Options

2011 bootlegs..incredible

2»

Comments

• Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    GS4566 wrote:
    I agree they are some of the best sounding boots to be released yet, but I'm still wondering if anyone else has noticed the issue I posted in a thread a few days ago.

"Some of you may have seen my post regarding the glitches in the Santiago 2011 boot on Cropduster. Well, just today I hear another glitch in Black in the Toronto 1 2011 boot. Both were officially purchased MP3s from the Ten Club. Regarding Santiago, a friend let me hear his FLAC copy and the glitches were not present. Furthermore, the Toronto 1 boot is available to listen to on Pearljamlive.com and the glitch in Black is not there as well. I have emailed Ten Club 3 days ago with no response. I called and the lady told me they had been in meetings all week. Am I truly the first to notice these ridiculous glitches/skips/popping noises on the MP3 boots from 2011 because I know the Newark 2010 Daughter MP3 glitch was pretty big deal two years ago, yet these aren't?"

Btw, although I also agree Ed's voice is really strong on the 2011 tour, I feel his voice was slightly better in 2010. 2010 was a HUGE improvement in Ed's vocals in comparison to the 08/09 tours. 2011 is superior to those tours as well. Still, 2010 boots demonstrate what a good tour it was for Ed vocally.

There are glitches in other boots. Just after GtF in Montreal, during Mother in B Aires and I found two during Cropduster in Santiago. I don't hear the glitch in Toronto 1, but I have the FLAC. The errors are all the same- encoding (?) errors, where a 1/2 skip during the track (silence).

Since it is added silence and no music is missed, you can fix these with any editing software. I used adobe audition to trim out the silence. Then used Traders Little Helper to fix the SBEs (the tracking will be off) and viola....fixed. Pain to do it though.

Thank you so much for replying to this, you are actually the first after many attempts to find out if anyone else is noticing these glitches. What truly bothers me is we are paying good money for these Mp3s. I know we take a hit in the bitrate, but it's inexcusable to have these many encoding glitches. I checked the Santiago FLAC and the Cropduster glitches are not present, but they are abundant in the MP3. I have emailed the ten club, but they haven't responded and its been about a week! I'm truly getting frustrated because I love buying these boots and listening to them, but do I have to buy the damn FLAC or CD to have assurance that my product is of good quality, free from careless encoding glitches? Where is the fairness in that? 2006-2010 didn't seem to have this problem, or am I overlooking those?
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    GS4566GS4566 Posts: 53
    GS4566 wrote:
    I agree they are some of the best sounding boots to be released yet, but I'm still wondering if anyone else has noticed the issue I posted in a thread a few days ago.

"Some of you may have seen my post regarding the glitches in the Santiago 2011 boot on Cropduster. Well, just today I hear another glitch in Black in the Toronto 1 2011 boot. Both were officially purchased MP3s from the Ten Club. Regarding Santiago, a friend let me hear his FLAC copy and the glitches were not present. Furthermore, the Toronto 1 boot is available to listen to on Pearljamlive.com and the glitch in Black is not there as well. I have emailed Ten Club 3 days ago with no response. I called and the lady told me they had been in meetings all week. Am I truly the first to notice these ridiculous glitches/skips/popping noises on the MP3 boots from 2011 because I know the Newark 2010 Daughter MP3 glitch was pretty big deal two years ago, yet these aren't?"

Btw, although I also agree Ed's voice is really strong on the 2011 tour, I feel his voice was slightly better in 2010. 2010 was a HUGE improvement in Ed's vocals in comparison to the 08/09 tours. 2011 is superior to those tours as well. Still, 2010 boots demonstrate what a good tour it was for Ed vocally.

There are glitches in other boots. Just after GtF in Montreal, during Mother in B Aires and I found two during Cropduster in Santiago. I don't hear the glitch in Toronto 1, but I have the FLAC. The errors are all the same- encoding (?) errors, where a 1/2 skip during the track (silence).

Since it is added silence and no music is missed, you can fix these with any editing software. I used adobe audition to trim out the silence. Then used Traders Little Helper to fix the SBEs (the tracking will be off) and viola....fixed. Pain to do it though.

Thank you so much for replying to this, you are actually the first after many attempts to find out if anyone else is noticing these glitches. What truly bothers me is we are paying good money for these Mp3s. I know we take a hit in the bitrate, but it's inexcusable to have these many encoding glitches. I checked the Santiago FLAC and the Cropduster glitches are not present, but they are abundant in the MP3. I have emailed the ten club, but they haven't responded and its been about a week! I'm truly getting frustrated because I love buying these boots and listening to them, but do I have to buy the damn FLAC or CD to have assurance that my product is of good quality, free from careless encoding glitches? Where is the fairness in that? 2006-2010 didn't seem to have this problem, or am I overlooking those?

Chicago night 1 (just CD2) and all of the European and Australian tour of 2006 FLACs have SBE's (you can hear what sound like a skip when between the tracks). You can fix them with Traders Little Helper. I went through and fixed them all years ago.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/arc ... -2422.html

http://tlh.easytree.org/

I love the boots and the fact that they are available. PJ really started the boot trend among bands (maybe nugs.net tied). Still though, other bands release flawless, high quality boots-days after the show and PJ can't seem to get it right.
  • Options
    Well, the small skip/gap between tracks doesn't really bother me as much as the popping noises or glitches within songs that are present on the official MP3, but not on the official FLAC. So far, Toronto 1 and Santiago have had this problem. I found what I thought to be similar errors on Curitiba, Calgary, and Buenos Aires MP3s but it turned out those popping/skips were on the FLACs as well (recording errors I assume). I hope Toronto 1 and Santiago are the only ones I find this discrepancy between the Mp3 and FLAC copy of official boots.

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Well, the small skip/gap between tracks doesn't really bother me as much as the popping noises or glitches within songs that are present on the official MP3, but not on the official FLAC. So far, Toronto 1 and Santiago have had this problem. I found what I thought to be similar errors on Curitiba, Calgary, and Buenos Aires MP3s but it turned out those popping/skips were on the FLACs as well (recording errors I assume). I hope Toronto 1 and Santiago are the only ones I find this discrepancy between the Mp3 and FLAC copy of official boots.

I found them on Montreal (GtF), Buenos Aires (Mother) and Santiago (cropduster) . Which songs did you find them on Curitba and Calgary. I'll check my FLACs.

Edited to add. SBE's are not terrible, but i find it annoying when there is a jump when the tracks change. Plus it is easy to fix. Personal preference though.
  • Options
    GS4566 wrote:

I found them on Montreal (GtF), Buenos Aires (Mother) and Santiago (cropduster) . Which songs did you find them on Curitba and Calgary. I'll check my FLACs.

Edited to add. SBE's are not terrible, but i find it annoying when there is a jump when the tracks change. Plus it is easy to fix. Personal preference though.

I can understand where those "jumps" between tracks could be annoying; be it on studio albums I could not handle them. Anyways, on Calgary it was Crazy Mary around the 4 min mark when Boom starts his solo, a slight skip. On Curitiba it was Off He Goes at the 30 sec mark, a slight pop. I listened to GtF from Montreal earlier, the official MP3, and I didn't really hear a glitch. What time in the song did you hear something? But, I'm really curious you have the official FLAC of Santiago, no? I have the official MP3 and it's filled with at least 10 pops and 2 skips I believe. I heard the FLAC version from a friend and I didn't hear them. So, Id be curious to know the time makers you heard glitches for Cropduster as well.

Thanks again for the help and checking this out on your FLACs. ;)

Btw, have you possibly noticed any issues like these (popping/skipping within songs) with the 2008-2010 boots? I have several official Mp3s from those tours and have listened to many quite extensively and haven't caught errors like these. This being said, I'm really concerned with the quality control of the Mp3s for the 2011 boots.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,944
    Thank you for linking to the video I edited :)

Great show Toronto1, but I grown a bit tired of it. Gonne buy another CA show, hamilton or toronto2.
    ITS THE BEST VIDEO ON YOU TUBE THE LAST YEAR!!!!!

Thank you, but I bet there is a cute-cats-do-cute-things video that surpasses this one in being the best :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Montreal sounds great. After listening to this one, and seeing all the comments about Ed's voice cracking or being off-key, Ed's vocals are kicking some serious energy ass and the whole band is just on fire!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    GS4566 wrote:

I can understand where those "jumps" between tracks could be annoying; be it on studio albums I could not handle them. Anyways, on Calgary it was Crazy Mary around the 4 min mark when Boom starts his solo, a slight skip. On Curitiba it was Off He Goes at the 30 sec mark, a slight pop. I listened to GtF from Montreal earlier, the official MP3, and I didn't really hear a glitch. What time in the song did you hear something? But, I'm really curious you have the official FLAC of Santiago, no? I have the official MP3 and it's filled with at least 10 pops and 2 skips I believe. I heard the FLAC version from a friend and I didn't hear them. So, Id be curious to know the time makers you heard glitches for Cropduster as well.

Thanks again for the help and checking this out on your FLACs. ;)

Btw, have you possibly noticed any issues like these (popping/skipping within songs) with the 2008-2010 boots? I have several official Mp3s from those tours and have listened to many quite extensively and haven't caught errors like these. This being said, I'm really concerned with the quality control of the Mp3s for the 2011 boots.

For GtF in Montreal it is just after the song in the crowd noise. At first, I had a burn error (yes I burned it to a CD), but found it on the original FLAC. I found the Pops and skips in Curitba and Calgary. A skip in Calgary and a pop in Curitba. My FLACs for Santiago had the problems in Cropduster.

I have FLACs, no MP3s at all. I'm a snob who loathes MP3s :-)
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Agreed. I only have the Lima and Toronto 1 shows, and they sound VERY good. Had a 6 hour road trip this weekend, so I listened to both shows and they sound great. Can't wait for those Alpine boots and what come along with them. ;)
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    For GtF in Montreal it is just after the song in the crowd noise. At first, I had a burn error (yes I burned it to a CD), but found it on the original FLAC. I found the Pops and skips in Curitba and Calgary. A skip in Calgary and a pop in Curitba. My FLACs for Santiago had the problems in Cropduster.

Well, if these noises are found in both the MP3 and FLAC I feel it is a flaw in the actual recording. I can't even hear the glitch you're referring to in Montreal, maybe my MP3 is covering it up :D Now, I'm still having issue with the Toronto 1 and Santiago boots. I have heard the FLAC for both and the pops/skips I have in my MP3s are not present in the FLACs. Ten Club told me today that the man I need to talk to is in Costa Rica helping Mike. I will find out what they will do here in about a week.

• Options

Well, if these noises are found in both the MP3 and FLAC I feel it is a flaw in the actual recording. I can't even hear the glitch you're referring to in Montreal, maybe my MP3 is covering it up :D Now, I'm still having issue with the Toronto 1 and Santiago boots. I have heard the FLAC for both and the pops/skips I have in my MP3s are not present in the FLACs. Ten Club told me today that the man I need to talk to is in Costa Rica helping Mike. I will find out what they will do here in about a week.

Let me know what they say. The glitch in Montreal was around the 5:00 mark. It was in the crowd noise, it was/is a 1 second gap of silence. Like I said earlier, I thought it was a burn error. Then I found one in Mother from B Aires, Cropduster from Santiago, etc. They seem to be all over the official boots here and there.
  • Options
    GS4566 wrote:

Let me know what they say. The glitch in Montreal was around the 5:00 mark. It was in the crowd noise, it was/is a 1 second gap of silence. Like I said earlier, I thought it was a burn error. Then I found one in Mother from B Aires, Cropduster from Santiago, etc. They seem to be all over the official boots here and there.

The small popping noises are on every single 2011 boot I have heard, both FLAC and MP3. Nothing we could do about those, and they aren't really that noticeable. Most likely they occurred while the show was recording. But when there are skips or LOUD pops in the MP3s that aren't present in the FLACs, such as Toronto 1 and Santiago, it is a problem that the Ten Club should fix. Hopefully they will, but Ill let you know.

• Options
    I finally got in touch with the guy I needed to. Shew, he must be a busy fellow. Nonetheless, like he told me before, my complaint has been sent to the "bootleg guys" who do the MP3 encodes. He didn't know when they would fix the issue, so he offered me a refund and I took it. I asked why these faulty MP3s made it through and he said that they don't check the MP3s to make sure none of these encoding errors occur. It's basically up to us to complain if we find any issues. Which really sucks. I may start buying the FLACs instead. It doesn't fit my needs as well, but Id rather have some reassurance that my purchased boots will not have encoding errors. They may very well fix these specific MP3s, but I'm not sure when. I'm really tempted to go back and listen to my purchased 08,09,10 bootlegs straight through to see if they have any glitches. I shouldn't have to do that and it takes quite a bit of time to finish one 2 and a half hour boot, especially without skipping Even Flow. :D

For anyone who may care, I can pretty much assure with certainty that the following MP3 boots from 2011 have none of encoding errors that Santiago and Toronto 9/11 had.
    Buenos Aires
    Calgary
    Curitiba
    Lima
    Montreal
    Porto Alegre
    Rio
    Sao Paulo 2

• Options
    Thanks. I purchased all FLAC and they have the errors also.

I've found them in Montreal, Calgary, B Aires and Santiago.
  • Options
    GS4566 wrote:
    Thanks. I purchased all FLAC and they have the errors also.

I've found them in Montreal, Calgary, B Aires and Santiago.

That may be true but at least the glitches are in both the mp3 and FLAC. The Toronto 1 boot, and Santiago mp3s had encoding errors that were not on the FLAC. I'm sure the Santiago FLAC has a few popping noises but I'm sure the skip in Cropduster is not on the FLAC but it is on the mp3.

• Options
    All true. However, Cropduster on Santiago had two skips on my FLAC. I edited them out.

Funny we are the only ones caring about this.
  • Options
    GS4566 wrote:
    All true. However, Cropduster on Santiago had two skips on my FLAC. I edited them out.

Funny we are the only ones caring about this.

I would think others would care because if these mp3s are faulty, the TC isn't going to notice. :evil:
    Still, I have heard the Santiago FLAC and the skip and pops I heard on my MP3 were NOT present on the FLAC. This is strange, I'm not sure we are hearing the same thing on Cropduster. Unless my friend had his fixed, but I don't believe he did. Ill probably buy the FLAC soon and check it out again.

Ill let you know when I buy it. I may do that tonight.

• Options
    Ok, I bought the Santiago FLAC for myself and I can say with 100% certainty that the official MP3 of the show is flawed and the glitches/skips in Cropduster come from encoding errors, they have to. :fp:

• Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,409
    What's the hold up on the boxset?!?!? I got money here that is just waiting to be spent on that set...

:fp:
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    JV130312 wrote:
    What's the hold up on the boxset?!?!? I got money here that is just waiting to be spent on that set...

hehe,..i knew i m gonna see u around about this.. :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    JV130312 wrote:

It's obviously the Alpine Boots. I hope Stone was uninformed or mistaken when hje said it would be a couple years until these are released.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,806
    youngster wrote:
    JV130312 wrote:

It's obviously the Alpine Boots. I hope Stone was uninformed or mistaken when hje said it would be a couple years until these are released.

The wait is beyond annoying at this point.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    I have problems with Tornoto 2 in my itunes. It is not coded in the right order. I downloaded the MP3. When i put it in itunes, it goes from song 1 on "disk 1" to song 1 on "disk 2" then song 2 "disk 1." anyone have similar problems? is there a fix?
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    dr122931 wrote:
    I have problems with Tornoto 2 in my itunes. It is not coded in the right order. I downloaded the MP3. When i put it in itunes, it goes from song 1 on "disk 1" to song 1 on "disk 2" then song 2 "disk 1." anyone have similar problems? is there a fix?

In iTunes, right-click each .mp3 file and select "Get Info". Click on the "Info" tab, then change the file information to your choosing.

My preference is to have information filled in only the following categories:

Name (i.e. Go)
    Artist (Pearl Jam)
    Year (2011)
    Track Number (1)
    Album (2001-09-12 Toronto, Ontario)
    Genre (Live Bootleg)

The rest I leave blank or delete, especially if I have problems with the boot playing in correct order.

Let me know if this helps. Good luck!
    :corn:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,409
    JV130312 wrote:

It's like Ground Hog Day right D?!? :lol:
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    JV130312 wrote:
    JV130312 wrote:

It's like Ground Hog Day right D?!? :lol:
    :lol:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    youngster wrote:
    JV130312 wrote:

That would suck if we have to wait a few year's for those Alpine Valley bootlegs to get released till we get to see the '11 box set. :|