!! :)
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • nevmiles wrote:
    Man, I am still on the high from the show even after a couple of days. I felt similar after Barrie '98 - I couldn't stop thinking about that show even MONTHS later. This show may have the same effect . . . It's great knowing I have another show to see on Friday too!!!!! :)

I still can't come down from this high! I'm chick so I don't know if this means the same to you guys, but, that show was better than sex!! A close call, but I have to say that I think that was better than sex man!! And I can't even talk in detail about the show because it will make me lose my mind! I have been a PJ freak for a long time, but are they always that good live? Was that a once in a lifetime thing or are they just that amazing live?!
  • mojorom wrote:
    I still can't come down from this high! I'm chick so I don't know if this means the same to you guys, but, that show was better than sex!! A close call, but I have to say that I think that was better than sex man!! And I can't even talk in detail about the show because it will make me lose my mind! I have been a PJ freak for a long time, but are they always that good live? Was that a once in a lifetime thing or are they just that amazing live?!

Okay, I'm a guy and I'll agree with you. Sex is pretty much the best thing ever, but this show was unbelievable. No way would I have traded it for sex! Its like a 2 1/2 hour orgasm, nothing could top it (unless maybe I learned tantric sex or something).
    God, I can't wait to see them in Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto now, this is guaranteed to be the best week of my life!

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    It was absolutely the best. Wasn't that funny at the end when Mike was playing the last part of YL and Ed was just kind of lying on the floor drinking and watching? I wanted Mike to go on and on playing....

And was anyone on here the person (I assume girl) that was wearing flashing red horns for the entire show?

I"m having a hard time doing my work right now!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • DopeyBoy wrote:
    Okay, I'm a guy and I'll agree with you. Sex is pretty much the best thing ever, but this show was unbelievable. No way would I have traded it for sex! Its like a 2 1/2 hour orgasm, nothing could top it (unless maybe I learned tantric sex or something).
    God, I can't wait to see them in Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto now, this is guaranteed to be the best week of my life!

Peace
    :-p

Lucky bastard! You get to see a couple more live shows! Like I said I can't even talk about the show or the setlist itself, because I'll lose my mind and you'll never shut me up , but even though I'm a girl ( I can only imagine what it is for guys) but sex is the best thing I've ever experienced in my life. And this show, for me, no matter how polite and Canadian I was being, actually managed to beat sex! It was better than sex for me man!! Maybe this sounds stupid to you all, but man that show actually managed to beat sex! I was just wondering, do all the live PJ shows sound this amazing live or was it just this crowd?! If so, then I guess we better take a second mortgage out on the house, eh?!
  • Great show. I ended up with nice tix in the first row at about the centreline. Many great highlights that have been mentioned. Ed was very talkative. Loved how he killed the tambourines too. The crowd was amazing.

I took a decent clip of betterman on my camaera. here it is:

http://rapidshare.de/files/5065064/latesummer2005183.avi.html
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    corduroy10 wrote:
    Props to PBM for having Mike acknowlege your CCFA shirt.

What an amazing feeling and what an amazing night.

Pearl Jam fans are the greatest. We met so many nice people.

:)

Oh yeah, thanks to Pearl Jam for playing Man Of The Hour...Craig was there and he deserved to hear it live.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • mojorom wrote:
    Lucky bastard! You get to see a couple more live shows! Like I said I can't even talk about the show or the setlist itself, because I'll lose my mind and you'll never shut me up , but even though I'm a girl ( I can only imagine what it is for guys) but sex is the best thing I've ever experienced in my life. And this show, for me, no matter how polite and Canadian I was being, actually managed to beat sex! It was better than sex for me man!! Maybe this sounds stupid to you all, but man that show actually managed to beat sex! I was just wondering, do all the live PJ shows sound this amazing live or was it just this crowd?! If so, then I guess we better take a second mortgage out on the house, eh?!

Yes set list very from show to show..but the Boys are always on the money..well ever show I've been to..I never thought any show would be better then Barrie 98, but Buffalow did it, then I thought the same about Buffalow and well Ktown did it..so yes Pearl Jam are better then sex :) all the time :)
    FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
    http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
  • KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    I think Pearl Jam has put Kitchener on the map from the sounds of it. I've seen some people "Do The Evolution!"...we've gone from "I never heard of Kitchener before PJ was coming" to "Kitchener? Where the fuck is a kitchener?" to "Pearl Jam ROCKED Ktown HARD!" see the evolution!! :D

My god, I hope they come back to Kitchener again, sometime in my lifetime!

Ryan
    a.k.a Krohn
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    mojorom wrote:
    I was just wondering, do all the live PJ shows sound this amazing live or was it just this crowd?! If so, then I guess we better take a second mortgage out on the house, eh?!

Oh no - it wasn't just this one - as a rule, most shows are basically like this - better look into that mortgage :) You can pretty much count on an awesome show every time, and that's what makes us crave it so much I think.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    The Kitchener crowd was the loudest crowd I've ever been a part of. The London setlist was better, but the Kitchener crowd was so much more energetic.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • I had an awesome two days... the kitchener show being the better in my opinion... I definitely think the crowd had a lot to do with that... I met a lot of people from the board and I hope to meet more... Here are some pictures of the show... and the after party at the Walper... Well the party was small... But you Kentucky Boys Rock my World ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000451.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000425.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000429.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000454.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000455.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000456.jpg
    Nobody sits like this rock sits. You rock, rock. The rock just sits and is. You show us how to just sit here and that's what we need.
  • JaneNY wrote:
    It was absolutely the best. Wasn't that funny at the end when Mike was playing the last part of YL and Ed was just kind of lying on the floor drinking and watching? I wanted Mike to go on and on playing....

And was anyone on here the person (I assume girl) that was wearing flashing red horns for the entire show?

I"m having a hard time doing my work right now!

hey amazing show is all i can say...that girl with the horns was sitting right next to me....she is doing the whole tour and cause eddie pointed at her horns in edmonton-she is going to wear them for the rest of the tour............
    later, mo
  • Gremmie95 wrote:
    I couldn't disagree more. They have taken this song to a couple different levels. I have not heard the boot yet but what I remember from the show was the inclusion of the "album" style ending drums that was missing from MSG and other versions. Matt Cameron is a fucking "Stallion" as Eddie says.....what a drummer!!!!!

That's cool, glad you like it, I still miss Jack...
  • PJFaninIndyPJFaninIndy Westfield, IN Posts: 93
    Absolutely amazing show! Ed was in quite a political mood for the show...maybe because of Patriot Day? It was great to meet all of the people who post on this board in person. Big thanks to PissBottleMan for assembling the pre-party at Rum Runner Pub. It was pretty cool that Mike saw you waving your CCFC shirt and then held up the card. Spencer, thanks for organizing that card! Overall a great evening on live music with the greatest band in the world!!
    6/22/03 – Noblesville, IN
    10/3/04 – Grand Rapids, MI
    9/11/05 – Kitchener, ON Canada
    9/12/05 – London, ON Canada
    5/22/06 – Auburn Hills, MI
    6/24/06 – Cincinnati, OH
    8/23/09 – Chicago, IL
    5/7/10 – Noblesville, IN
    7/19/13 – Wrigley Field
    10/1/14 – Cincinnati, OH
    10/20/14 – Milwaukee, WI
    4/26/16 – Lexington, KY
    8/20/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 - Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 - Wrigley Field
    9/6/22 - Hamilton, ON Canada
    9/17/22 - Bourbon & Beyond, Louisville, KY
    9/18/22 - St. Louis. MO
    9/5/23 - Chicago, IL
    9/7/23 - Chicago, IL
  • PJFaninIndyPJFaninIndy Westfield, IN Posts: 93
    Had to share this story, sorry for anyone who didn't get a poster for this show...

I was waiting in line for a poster and shirts and saw that the last packet of posters had been opened up and were selling FAST. I tried to get up front and get the attention of one of the vendors, but with little success. Just then I see only one poster left! I figured that I missed out on my opportunity to get a poster for this show. Little did I know that my fiance stepped right up to the table, made eye contact with one of the vendors (it was a guy) and told him that she needed a poster. He ran over to the right side of the table, grabbed the last one, and handed it to my fiance! I almost shit my pants when I saw this! When he grabbed the last poster, I could hear a guy say "He grabbed the last one!!" I am so excited that I got a poster and with one hell of a story too! I have to go get it custom framed sometime this week!
    6/22/03 – Noblesville, IN
    10/3/04 – Grand Rapids, MI
    9/11/05 – Kitchener, ON Canada
    9/12/05 – London, ON Canada
    5/22/06 – Auburn Hills, MI
    6/24/06 – Cincinnati, OH
    8/23/09 – Chicago, IL
    5/7/10 – Noblesville, IN
    7/19/13 – Wrigley Field
    10/1/14 – Cincinnati, OH
    10/20/14 – Milwaukee, WI
    4/26/16 – Lexington, KY