Options

Missoula 2nd show?

nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 702
edited June 2012 in The Porch
I saw burried in a few posts a rumor of a 2nd show. Fueled by hopes or did someone hear there would be a 2nd show added? Trying to decide on flights from Boston.

happy Friday
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    nalyd61 wrote:
    I saw burried in a few posts a rumor of a 2nd show. Fueled by hopes or did someone hear there would be a 2nd show added? Trying to decide on flights from Boston.

happy Friday

i would wait until after the general public sale before booking a flight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884
    81 wrote:
    nalyd61 wrote:

happy Friday

Agree with 81. Prices won't change much between now and next Friday.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    nalyd61 wrote:

happy Friday

Hey, I'm also flying from Boston. Are you leaning towards flying into Spokane or directly to Missoula? Just some advice (if you already didn't know), looks at flights on Tuesday afternoon as this is usually the cheapest flight. Delta, United and SW were all 300 to SPokane on Tuesday and now they are over 500. I could't buy them because I didn't have tix yet.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    dlymnfld wrote:
    nalyd61 wrote:

happy Friday

Hey, I'm also flying from Boston. Are you leaning towards flying into Spokane or directly to Missoula? Just some advice (if you already didn't know), looks at flights on Tuesday afternoon as this is usually the cheapest flight. Delta, United and SW were all 300 to SPokane on Tuesday and now they are over 500. I could't buy them because I didn't have tix yet.

Buy on Tuesday not travel in case there was confusion.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 702
    Thanks. I hadn't looked at Spokane as an option. Good thoughts.

chris

Hey, I'm also flying from Boston. Are you leaning towards flying into Spokane or directly to Missoula? Just some advice (if you already didn't know), looks at flights on Tuesday afternoon as this is usually the cheapest flight. Delta, United and SW were all 300 to SPokane on Tuesday and now they are over 500. I could't buy them because I didn't have tix yet.[/quote]
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    nalyd61 wrote:

happy Friday

if there is a 2nd show it would be saturday night... not too sure that is happening though
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    my2hands wrote:
    nalyd61 wrote:

happy Friday

if there is a 2nd show it would be saturday night... not too sure that is happening though

makes sense....until you remeber the dinner is sat night....of course that could be rescheduled.

i think if there is a second, it will be monday.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    81 wrote:
    my2hands wrote:
    nalyd61 wrote:

happy Friday

makes sense....until you remeber the dinner is sat night....of course that could be rescheduled.

i think it would be a lot easier to sell tickets to a non-tour show in montana on a saturday night... i cant imagine they would add a monday night date for this, even in the small arena
  • Options
    guess we will find out....but it seems day of week doesn't mean as much to bands as it does to us. everyday is sat for them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    at these prices and the capacity, they could sell monday out easy.

people didn't pay $500 for a saturday fundraiser dinner with the senator for it to be rescheduled.

PJ21 is Missoula.

woot
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    81 wrote:
    nalyd61 wrote:

happy Friday

Yeah, I wouldn't arrange travel until later either. A second show announcement would come pretty quick after the public sale (maybe June 23rd?). I did extend my motel reservation though. Hope there will be a second show - I wanna soak it all in for as long as I can.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    my2hands wrote:
    81 wrote:
    my2hands wrote:

i think it would be a lot easier to sell tickets to a non-tour show in montana on a saturday night... i cant imagine they would add a monday night date for this, even in the small arena
    As far as I've been able to tell, days of the week are meaningless. Awesome shows are more often on weekdays in my experience. People like Saturday concerts, but I don't think it actually impacts whether or not they go.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I agree with those who think the added show will not be on Saturday. People are already going to be there Sunday night, selling out Monday shouldn't be a problem.
    Gorge
  • Options
    Tremor-ChrisTremor-Chris Posts: 233
    dlymnfld wrote:
    nalyd61 wrote:

happy Friday

I'm flying from Boston as well. After doing some research on flights and rental cars today. I have found that it costs me an extra $1 to fly directly into Missoula. Also most of the flights that I could find into Spokane that were reasonably priced had 2 stops and estimated travel time of almost 14 hours due to all the layovers. If you have found any better deals let me know? I'm more then willing to do some car pooling from Spokane.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    JimmyV wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nalyd61 wrote:

happy Friday

Agree with 81. Prices won't change much between now and next Tuesday.

fixed
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884
    DS1119 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    81 wrote:

Agree with 81. Prices won't change much between now and next Tuesday.

fixed

:lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    In pretty sure the old rumor about these shows was sept 30 & oct 1
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    I agree with those who think the added show will not be on Saturday. People are already going to be there Sunday night, selling out Monday shouldn't be a problem.

Exactly. If I flew out there from the east coast 1 day wouldn't make a difference unless I booked a flight back for Monday, I would still have to take off from work anyway. I'm hoping they add one so I can at least try to make one of these shows. Some people are acting like this show is in Antarctica. Add another show/lottery 10C! :D
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    81 wrote:
    nalyd61 wrote:

happy Friday

yeah
    tuesday
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    I really wish they would announce the 2nd show if it is going to happen....No way they don't sell out both nights
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I dont think there willl be a second show. They did this back in 05 in support of the same guy and only did one. Something like this in such a small venue and knowing they would sell out(and please dont say they didnt know they would, you and I both know that 5500 can be done in their sleep), they prob would have just announced both shows at the same time...Just my two cents, my opinion is free! ;) ....See you in Missoula kiddies...:-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    I dont think there willl be a second show. They did this back in 05 in support of the same guy and only did one. Something like this in such a small venue and knowing they would sell out(and please dont say they didnt know they would, you and I both know that 5500 can be done in their sleep), they prob would have just announced both shows at the same time...Just my two cents, my opinion is free! ;) ....See you in Missoula kiddies...:-)
    you going buddy?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    you going buddy?

Yes I am , Sir...Got the email this morning! :-) Only 2 hours from where I live, I couldnt miss it!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    you going buddy?

Yes I am , Sir...Got the email this morning! :-) Only 2 hours from where I live, I couldnt miss it!
    thats great!!!!!enjoy!!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    you going buddy?

That would suck if somebody from Montana or that close missed out. That wouldn't be right.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I *hope* you're wrong... I'm betting on a second show just on rumors being fun to believe blindly, but your logic is hard to beat too! :D