Options

*** THE OFFICIAL TOUR THE NORTHERN UNITED STATES THREAD***

2»

Comments

• Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    DC, Baltimore, Bristow, VA, or my hometown of Martinsburg, WV (now that would be a dream)
    Bump, bump, bump.
  • Options
    PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    ALASKA...hosed for 21 years going strong...... :fp: For the love of GOD, please break this streak!

They are never gonna come here, my friend. I wish I could tell you differently, because they could sell out multiple shows up here, and Alaskans would be grateful for the chance to see a decent band - pretty much ANY decent band. :lol:

But I moved here from Atlanta...so I'm gonna just schedule my vacation around Music Midtown and make a vacation with my family out of it.

I get what you are saying about Alaska...but I'm just not feelin' the pain of people who saw 4 shows within driving distance of their house on the last tour, and 4 more on the tour before that...and 4 more on the tour before that (while Atlanta got ZERO)...and are now bitching because the South, after YEARS of virtually no shows that didn't require a plane ticket for most of us, are finally getting a couple of festival shows, of all things. :fp:

It's really...amazing to me. It really is.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,538
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    They are never gonna come here, my friend. I wish I could tell you differently, because they could sell out multiple shows up here, and Alaskans would be grateful for the chance to see a decent band - pretty much ANY decent band. :lol:

But I moved here from Atlanta...so I'm gonna just schedule my vacation around Music Midtown and make a vacation with my family out of it.

I get what you are saying about Alaska...but I'm just not feelin' the pain of people who saw 4 shows within driving distance of their house on the last tour, and 4 more on the tour before that...and 4 more on the tour before that (while Atlanta got ZERO)...and are now bitching because the South, after YEARS of virtually no shows that didn't require a plane ticket for most of us, are finally getting a couple of festival shows, of all things. :fp:

It's really...amazing to me. It really is.

Yeah I know, people are excited about Creed...pretty much says it all. Nobody wants to come here. Bands can make a lot more money pretty much anywhere else in the world with a lot less effort than making the trip here. Still hoping maybe an Ed show someday.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Reading, PA again or I'm not going.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Texas! :corn:

:thumbup:

Yes please!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    :lol:

Jeez...how many times have we southerners heard several of the northerners (who got shows every other year and could go to multiple city venues within a couple hundred miles of their own bed and see 4 to 6 shows per tour) telling us southerners to just take off from work, buy plane tickets, hotel reservations, and rental cars and just travel to the shows up north. Because apparently, they thought we were made of money in the south.

I'll start feeling sorry for all those people (who have said those things to us COUNTLESS times since I've been on this board) when they apologize to the southerners for being such self-centered jerkwads to us.

NOW do you see how much it sucks to be looking at a $2,500 bill to see a single show?

Well, lots of southerners have been doing it for YEARS, while you guys get to go to multiple shows a tour for peanuts - just the price of the tickets and a bit of gas money. Atlanta has not seen Pearl Jam since 2003...and in that same time period, you guys up north (some of you in much smaller cities than Atlanta) have had MULTIPLE tours come through, with multiple nights in many venues.

So sorry...but I'll have to save my sympathy for the Texans...who still have a long way to go, even for these festivals, and haven't had PJ in their city for WAY more than 2 or 3 years.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    i would love a small northeast tour

2 nights in Boston
    1 night in Hartford
    2 nights at MSG
    2 nights in philli

and then my bank account will be empty
  • Options
    I would love at least one regular show within a 5 hour drive. I know that has been too much to ask for for the last 9 years (with one exception), but really hope it comes true this time!
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    Better Dan wrote:
    I would love at least one regular show within a 5 hour drive. I know that has been too much to ask for for the last 9 years (with one exception), but really hope it comes true this time!

If you're talking about ACL.. it was still a festival. Meh. Is it so much to ask for a proper show within a reasonable drive? I honestly wonder what the crowds are going to be like come November for the solo shows..
  • Options
    Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    Been damn near 3 years since the last Chicago shows!!! :x
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    Mitch8415 wrote:
    Been damn near 3 years since the last Chicago shows!!! :x

i would travel to chicago for a show. As long as it isn't a festival.
  • Options
    PLEASE PLAY THE NORTH EAST.

I know, we are selfish. I don't care though. ME. ME. ME. NORTHEAST.
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Better Dan wrote:
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

Jeez...how many times have we southerners heard several of the northerners (who got shows every other year and could go to multiple city venues within a couple hundred miles of their own bed and see 4 to 6 shows per tour) telling us southerners to just take off from work, buy plane tickets, hotel reservations, and rental cars and just travel to the shows up north. Because apparently, they thought we were made of money in the south.

I'll start feeling sorry for all those people (who have said those things to us COUNTLESS times since I've been on this board) when they apologize to the southerners for being such self-centered jerkwads to us.

NOW do you see how much it sucks to be looking at a $2,500 bill to see a single show?

Well, lots of southerners have been doing it for YEARS, while you guys get to go to multiple shows a tour for peanuts - just the price of the tickets and a bit of gas money. Atlanta has not seen Pearl Jam since 2003...and in that same time period, you guys up north (some of you in much smaller cities than Atlanta) have had MULTIPLE tours come through, with multiple nights in many venues.

So sorry...but I'll have to save my sympathy for the Texans...who still have a long way to go, even for these festivals, and haven't had PJ in their city for WAY more than 2 or 3 years.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

namericapop-1.jpg?t=1335468965

I just can't figure out why they wouldn't play the south as often as the north.... :roll:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,994
    I like this thread.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Come to Chicago, you never come to...

haha, ok, couldn't finish that with a straight face. :P

Seriously though, come to Chicago! You can crash at my place! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I just can't figure out why they wouldn't play the south as often as the north.... :roll:

Take another look at Dallas and Houston on that map. :roll: I don't think the complaint is that they don't play here as often as they play the north..the comment is that they have not been here in 9 years. Pretty much every other major touring act comes through here every time they tour. I know PJ doesn't do major tours anymore, but 9 years is an absolutely long time to wait. I agree that they should play NY and the NE every time they tour..those are the largest markets. But major cities waiting 9 years for shows is crazy! People on here commenting because their area hasn't had a PJ show in 2 years, but you think 9 years is okay for the 4th, 8th, and 9th most populated cities in the country? Dallas is also the 4th largest metro area in the USA and Houston is the 5th. We aren't exactly asking them to play a show in in a rural area....
  • Options
    Anyway, I'll stop now..I don't want this to turn into a back and forth complaint thread..I fully support tours for the NE AND the South! :D
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,994
    Don't forget the hosers.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    I need a dream interpretation (please)...

Moments before waking today Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns started playing (PJ style).

Thank you
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Tboz51 wrote:

Moments before waking today Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns started playing (PJ style).

Thank you

:think: Ummm, don't take any pony rides today or you might fall off??? :think:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Tboz51 wrote:

Thank you

:think: Ummm, don't take any pony rides today or you might fall off??? :think:
    Check

Take 4H trip of list for day.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

Well said.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Yes well said, but your complaint doesn't fit in this thread. Go complain to the actual people who can effect a concert in Texas or wherever.

This a please tour the Northern States thread. Not a DON'T tour the south.

Your complaints are better directed at the 10C.
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,964
    ComeToTX wrote:
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

Well said.
    :fp:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    jened10jened10 Posts: 170
    Pittsburgh!! It's been 6 years.

I know, I know, they played in Philly. I was there for Night 4, however I recall at the last Pittsburgh show Eddie saying something along the lines of, "While this may not be our favorite place in the world (enter lots of booing), it is one of our favorite places to play (enter lots of cheering)." :D Or is this something he says to all of the girls...errr...fans?
  • Options
    childish bump
  • Options
    Not_4_YouNot_4_You Posts: 140
    I hope they play a tour this year any damn where in the U.S.
    Anything north of the mason dixon would be great.
    Anything south of the mason dixon would be alright.
    Alaska would be freakin AWESOME......(would DEFINATELY go)
    I can't really bitch.......I got two shows last year within driving distance of my house.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    what would be funny is if the band decided to take a quick peak in the forum to get a feel for what fans are posting about and at that brief moment this thread is on page one, and the others, like the Tour the South thread are on page two and they go: "wow, people really do want us to only tour the northeast US! ok, then let's do it!"

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Not_4_You wrote:
    I hope they play a tour this year any damn where in the U.S.
    Anything north of the mason dixon would be great.
    Anything south of the mason dixon would be alright.
    Alaska would be freakin AWESOME......(would DEFINATELY go)
    I can't really bitch.......I got two shows last year within driving distance of my house.

Truth! Wisconsin is beautiful, and I loved it there. Play the North, South, East, and West! :D