Options

2011 bootlegs..incredible

robthepjfanrobthepjfan Posts: 647
edited May 2012 in The Porch
cant get over how great these sound...this is the best Eddie has sounded since 98 or 00
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    +1
  • Options
    DTE on toronto night 1 is one of the best performances of that song ive ever heard.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    I love how the Saskatchewan bootleg sounds.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    I agree they are some of the best sounding boots to be released yet, but I'm still wondering if anyone else has noticed the issue I posted in a thread a few days ago.

"Some of you may have seen my post regarding the glitches in the Santiago 2011 boot on Cropduster. Well, just today I hear another glitch in Black in the Toronto 1 2011 boot. Both were officially purchased MP3s from the Ten Club. Regarding Santiago, a friend let me hear his FLAC copy and the glitches were not present. Furthermore, the Toronto 1 boot is available to listen to on Pearljamlive.com and the glitch in Black is not there as well. I have emailed Ten Club 3 days ago with no response. I called and the lady told me they had been in meetings all week. Am I truly the first to notice these ridiculous glitches/skips/popping noises on the MP3 boots from 2011 because I know the Newark 2010 Daughter MP3 glitch was pretty big deal two years ago, yet these aren't?"

Btw, although I also agree Ed's voice is really strong on the 2011 tour, I feel his voice was slightly better in 2010. 2010 was a HUGE improvement in Ed's vocals in comparison to the 08/09 tours. 2011 is superior to those tours as well. Still, 2010 boots demonstrate what a good tour it was for Ed vocally.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I agree they are some of the best sounding boots to be released yet, but I'm still wondering if anyone else has noticed the issue I posted in a thread a few days ago.

"Some of you may have seen my post regarding the glitches in the Santiago 2011 boot on Cropduster. Well, just today I hear another glitch in Black in the Toronto 1 2011 boot. Both were officially purchased MP3s from the Ten Club. Regarding Santiago, a friend let me hear his FLAC copy and the glitches were not present. Furthermore, the Toronto 1 boot is available to listen to on Pearljamlive.com and the glitch in Black is not there as well. I have emailed Ten Club 3 days ago with no response. I called and the lady told me they had been in meetings all week. Am I truly the first to notice these ridiculous glitches/skips/popping noises on the MP3 boots from 2011 because I know the Newark 2010 Daughter MP3 glitch was pretty big deal two years ago, yet these aren't?"

Btw, although I also agree Ed's voice is really strong on the 2011 tour, I feel his voice was slightly better in 2010. 2010 was a HUGE improvement in Ed's vocals in comparison to the 08/09 tours. 2011 is superior to those tours as well. Still, 2010 boots demonstrate what a good tour it was for Ed vocally.

2010 ?? i was at the new orleans show...Ed sounded awful...i dont know what was up with that show...but he sounded awful....the hartford boot is incredible tho
  • Options
    enrique_hrenrique_hr Posts: 249
    There's really no 2011 boot you can go wrong with. Most of the 2011 boots are great. :D
    Stop throwing the man quarters!

EV 07-6-2011, LA1 11/23/2013, LA2 11/24/2013
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    I want the AV boots, cant wait much longer
  • Options

2010 ?? i was at the new orleans show...Ed sounded awful...i dont know what was up with that show...but he sounded awful....the hartford boot is incredible tho

Interesting, listening to the New Orleans boot I thought Ed sounded great. Nonetheless, his voice gathered full potential in the Buffalo-Bristow-Hartford run in 2010. If you listen to Release from the Calgary or Buenos Aires 2011 boots, Ed's voice cracks in both versions. Listen to Brain of J in Hamilton, during the chorus, Ed's voice is pretty weak and doesn't quite reach the notes he usually does. That being said, most of the 2011 Canadian tour was still impressive for Ed, and South America his voice grew a bit stronger.

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    enrique_hrenrique_hr Posts: 249

Interesting, listening to the New Orleans boot I thought Ed sounded great. Nonetheless, his voice gathered full potential in the Buffalo-Bristow-Hartford run in 2010. If you listen to Release from the Calgary or Buenos Aires 2011 boots, Ed's voice cracks in both versions. Listen to Brain of J in Hamilton, during the chorus, Ed's voice is pretty weak and doesn't quite reach the notes he usually does. That being said, most of the 2011 Canadian tour was still impressive for Ed, and South America his voice grew a bit stronger.

Yea in the Rio boot his voice cracked in a couple of the first songs. But in the Porto Alegre and Curitiba he sounds awesome. Some of the Cadana boots were in fact impressive. Love Ed's screams and singing in Glorified G in Vancouver boot!
    Stop throwing the man quarters!

EV 07-6-2011, LA1 11/23/2013, LA2 11/24/2013
  • Options
    hes sounding pretty good in "BLOOD" from Lima,peru
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    Totally agree, these boots are some of the best quality they've ever been
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    hes sounding pretty good in "BLOOD" from Lima,peru

What a show in general, but yeah Ed is golden in Lima.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,837
    Brett Eliason doesn't fuck around! 8-) .. as well as Pearl Jam. ;)
  • Options
    man_uv_the_hourman_uv_the_hour Toronto Posts: 107
    are they gonna release a boxset with all of them? or waiting until alpine can be included?
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I read a lot of the "20xx bootlegs are the best sounding ever!" things but I always think 2003 was the best sounding. A lot of the guitars (less in 2011 than say '09) sound like toys, plinky and weak. 2003 was full sounding, everything had a good punch to it.

Ed's voice has never quite sounded the same after 2006... too much cracking and breath-sounds in the middle of words. I still hear it in 2011 but it seems like it's not AS bad as 2-3 years ago. Red Mosquito was never sung like that until 2009 ("Iiii-uhiiii was bitten...")... listening to Saskatoon right now. Voice cracking on All Night too, and a really bad vocal screech on Corduroy (first song of the night).
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    Indi4ence wrote:
    I want the AV boots, cant wait much longer

I agree.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    ... Listening to Saskatoon right now.

Eventually, ou're going to love it. Wait till Brian comes up on stage. :mrgreen:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    DazzlerDazzler Grimsby, UK Posts: 109
    His voice does seem stronger for the most part, and that strange breathing thing that everyone has noticed is less evident.
    It seemed stronger overall through the Canada tour, but by Costa Rica, there's that terrible attempt at Oceans where Eddie is flat.
    Haven't heard him sing flat in a long long time. Funny that the show after that wasn't even released! The whole Costa Rica show didn't do anything for me, but Beunos Aries and many of the Canadian shows were incredible.
    Looking forward to Manchester 2
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    The mixing of the 2011 boots is fantastic, it's a huge leap forward from 2008-2010. I hope Brett Eliason sticks around for good.

That said, I think Ed sounds pretty as bad as I've ever heard him. I think he often sounded better in 2009-2010 than he did last year - and his voice has gone downhill in terms of consistently dramatically since 2000-2003.
  • Options
    PredakingPredaking Posts: 267
    DTE on toronto night 1 is one of the best performances of that song ive ever heard.

I thought this same thing when I heard it. I wondered if it was due to being played so early in the set. Less time for things to get sloppy. I think the key was different than normal, too. Either way, it was good. I may have to invest in more of the CA boots.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    Canadian boot mix is perfect!
    I can't hear Mikey in the SA boots..
    Got it right then got it wrong ..
    Please turn up Mikey on future boots?
    Just like Canada!
    Thank you !
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    Canadian boot mix is perfect!
    I can't hear Mikey in the SA boots..
    Got it right then got it wrong ..
    Please turn up Mikey on future boots?
    Just like Canada!
    Thank you !
    haha...
    fuck...i put bootleg to play ,and i only care to listen God...i dont pay attention to anything else... :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    looks like ill hafta download another canada boot then..toronto night 1 is incredible....the BC show is incredible..i listened to that one on pearljamlive......and theres a really good "in my tree" on saskatchewan boot
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

That Chloe dancer/crown of thorns video is 8 minutes and 14 seconds of hair raising, chills inducing heaven. It's hard to listen to the mother love bone version after seeing that.
  • Options
    ...There's a really good "In My Tree" on Saskatchewan boot!

There you go!...
  • Options

That Chloe dancer/crown of thorns video is 8 minutes and 14 seconds of hair raising, chills inducing heaven. It's hard to listen to the mother love bone version after seeing that.
    i know....i trully fuckin know.....
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,009
    Thank you for linking to the video I edited :)

Great show Toronto1, but I grown a bit tired of it. Gonne buy another CA show, hamilton or toronto2.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Thank you for linking to the video I edited :)

Great show Toronto1, but I grown a bit tired of it. Gonne buy another CA show, hamilton or toronto2.
    ITS THE BEST VIDEO ON YOU TUBE THE LAST YEAR!!!!!
  • Options
    GS4566GS4566 Posts: 53

There are glitches in other boots. Just after GtF in Montreal, during Mother in B Aires and I found two during Cropduster in Santiago. I don't hear the glitch in Toronto 1, but I have the FLAC. The errors are all the same- encoding (?) errors, where a 1/2 skip during the track (silence).

Since it is added silence and no music is missed, you can fix these with any editing software. I used adobe audition to trim out the silence. Then used Traders Little Helper to fix the SBEs (the tracking will be off) and viola....fixed. Pain to do it though.