Options

New cool article about Fan Clubs (10C related)

allmyrivalsallmyrivals Posts: 228
edited July 2012 in The Porch
http://biffbampop.com/2012/07/17/are-yo ... n-loyalty/

Cool little read..... 10C Rocks all others!
EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
WHAAHYEAH!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Neosurfer79Neosurfer79 Posts: 290
    Good read..Thank you for sharing!
    Sound Advice Amphitheatre - Apr 11,2003, House Of Blues Orlando - Apr 12, 2003, St. Pete Times Forum - Apr 13, 2003,Silver Spurs Arena - Oct 08, 2004, Cruzan Amphitheatre - Jun 11, 2008, St. Pete Times, Forum - Jun 12, 2008, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011

• Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    Interesting. But I wouldn't say pj's music is secondary
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,265
    THanks for sharing!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,830
    Awesome!! 8-)

pearljam10.png?w=604

Still, the ultimate fan club experience has to go to Pearl Jam and their 10 Club which pre-dates PJ itself and was actually started when the band was known as Mother Love Bone. Over the years the 10 Club has offered its members tremendous access to music, the band’s vast archives and exclusive experiences. Recently, “10” provided what I believe is the single greatest fan club opportunity when it recognized one of its oldest and most loyal members. Brian Farias, a Pearl Jam fan from Providence, Rhode Island, has seen the band over 100 times dating back to 1991 and was, what the band called, a Charter Member of the 10 Club. Farias was entered into a draw with nine other charter members for the chance to attend two Pearl Jam gigs in Amsterdam. While on route, Farias was also extended the privilege of putting together the complete set list for one of the shows. This, by far, has to be the single greatest fan recognition/reward I have ever heard about. Farias successfully put together what fans are calling ‘the greatest PJ set list ever’ and the band even invited him out on stage to take a bow during ‘his’ show. Wow…speechless. Twenty years, countless hours and a significant monetary investment in the band paid off in a big way for Farias, but I’m sure every single 10 Club member felt as if they too were being rewarded by the band for their loyalty.

:)
  • Options
    burnsburns Posts: 109
    very interesting

"30 second interaction while receiving an autograph and maybe a photo"
    or be 10 hours (or a night) off waiting before the gates open :corn: - thats hard
    We are all in the same boat : We are thankful, for what we get - and sometimes it is just Mike look at you during a show (or was it the guy next to me :fp: ??)
    We all want a piece off the band - how they can to live up to expectations ??
    The fan club give us the feeling we are closer to the band - just my opinion
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    WaveRyder wrote:
    Definitely not. Not even close.
    It's an amazing fan club. It's the only fan club I've been a member of (aside from email lists), but I definitely feel like I get my money's worth and then some.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    thats great!!!Brian is a really cool - great guy!!! 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    I love that they did that for Brian, and I love that we're recognized as being a great club
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    WaveRyder wrote:

Where does it say that?
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    great read thanks old son :D
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    demetrios wrote:
    Farias successfully put together what fans are calling ‘the greatest PJ set list ever’

I keep reading this and just don't buy it. If the band made this setlist and played it in Cincinatti or Camden, it would be a good show. But knowing that a "superfan" made this setlist, it is a huge let down. I wouldn't have heard one new song at that show. If I was able to pick the selist, it would be loaded with ultra rarities, and I wouldn't have changed the OTOTO status of bugs.

Granted I am under the assumption that the band would agree to play them, but the article says they were open to almost everything he suggested.