mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    81 wrote:

yeah...come on over....

or at least PM your dough recipie.

thanks in advance

Sent! :D
  • Options
    antares434antares434 Posts: 110
    Step 1: If you use a propane grill, throw it out ... charcoal or wood is the only way to go.
    Step 2: Beginners should start with Steven Raichlen's book How to Grill ... it has a pizza recipe and it even has step-by-step pictures.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    FrankieG wrote:
    i want to try this tomorrow. What's you dough recipe?

I have actually never made my own dough. I buy it from a bakery in Utica. Sorry I can't help you there.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm telling ya'...do NOT use a pan or a stone on the grill. The crust will be exponentially better if you put it right on the rack over low-med flame. Oil the grate, toss the crust on one side until it just starts to crisp up. Flip it, put your toppings on, keep the lid closed as much as possible. BOOM...perfect grilled pizza!
    I've been doing it this way for years and it turns out perfect every time!

If anyone wants the most perfect homemade dough, for over or grill, let me know. I've been tinkering with my dough recipe for years and I've got an amazing one! Literally better than almost every pizza joint you'll go to...and I'm not exaggerating.

Quick...someone get this guy some water. I think the AZ heat is melting his brain! :lol:
  • Options
    antares434 wrote:
    Step 1: If you use a propane grill, throw it out ... charcoal or wood is the only way to go.

Charcoal and wood is far superior for quality grilled pizza as it produces a much dryer heat and gives a better smokey flavor. Dry heat = better crust. That said, you can still do it on a propane grill.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    DS1119 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm telling ya'...do NOT use a pan or a stone on the grill. The crust will be exponentially better if you put it right on the rack over low-med flame. Oil the grate, toss the crust on one side until it just starts to crisp up. Flip it, put your toppings on, keep the lid closed as much as possible. BOOM...perfect grilled pizza!

If anyone wants the most perfect homemade dough, for over or grill, let me know. I've been tinkering with my dough recipe for years and I've got an amazing one! Literally better than almost every pizza joint you'll go to...and I'm not exaggerating.

Quick...someone get this guy some water. I think the AZ heat is melting his brain! :lol:
    I'm with mca47. Grill pizza directly on the rack!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah...come on over....

or at least PM your dough recipie.

thanks in advance

Sent! :D

thanks

you rock.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

:lol:

Been doing it a long time my friend. I have it mastered! ;)
  • Options
    antares434antares434 Posts: 110
    DS1119 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I agree ... it's amateur hour if you're using a pan or a stone. Put that sucker right on the grill. I use a two zone system ... medium/high heat on one side and a "cool" no coal zone on the other. Start the crust on the hot zone, slide it over to the cool, flip, hot zone, toppings, cool, done.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Been doing it a long time my friend. I master.... ;)

fixed
  • Options
    I'm done. :fp:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited August 2012
    DS1119 wrote:

there are more than one way to cook things....sort of like more than one way to top a steak :fp:
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    antares434 wrote:
    [

I agree ... it's amateur hour if you're using a pan or a stone. Put that sucker right on the grill.

Exactly! :clap:
    If you're using a stone or a pan on the grill, you might as well just put in the oven.
    On the rack is the only way to go!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

there are more than one way to cook things....sort of like more than one way to top a pizza :fp:

Not correct. There's only two ways to cook a pizza on a grill. My way and the wrong way. :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Well, when or if you ever move to AZ you can come by and I'll show you what's what when it comes to grilled pizza! :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Well, when or if you ever move to AZ you can come by and I'll show you what's what when it comes to grilled pizza! :D

My car stops at Tempe. I'm not allowed in Scottsdale anymore. :? :fp:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Why would anyone go to Tempe unless they are planning at staring at the hot ASU chicks?! Is that your plan? If so, can I come? :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Why would anyone go to Tempe unless they are planning at staring at the hot ASU chicks?! Is that your plan? If so, can I come? :lol:

I like this place a lot actually. They mash the potatos there...none of the stinking whipped BS. (and the girls in the area aren't half bad either! :lol: )

http://www.montis.com/
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Directly on the grill over med heat with a light brush of EVOO, cook one side of your crust, then flip, add your toppings, close the lid, have a beer, open the lid, remove perfect pizza, have a beer while your perfect pizza rests, then slice, get a beer and eat!

Simple as that. Let's not complicate things.

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    For the record...81 fucked it up. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    mca47 wrote:

PM it over...I have been living without an oven for over 2 years now, and Jet City pizza gets expensive.

thanks in advance.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    For the record...81 fucked it up. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

#fact

for the record...had the grill way to hot when i put the pie on....toasted the crush. :fp:

#lessonlearned
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    barger395 wrote:
    Directly on the grill over med heat with a light brush of EVOO, cook one side of your crust, then flip, add your toppings, close the lid, have a beer, open the lid, remove perfect pizza, have a beer while your perfect pizza rests, then slice, get a beer and eat!

Simple as that. Let's not complicate things.

Cheers,
    Barger
    so when does the beer come in?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    All this talk about grilling pizza, I might have to do this tonight. :think:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    DS1119 wrote:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Dont forget the BEER!!!!

not the , what does the baby call it? McWater?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Screw the baby. He's a fucktard. :lol:
  • Options
    Craving some pizza! Mmmmm
  • Options
    Dough rising...

Not doing it on the grill, but it's still gonna be amazing! Can't wait to stuff my face! :D
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

At least I don't fuck up my pizza.