Pearl Jam CD in JB HiFi Australia

BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
edited April 2012 in The Porch
Came across a CD in a JB HiFi store here in Australia yesterday. It was $25.99. It was called 'The Broadcasts' Pearl Jam 1992. It included tracks from the Singles premiere party, tracks from Saturday night live ( Alive and Porch) and an FM radio
broadcast of about 12 tracks - mainly from Ten CD

It's quite obviously not an official release as I'm sure we'd have heard about it. Also the title 'The Broadcasts' might mean
there are other bands in the series??

I didnt buy it. Has anyone else come across this?? I'll try and load a photo!?
Melbourne #1 '98
Melbourne #2 '03
Melbourne #3 '03
Melbourne #1 '06
Melbourne #3 '06
Melbourne '09
Melbourne '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I check out PJ cds regularly whenever I go to JBs hoping to see something different that I dont already own and Ive never seen this in any of the stores that I go to. Which city/store did you see this cd in?
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    pjamaholic wrote:
    I check out PJ cds regularly whenever I go to JBs hoping to see something different that I dont already own and Ive never seen this in any of the stores that I go to. Which city/store did you see this cd in?

Cranbourne, Melbourne, Victoria.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • CD143775CD143775 Posts: 32
    Hmmm I live in Cranny... I wonder what time JBs shuts on a Sunday... I WANT!!!
  • Hey guys!

Yeah, I have this CD. A friend of mine works a JB and alerts me to PJ related bootlegs and strange little pieces that come into the store (and puts them aside for me).

This boot is alright. It's from a very small distributor that JB have just started dealing with. It's fairly typical of shows at the time. Sound quality is ok (not bad by any means). I bought it for the two tracks from the shambolic Singles show.

Worth getting if you're a die-hard. Otherwise, if you already have some live shows from the era there's no point in getting this. There's nothing particularly special about this one.

B
  • unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    Yeah it's a bootleg that has been released resently. It has been around for a little while. It has also resently been pressed to vinyl. It is not a released authorized by pearl jam.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Thanks for the clarification! :)
    Hey guys!

Yeah, I have this CD. A friend of mine works a JB and alerts me to PJ related bootlegs and strange little pieces that come into the store (and puts them aside for me).

This boot is alright. It's from a very small distributor that JB have just started dealing with. It's fairly typical of shows at the time. Sound quality is ok (not bad by any means). I bought it for the two tracks from the shambolic Singles show.

Worth getting if you're a die-hard. Otherwise, if you already have some live shows from the era there's no point in getting this. There's nothing particularly special about this one.

B
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    Its sort of a bootleg and it sort of isn't.

From what I gather someone has legal rights to the recordings in Europe. So the CD has been issued legally there (hence its not technically a bootleg). However it isn't legal in the US/Canada (I'm not sure about Australia).

It was definitely not put out by the band or their record label, but some wierd loophole in Euro law allowed it to come out.

So its pretty much a wierd legal bootleg....