Options

Obsessed With This Song...

morgannspicermorgannspicer Posts: 266
edited August 2012 in Other Music
"Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye

I can't get enough of this song right now. I've had it on repeat since seven this morning. Help me.
05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ten2o3ten2o3 Wausau, WI Posts: 225
    Lol that's crazy, I just heard this song for the 1st time today, but it was covered by Walk off the Earth. Great song!!!
    9/3/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    9/4/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    10/19/14 St. Paul
    10/20/14 Milwaukee (Yield in full!!!)
  • Options
    I just heard Gotye's version last week. Boyfriend had it on the radio and it's his favorite song right now.

Listening to this version, his voice is rather Sting-ish like but so much better and the song just has a mellow feel to it. Very enjoyable to listen to at work. Not that I'm trolling the PJ message boards at work or anything...just sayin.
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    ten2o3ten2o3 Wausau, WI Posts: 225
    9/3/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    9/4/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    10/19/14 St. Paul
    10/20/14 Milwaukee (Yield in full!!!)
  • Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    Ah yes, very great song. You should check out the music video as well, it's very good!
    And Kimbra was a GREAT addition to the song.
    The rest of his album is pretty good as well!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    CBC291417CBC291417 Posts: 22
    How funny... My best friend just had me listen to this song, she is obsessed as well ;)
  • Options
    Ah yes, very great song. You should check out the music video as well, it's very good!
    And Kimbra was a GREAT addition to the song.
    The rest of his album is pretty good as well!

Just saw the video Tuesday night...very weird and mystic, but extremly cool. Really dig the painting aspect. LOVE KIMBRA in the song as well.
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I was woken up at about 3 in the morning the other night by a load of pissed up people screaming along to it at a party the next road over from me, needless to say I was not amused! Plus it's been played to death over here in the UK. That said, it's not inherently a bad song, though I do prefer his/their song I Feel Better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlM829iERmA

completely different kind of song, sounds like Motown!
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I like it too, I like them and the video ... five on the guitar

I especially like getting obsessed with a song and getting to know it intimately :D

Went through that recently with Lee Harvey Osmond / Tom Wilson
    feels really good
  • Options
    I went through that with getting reaquainted with "Insignificance" about a month ago. Literally played it non-stop for about three weeks and now it's one my all-time favorites.
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I've had this on repeat today as well! Woke up to it and then got in my car to start my commute to work and heard the Dance version of it. And since then....it's been on repeat.
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225

I can't get enough of this song right now. I've had it on repeat since seven this morning. Help me.

It's a great song. Love it and have played it to death on my iPod so I've stopped listening to it for a while, but it's a good listen.
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651

Yes, I've become obsessed as well. I loved the song from the moment I heard it on the radio (which is rare) and have been enjoying it casually for a month or two. But I finally saw the video and looked into his other stuff this weekend and... wow! He's amazing! I'm hooked!! Now if only I could figure out how to see him live...
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    It's just made it to no. 1 in the US charts. Deservedly so! The first Australian song to do so in 12 years. My daughter's giving me his album for my birthday next month. Looking forward to getting it very much.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I heard this song on the radio a while back and loved it, never figured out who it was. Yesterday I was at a friend's house and he's been telling me to check out Gotye and I never got a chance, so he played it for me and I remembered the song... LOVE IT! I'm just as obsessed with it so I've been listening to them all day, holy shit they're incredible!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    _ wrote:

Yes, I've become obsessed as well. I loved the song from the moment I heard it on the radio (which is rare) and have been enjoying it casually for a month or two. But I finally saw the video and looked into his other stuff this weekend and... wow! He's amazing! I'm hooked!! Now if only I could figure out how to see him live...

:lol: Just came across this old post when I came to say what a great live show he does! I forgot I had written that. (Maybe I should post some other desires & see if they come true too. ;) )

So anyway... I saw Gotye at Red Rocks this past Wednesday & his show was fucking amazing! (And it didn't hurt that I got front row, center seats. :P ) It was the first night of the US leg of his tour - then he's off to Europe & Australia - and I totally recommend that you all go if you can. He's such a talented musical genius & the energy was fantastic. He had a full band but was still running around playing all kinds of instruments - kind of reminded me of Liam Finn. I swear, between his solo stuff (Gotye) & his band (The Basics), this guy's my new second-favorite musician! (Also, I sent an email to thank him for the great show & he totally wrote back! What a nice guy. :) )