Props to Fox News-Global Warming related

RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
edited April 2012 in A Moving Train
I could not believe my eyes! Earlier this evening around 6:20 pm CST, fox news dude is reporting on how March will go down as hottest ever recorded for the lower 48 states. he then mentions 'scientists' and 'how things are getting weird'.

I was in utter shock on 2 fronts, first, this is first i've heard of hottest March on record, and second that Fox news was lending any credence to scientific studies and the effects of climate change. Maybe we have reached a tipping point in this conversation?

anyone else see this report?
San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
Dallas-November 2013
OKC-November 2013
ACL 2-October 2014
Fenway Night 1, August 2016
Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    RFTC wrote:
    I could not believe my eyes! Earlier this evening around 6:20 pm CST, fox news dude is reporting on how March will go down as hottest ever recorded for the lower 48 states. he then mentions 'scientists' and 'how things are getting weird'.

I was in utter shock on 2 fronts, first, this is first i've heard of hottest March on record, and second that Fox news was lending any credence to scientific studies and the effects of climate change. Maybe we have reached a tipping point in this conversation?

anyone else see this report?

Was this aired April 1st by any chance? :lol:

No, seriously though, sooner or later the overwhelming evidence will convince even the staunches doubter. And at this point the question isn't, can we prevent anthropogenic global warming but rather, to what degree can we limit the damage.

I get tired of hearing myself talk about this subject so from now on I will add this positive reminder to any of my posts related to global warming:

No matter how bad things look, don't forget to have fun!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i don't believe it! ... :lol:
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i am waiting for the other blowhards on the network to scoff at and blast this person, try to discredit them, and apologize on behalf of the network to all of their viewers for misleading them....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    brianlux wrote:
    No, seriously though, sooner or later the overwhelming evidence will convince even the staunches doubter.

:lol:

Try talking to my sister-in-law. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • In the 70's it was "GLOBAL COOLING "
    In the 80's & 90's it was GLOBAL WARMING "
    AND THEN IN 2000 IT WAS 'MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE "

So which is it ? :?

and when did Carbon Dioxide become a pollutant ? (water vapor ) When Al Gore and Utopian statist like Maurice Strong and alll the other scientist at IPCC that stand to make millions off Carbon Credits said so ?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    March was awesome! If this is the result of global warming, then we need to keep depleting that ozone!

8-)
    Jason P wrote:
    March was awesome! If this is the result of global warming, then we need to keep depleting that ozone!

8-)

It's the more about the CO2, my friend.

Don't forget to have fun!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Jason P wrote:

8-)

<facepalm>

:lol:
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    In the 70's it was "GLOBAL COOLING "

and when did Carbon Dioxide become a pollutant ? (water vapor ) When Al Gore and Utopian statist like Maurice Strong and alll the other scientist at IPCC that stand to make millions off Carbon Credits said so ?

i've always thought giving it these labels is just an absurd distraction. is it cooling? is it warming? is it a natural cycle? why not argue the impact of pollution instead?
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    why not argue the impact of pollution instead?

Yep!
    In the 70's it was "GLOBAL COOLING "

A few answers to consider, Wave:

A) Anything can be a pollutant if it's quantity or concentrations run higher than its host or environment can tolerate.

B) Carbon Dioxide is not water vapor. It is a trace gas and there is much more water vapor in the atmosphere than carbon dioxide. Due to human activities such as fossil fuel use and deforestation, carbon dioxide concentrations in the atmosphere have increase about 35% since the beginning of the age of industrialization.

C) If you read legitimate, well established climate sites like realclimate.org, Union of Concerned Scientist, Natural Resources Defense Committee and so forth you will seldom hear Al Gore's name mentioned (not that he's totally irrelevant, but...)

D) Not all IPCC scientists are as rich as you might suspect and if some are making good money- why not? You wouldn't pay a body guard minimum wage, would you? So why pay well those who are trying to find solutions to a problem that could have catastrophic effects on most life on the planet- people who do highly specialized work that takes a great deal of education, time and dedication to perform? Also- there are huge numbers of people who work in this field for little money and many of us who spend time as activists for not a single nickle.

E) Don't forget to engage in the utopian activity of having fun!

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    It's hard to morph even those facts since the jet stream was out of whack for months, causing the unusual warmth. I'm still shocked that Fox dare to tell the truth how the weather has been. :lol: