Options

Coachella 2012

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just saw this on twitter. Man, I wish I was going. For those of you into art, vinyl toy art, etc, I'd recommend checking these guys out. Super cool and very talented....."If you are headed out to Coachella this year make sure to drop by and see the @beastbrothers doing some live painting"
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    kasedoug wrote:

For the first time ever, it looks like I will be spending most of my time at the main stage (mainly on Friday and Saturday). I am happy that many of the British bands are doing the main stage...it gets way too crowded in the tents and second stage.

I am looking forward to seeing Pulp do "Common People"!

The only conflicts are Kaiser Chiefs/Buzzcocks, and Pulp/Madness (only a bit of overlap, but I hate rushing from one stage to another...I'd rather sacrifice a band so that I can feel "rooted" before a band comes on).

The Zia tent is right near the main entrance, so we are gonna rush into there first thing for RSD stuff!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Same here. I want to grab ATDI's RSD release and see if I can luck out finding a signed poster inside Social D's release for my cousin-in-law who loves them. Luckily, my passes are being shipped to me so I don't have to go to will call at Indian Wells like last year when I won from kroq. Just have to see if I can get my group motivated to leave early Friday morning.

I haven't given the set times a thorough look but the only conflict I really saw was The Black Keys vs. Explosions in the Sky vs. M83. I love the Black Keys and have seen them 5 times, but I've always wanted to see EITS and I here M83 puts on a good show. Other than that, I'm just excited overall. Things are seeming to really work out for the best this year with passes and such.

See you in the desert!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:

For the first time ever, it looks like I will be spending most of my time at the main stage (mainly on Friday and Saturday). I am happy that many of the British bands are doing the main stage...it gets way too crowded in the tents and second stage.

I am looking forward to seeing Pulp do "Common People"!

The only conflicts are Kaiser Chiefs/Buzzcocks, and Pulp/Madness (only a bit of overlap, but I hate rushing from one stage to another...I'd rather sacrifice a band so that I can feel "rooted" before a band comes on).

The Zia tent is right near the main entrance, so we are gonna rush into there first thing for RSD stuff!
  • Options
    KC, you won tix to Coachella 2years in a row??... :shock: Damn man, that is awesome! Do you win a lot of stuff like that? I have to say, my method of turning over hard earned $ is highly over-rated.

Still looking for a Coachella ATDI buddy. Can pay up front if need be? Shoot me a pm if its possible.. :)
    KC, according to the press release they're splitting them up over both weekends.
  • Options
    @Beastbrothers are painting live @ Coachella today. Would highly recommend anyone into art stop by and check them out. Have fun! Anyone going... give some reviews for those of us who were'nt able to?

:( Pretty much lost hope but if any1 would like to help me out, just check out my prev post in the thread referring to the ATDI vinyl release. Thanks..
  • Options
    Haha. Yep. I've been pretty fortunate the past couple years and won some great things and experiences I'll never forget. Definitely beats having to pay for them. This year was even better because all it took was one single tweet (and a decent amount of know how) and I scored VIP. Can't wait for next week. Looks like I chose the right weekend as well since they're expecting rain out there today.

Just saw the Black Keys Coachella poster online and it looks awesome. Looks like another thing I'll have to get out there early for Friday. Considering driving separately if my friends can't make it up early to head out first thing in the morning.
    KC, you won tix to Coachella 2years in a row??... :shock: Damn man, that is awesome! Do you win a lot of stuff like that? I have to say, my method of turning over hard earned $ is highly over-rated.
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

All set for weekend 2.....passes, shuttle and hotel all sorted!

Nice. My friend has a room and tickets for weekend 2 so I may switch, but the only ticket I managed to get my hands on was a weekend 1 from Radiohead's site.

Once word got out that Radiohead was selling tickets, they sold out very quickly!

That would be right. RH are one of the greatest bands around at the moment!
  • Options
    Once word got out that Radiohead was selling tickets, they sold out very quickly![/quote]

That would be right. RH are one of the greatest bands around at the moment![/quote]

at the moment? they are more than that! they are easily the 2nd most important band of our generation 2nd only to nirvana. radiohead are one of the best bands of all time. They;ve been this way probably since OKC which of course was released 15 years ago. they are only getting better, thats the scary part. Flawless band. one of the greatest lyricists and frontmen of all time in thom. and johnny has to be one of the most underrated guitarists of all time, but will in time be viewed with the kind of praise and honor he deserves. what do you say about a band like radiohead? endlessly searching and experimenting, creating, trying out new things. this isnt just a huge band in 2012. i think a case could be made that in 40 years, they will be viewed along the lines of Elvis, or the beatles, or the stones or dylan.
  • Options
    Damn.., At-The Drive In is killing it! :corn:
  • Options
    Can't wait to see them. It's been over a dozen years since I saw them at the Palace in Hollywood. Counting down until this weekend and getting so excited.
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Not sure if any of you are interested, but anyone see the 2pac hologram with Snoop and Dre? Cool and creepy at the same time.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Not sure if any of you are interested, but anyone see the 2pac hologram with Snoop and Dre? Cool and creepy at the same time.

I thought it was pretty cool.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Heard all the buzz about it over the weekend. Will be interesting to see it with my own eyes this weekend.
    EZ1221C wrote:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878

:lol:
    The Hives just killed it!! I always wondered what it would be like if everybody sat down, now I know :D

:lol: kinda funny if you are watching the channel and everyone's comments on the left. Someone said that "so and so" are killing it

Waiting for Justice now.

I actually experienced a sit down thing once. It was for Slipknot about 10 years ago. Corey asked everyone to sit down and then told everyone to jump the fuck up or something like that. I forget what song it was though. It was my first and only time seeing them. Still pretty cool though.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:

548485_429386203757505_205344452828349_1535017_438566090_n.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:

548485_429386203757505_205344452828349_1535017_438566090_n.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::clap::clap::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I'm so excited.
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    I'm so excited.

:? for what?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    For Coachella! It's finally here. :D
    kasedoug wrote:
    Woo hoo!!! I won tickets to Coachella today!!! Who's going weekend 2?!?! See you there!

kasedoug wrote:
    I'm so excited.

• Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    For Coachella! It's finally here. :D
    kasedoug wrote:
    Woo hoo!!! I won tickets to Coachella today!!! Who's going weekend 2?!?! See you there!

kasedoug wrote:
    I'm so excited.

oh yeah forgot it's two weekends this year. :oops:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    damn, it was hot today at the festival.....104 degrees!

we focused on full sets, so we saw James, Pulp, Madness and Refused. We cuaght a few mins of the Black Keys....john fogerty played "The Weight" with them in memory of Levon Helm. we also saw a few songs from Yuck, as well as EITS. Did some damage to the bank account at the Record Store Day shop (they sell everything on Friday). the EV was sold out by the time we arrived. :cry:
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Once word got out that Radiohead was selling tickets, they sold out very quickly!

That would be right. RH are one of the greatest bands around at the moment![/quote]

at the moment? they are more than that! they are easily the 2nd most important band of our generation 2nd only to nirvana. radiohead are one of the best bands of all time. They;ve been this way probably since OKC which of course was released 15 years ago. they are only getting better, thats the scary part. Flawless band. one of the greatest lyricists and frontmen of all time in thom. and johnny has to be one of the most underrated guitarists of all time, but will in time be viewed with the kind of praise and honor he deserves. what do you say about a band like radiohead? endlessly searching and experimenting, creating, trying out new things. this isnt just a huge band in 2012. i think a case could be made that in 40 years, they will be viewed along the lines of Elvis, or the beatles, or the stones or dylan.[/quote]

I agree with everything you have to say. I was underrating them when I said they're one of the greatest bands at the moment. You are right, they are getting better as they go along and it's incredible all the different, interesting, innovative stuff they come up with. May they be around for years to come with their amazing creativity. I love everything about them and have to have a "hit" of their music every day. I have all their albums which I quickly bought not long after I discovered their genius. They're as relevant today as Pink Floyd were in their heyday. Thom and Jonny are outstanding as is the rest of the band, who are obviously more low key than Thom and Jonny. I hope that they are viewed along the lines of the artists you mentioned in years to come. Good to know that there are people out there such as your self who view this band in the way that they deserve to be seen. I'm seeing them live for the first time in November, and cannot wait, it will be the highlight of my year, I'm sure.