New Love...Pearl Jam

Comments

• pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    tater926 wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    downloaded the song BREATH right bloody now, get Benaroya hall if you can for another side of the band, listen to the records chronologically and hear their development, ignore everything that PJ has to do with U2 as they suck, go see them live, go see EV solo, get the dvds, DONT START COLLECTING VINYL, DONT COLLECT POSTERS or you can say goodbye to that retirement/holiday home/holiday/new car/everything, realize that it's impossible to have a favorite album, tell people every day that ten is not all they have done and the other 18 years are just as important, watch everything on youtube, smile and be happy that the best band ever have entered your life and you are now stuck with them until the day you depart this earth, after not picking a favorite album work out that VS is their best album :lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:
    Haha well thank you! I don't plan on purchasing vinyl or posters, as I'm not much of a memorabilia collector. Doesn't mean I won't be spending my "shoes and bags money" on PJ attire!

PJ has definitely made their way into my top 3 favorite bands of all time. Sorry, Metallica will always be #1 on my list. Perhaps they need to tour together :o:lol:

Welcome!!!
    I also wasn't interested in memorabilia to begin with, but i caught the bug with posters and vinyl. It took me 16 years to catch it, but now there's no hope. STAY AWAY FROM VINYL

:lol::lol: a bug that MANY ppl here have caught after saying..."Nah, I'll join FanClub, but I won't buy anything." Resistance is Futile!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • welcome to the boards :D
    and glad you are sharing in the LOVE :P
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    :lol: Listen, unless Jeff Ament delivers the merchandise to me himself, I won't be buying :nono: :lol: Well, like I said before, I'll be buying some wearables.
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    itll start out as a gig poster for a show you were at/liked.... then the cascade.
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Welcome to the board! :wave:
    Has anyone introduced you to Crashious yet? :shh:
    Have fun! :D
    MLMF Det
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    :lol: Listen, unless Jeff Ament delivers the merchandise to me himself, I won't be buying :nono: :lol: Well, like I said before, I'll be buying some wearables.

thats how it always starts..."i'll just buy this PJ20 Beanie & that'll be it"....100's of dollars later, STILL buying!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    welcome :wave:

as a requirement of becoming a member of this asylum, you must read this entire thread

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17949

also...

ashton kutchar is a fan
    tour announcements are always next week (or i guess next tuesday now...not sure when that changed :? )
    a tweet has absolutely nothing to do with twitter
    fuck cincy
    81 is an actual smoking baby
    any questions you have about the band or fan club will be answered with unwavering certainty by redmosquito22 ...the veracity of these answers is at best, fuzzy
    if you value your sanity and soul, stay away from the moving train
    if you want to kill time and have inane, yet fun convos, head over to the all encompassing trip

enjoy! :D

:corn:
    norm wrote:

as a requirement of becoming a member of this asylum, you must read this entire thread

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17949

also...

ashton kutchar is a fan
    tour announcements are always next week (or i guess next tuesday now...not sure when that changed :? )
    fuck cincy
    any questions you have about the band or fan club will be answered with unwavering certainty by redmosquito22 ...the veracity of these answers is at best, fuzzy
    if you want to kill time and have inane, yet fun convos, head over to the all encompassing trip

Rule #136: Sawyer will piss you off

damn...."fuck Cincy"....I'm hurt
    aqo2t.jpg
  • LiLiNY81 wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    Welcome!...be sure to check out Next Tuesdays Fan Club sale
    Awesome, will do! Thanks! And ummmm that pic.....I have to go change my pants.

:lol::lol::lol:
    that's pretty fuckin' funny!

welcome... you will find many, MANY great people on this board who are more than willing to share their love with you. i think you've already seen that with the 2003 bootlegs gift. just wait, it will get better. you have got to make the time to see the guys live. i don't think i'm alone in saying that a live show is an experience you will never forget. wearables and accessories are a good place to start, as they are a cool way to get the word out that you found someone new :mrgreen:

oh yea, and that stuff you hear about collecting PJ vinyl and show prints... its true. beautiful stuff. be careful though. i'm sure there are members here who would be happy to share some pretty crazy stories about trying to get PJ collectibles.

enjoy the ride!!
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    norm wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17949

also...

ashton kutchar is a fan
    fuck cincy

speedy doesn't give a rats ass
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    pjradio wrote:
    :lol::lol: a bug that MANY ppl here have caught after saying..."Nah, I'll join FanClub, but I won't buy anything." Resistance is Futile!

people always want to show themselves as down to earth by saying "i can control myself", we do this, but we know that we are just kidding ourselves... I mean... I am dead certain that the train poster is the last poster I'll ever buy... until I buy the next one...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,955
    Welcome to the boards.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • pjradio wrote:
    norm wrote:

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17949

also...

ashton kutchar is a fan
    fuck cincy

Rule #136: Sawyer will piss you off

Jeeesh, wish somebody would have given me these to follow when I joined! I had to figure it out by myself! Though I didn't introduce myself...Oh well...I'm still learning :D:lol::)
    pjradio wrote:

people always want to show themselves as down to earth by saying "i can control myself", we do this, but we know that we are just kidding ourselves... I mean... I am dead certain that the train poster is the last poster I'll ever buy... until I buy the next one...
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    welcome to the jamily... what took you so long? stay away from vinyl, been there, done that, I'm all messed up... and I recently caught the poster deseased... very catchy as well... some of us are considering group counseling with our membership...
    Isn't this forum "group counseling"? :lol:

it is kind of a therapy, it's more like a support group, since we only pour things down here and share, but most of us really need a profesional and certificate counseling, we need feedback and guidance to overcome this... :mrgreen: :P

You guys are out of control, I love it! :clap: :thumbup:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    You guys are out of control, I love it! :clap: :thumbup:

because there is nothing new to buy, otherwise, we'll be adding stuff to our carts and post about it...

• Welcome...as stated many times this is called "addiction ". It starts out by saying "I'll just buy a couple of shirts" yea right.. my daughter said to me " mom you don't even use a koosie! !!" Best decision was spending mega bucks ( before joining ten club) to see PJ 20. Worth every penny!!! Would do it again in a heartbeat. Best time of our lives..and meeting all the craziest was the best!!! Can't wait to hear back from you in about one month....it's a great addiction! !! Again welcome....nothing will ever be the same again.
  • Oh and their right stay away from the moving train....it's a complete train WRECK! !!!
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    Hello :wave: Dont be sorry......Metallica will always be # 1 on my list too!! 8-)
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Welcome.
    So glad you're here! :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    Welcome! :thumbup: You have a lot of great stuff in your future now... :lol: I just love it that you became a fan after watching PJ 20! When I saw that movie, I thought, this really MUST draw some new fans to Pearl Jam. I´m a fan since 2010, and quite new in here too. See you!

(another) Lisa
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    Welcome! It's always neat to see the enthusiasm of new fans! I think it's a happy reminder for all of us - of that first song we heard on the radio 20 years ago...or the first CD we heard at a friend's house only last year, or whatever.

The good news for you is that you have SOOOO much new-to-you material ahead of you - hundreds of bootlegs, for starters! You won't run out of 'new' material for years!

Enjoy your time here....and keep loving this band. I can't imagine my life over the past 20 years without their music....and I hope 20 years from now, you will feel the same!

Cheers!
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    welcome to the 81 club :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rpech'e wrote:
    Hello :wave: Dont be sorry......Metallica will always be # 1 on my list too!! 8-)
    :clap::mrgreen:
    Pearl Jam and Aerosmith are tied at #2 :P
    81 wrote:
    welcome to the 81 club :lol:

welcome to flip-land

• Given2Fly2012Given2Fly2012 Posts: 659
    edited April 2012
    Hi and welcome! :D I thought I was the "youngest" fan, a baby fan... but I see I am not alone! I've been listening very intensively to PJ music for almost 2 years now, I wish I had more time for everything because it's just really unbelievable the quantity of music you can buy and download, all the fantastic bootlegs and rarities
    check this link out for some TBR that you can download for free:
    http://www.pearljamonline.it/mp3.htm
    (it's in italian mmmh, just contact me if you need some help!)
    enjoy! enjoy the amazing people in this forum! :D :wave:
    Post edited by Given2Fly2012 on
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    rpech'e wrote:

That 'tie' will change. ;) I like (old) Aerosmith too, but a year from now, hanging out here and listening to a bunch of bootlegs that will make you laugh, cry, smile and sigh, you are gonna be going 'AeroWHO'???

I think pretty much everyone here would agree with me when I say that this band does not just invade your head, like listening to the music of other bands does, however good they are.

This band invades your SOUL.

There are very, very few bands that can do that. Many can put out great music and are great technically....but being such a force that they invade your soul? That is not something that can be learned, or even faked, by any old band on the block. You either have it or you don't.

This band has it.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited April 2012
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Welcome, Lisa

Have you seen them live yet? Because if not... look out, it will raise your fan-dom to a new level. To tide you over, are you looking for bootlegs/suggestions? Im sure you would get plenty of those.

Anyways, this is like a neverending pit. Ive been digging for 10 years and I "Cant touch the bottom". All the fellow fans, shows, albums, events, posters, vinyl, 10c goodies, etc...

My advice to Lisa... Aim to see them in smaller towns, rather than NYC. I've heard that seeing them in NYC is fun, but it's also cause for a lot of headaches relating to getting tickets.

Certainly try for whatever is near you, but if you have the money to go to a smaller city on a vacation, do that as well. It might be worth the payoff.

If the last time was any indication, you'll press that F5 button and re-enter your credit card info a lot of times in order to get those NYC tickets.

No no, see them in NYC!! MSG PJ show?? I WISH! But see them at the smaller venues too! :) Hey, I've never seen a show either (but I've seen other shows at MSG and they were amazing - the fans in NYC are awesome fun, as you must already know). By the time my normal like of the band turned into obsessionI wasn't able to attend the ones that came along. :cry: Cannot wait for the next N.A. tour so I can make up for it!! Meanwhile, I've been blowing all my money on PJ vinyl instead. :lol: Have fun with the bootleg collecting if that's your thing... the beginning of collecting PJ bootlegs is the best part - SO MANY new songs to discover that you never knew existed! :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    rpech'e wrote:

That 'tie' will change. ;) I like (old) Aerosmith too, but a year from now, hanging out here and listening to a bunch of bootlegs that will make you laugh, cry, smile and sigh, you are gonna be going 'AeroWHO'???

I think pretty much everyone here would agree with me when I say that this band does not just invade your head, like listening to the music of other bands does, however good they are.

There are very, very few bands that can do that. Many can put out great music and are great technically....but being such a force that they invade your soul? That is not something that can be learned, or even faked, by any old band on the block. You either have it or you don't.

This band has it.
    Oh hun, I would never say "Aero who" LOL. They were my first band-love, first concert. But I do agree that PJ will get into my soul, as they have started already. There are a couple of songs where I can literally sit in my car, by the water, close my eyes and just drift off. I can't do that with any other band. I wasn't kidding when I said earlier that PJ has taken the place of my anxiety medication. I could be completely stressed and lost in my own head (I sound like a nut, I know haha), but once I throw on "Just Breathe", I instantly feel a wave of a calm. Just for that, I'll have eternal gratitude for their music.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited April 2012
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

This band has it.
    Oh hun, I would never say "Aero who" LOL. They were my first band-love, first concert. But I do agree that PJ will get into my soul, as they have started already. There are a couple of songs where I can literally sit in my car, by the water, close my eyes and just drift off. I can't do that with any other band. I wasn't kidding when I said earlier that PJ has taken the place of my anxiety medication. I could be completely stressed and lost in my own head (I sound like a nut, I know haha), but once I throw on "Just Breathe", I instantly feel a wave of a calm. Just for that, I'll have eternal gratitude for their music.
    I'd say that makes you normal here, not a nut (I was actually thinking, 'only a "couple" of songs??' :lol:). As you might guess from my name here, I know what you mean. :) I'm pretty sure there are LOTS of people around here who used PJ to overcome personal obstacles, myself included. You'll quickly find that no matter how huge a fan you become, you will still be normal on the 10C forum. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata