Boston Hotels

pjinlovepjinlove Posts: 17
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
My husband and I are thinking of heading up to Boston for the night 2 show. Just curious if any one has any hotels that are close by or on a T stop that would get us to the show.

Thanks!
Va Beach, 2000; Jones Beach Night 3 2000; Saratoga Springs 2000; Albany 2003; Reading (VFC) 2004; Albany 2006; Boston 2 2006 (one of the best nights of my life); East Rutherford 2 2006
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PlaLEashPlaLEash Posts: 75
    pjinlove wrote:
    My husband and I are thinking of heading up to Boston for the night 2 show. Just curious if any one has any hotels that are close by or on a T stop that would get us to the show.

Thanks!

Where are you coming from? Any T stop will get you to the garden...Prob. is the last train is in the area of 12:30...if the show runs a little late your screwed....you best bet is to get a hotel just outside...i.e. sommerville, cambridge...ect...then T it in and cab it out.....
  • pjinlovepjinlove Posts: 17
    We'd be coming from Albany, NY. Straight shot down I-90.

Good point about the T-I didn't realize the trains stopped running around that time.

Thanks!
    Va Beach, 2000; Jones Beach Night 3 2000; Saratoga Springs 2000; Albany 2003; Reading (VFC) 2004; Albany 2006; Boston 2 2006 (one of the best nights of my life); East Rutherford 2 2006
  • PlaLEashPlaLEash Posts: 75
    No problem...i would def. look just north of city....The garden is just over the bridge from cambridge, sommerville, medford....thus cutting down the cab fare.....If you happen across an extra ticket for night 2 think of me !! im still trying to get one.....
  • pjinlovepjinlove Posts: 17
    PlaLEash wrote:
    No problem...i would def. look just north of city....The garden is just over the bridge from cambridge, sommerville, medford....thus cutting down the cab fare.....If you happen across an extra ticket for night 2 think of me !! im still trying to get one.....

Not sure about the tickets yet-before we can even get to that point we have to see if my inlaws can babysit my daughter.

There are still some rear view balcony seats available. Not ideal, but I'm also thinking there will be some tickets available at the show. People always over buy.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    PlaLEash wrote:

don't look too far north... it's all under water
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    A popular hotel for the VFC shows was the Shawmutt Inn, directly across the Garden. Its not the greatest hotel but its the closest to the venue and isnt too $. I stayed there and it wasnt bad.
  • votegirlvotegirl Posts: 95
    ....sorry double post
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
    The Midtown- pretty close to the venue
    prob the cheapest youre gonna get...
    Free parking and a 10 dollar cab ride away.
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • UnevenflowUnevenflow Posts: 19
    Park Plaza Hotel is nice... stayed there for the VFC shows!
  • Dirty FrankDirty Frank Posts: 37
    try priceline.com i got a great deal at a Radisson.
    Randalls Island II, NY 96',East Rutherford, NJ 98',Jones Beach I, NY 00',Philadelphia, PA 03'
    Nassau Col., NY 03',MSG I and II, NY 03',Hershey, PA 03',Holmdel, NJ 03',Philadelphia, PA 05'
    Boston I, 06', East Rutherford I, II 06',MSG I, II 08', Philadelphia, PA III 09', Newark, NJ 10', MSG II 10'
  • LedBetter10LedBetter10 Posts: 39
    try priceline.com i got a great deal at a Radisson.

I did the same thing for the same hotel
    No time to be void, or save up on life...you gotta spend it all.
  • RayneRayne Posts: 99
    Yep, priceline...we got Park Plaza for $99...just enter 3 stars, you're sure to get a great place that way. Choose waterfront for area...don't be afraid! :) See ya at the Harp!!!
    Underneath this smile lies everything...How I choose to feel, is how I AM!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~
  • Rayne wrote:
    Yep, priceline...we got Park Plaza for $99...just enter 3 stars, you're sure to get a great place that way. Choose waterfront for area...don't be afraid! :) See ya at the Harp!!!

Thanks for the info...just got Park Plaza myself for $99. Coming up from the cape as well....maybe I'll bump into you.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, i refer to those in love.

Still Looking for the above

15 shows and counting...