best 2011 boot to purchase??

robthepjfanrobthepjfan Posts: 647
edited March 2012 in The Porch
looking to download a PJ boot from one of the 2011 shows..thinking Toronto night 1...any recommendations on a good one or two boot to download?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    Can't go wrong with that one. It kicks some major ass
    looking to download a PJ boot from one of the 2011 shows..thinking Toronto night 1...any recommendations on a good one or two boot to download?
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    I picked the Edmonton show because its the closest city to me and I found it really good
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • enrique_hrenrique_hr Posts: 249
    To say the least you can't go wrong with many of the 2011 boots. Especially the SA 2011 boots!
    My favorite SA boots:
    Buenos Aires
    Porto Alegre
    Curitiba
    Rio

Canada:
    Toronto 1
    Hamilton
    Vancouver
    Stop throwing the man quarters!

EV 07-6-2011, LA1 11/23/2013, LA2 11/24/2013
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    I picked the Edmonton show because its the closest city to me and I found it really good

I wouldn't go with Edmonton due to the band's decision to remove Come Back from the boot, supposedly because they "butchered" it. We don't really know for sure why it was removed, but we are sure it was at the band's request. Anyways, I have listened to 15 of the 2011 boots almost entirely. Out of those 15, I can safely say that Lima is the best of the bunch. The setlist may not be the most exciting, but setlist alone doesn't make a show great. The performance is absolutely rock solid. It has to be the tightest, most error free show from the tour. Toronto 1, Vancouver, and Porto Alegre are also very tight performance wise, and have above average setlists (in my opinion). Winnipeg is a very solid show that took me by surprise. The setlist was my least favorite out of the Canadian tour, but the show was actually really good.

On the other hand, I found Montreal and Toronto 2 to be relatively disappointing from a bootleg standpoint (especially Montreal) because of how many mistakes are made. A few flub ups are usual, but those two shows contain true screw ups. The band almost quits playing in the middle of Sleight of Hand in Montreal and Gods' Dice in Toronto 2.

Out of the 15 2011 boots I have listened to this is my ranking from best to average, no PJ show is bad ;) Based mostly on performance and flow of the show, more so than whether the set is filled with rarities.
    Lima
    Toronto 1
    Vancouver
    Porto Alegre
    Calgary
    San Jose
    Ottawa
    Winnipeg
    Hamilton
    Curitiba
    Rio
    Buenos Aires
    Sao Paulo 2
    Toronto 2
    Montreal
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    enrique_hr wrote:
    To say the least you can't go wrong with many of the 2011 boots. Especially the SA 2011 boots!
    My favorite SA boots:
    Buenos Aires
    Porto Alegre
    Curitiba
    Rio

Canada:
    Toronto 1
    Hamilton
    Vancouver

The 2011 South America boots sound quality is a bit better than the Canadian boots. But you're right, 2011 was an underrated tour and made for some of the best bootlegs. I would disagree on your high ranking of Buenos Aires. Obviously it's purely subjective opinion, but I felt the band's performance to be relatively average. The setlist is pretty good but with an awkward flow at times, especially the first encore. Now the crowd, MY GOD, that is another story :D

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • If you like hard rocking setlists.. Hamilton.
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....

PJ
    Toronto 2003 · Boston I, 2004 · Kitchener 2005 · London 2005 · Hamilton 2005 · Toronto 2005 · Toronto I, 2006 · Toronto II, 2006 · Mansfield I, 2008 · Mansfield II, 2008 · Philadelphia III, 2009 · Philadelphia IV, 2009 · Cleveland 2010 · *Buffalo 2010* · PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY 2011 · Toronto I, 2011 · Toronto II, 2011 · Hamilton 2011 · London (ON) 2013 · Buffalo 2013 · Toronto I, 2016 · Toronto II, 2016 · Chicago I, 2018 · Chicago II, 2018

EV
    Montreal I, 2008 · Montreal II, 2008 · Albany 2009 · Philadelphia 2011 · Fort Lauderdale I, 2012 · Orlando I, 2012 · Orlando II, 2012
  • robthepjfanrobthepjfan Posts: 647
    thanks guys..think ima go with Toronto 1, Hamilton, and Lima

had just been watching some performances on youtube and wow...2011 tour alot of the performances are some of the best ive ever heard
  • Lots of solid 2011 bootlegs! One that had me smiling the entire time while listening was the Buenos Aires show. The crowd really brought this show to life and I wish I could have been there! I also enjoyed Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver since I was at those shows and the boots captured the night perfectly!...(except Come Back in Edmonton :o )
  • The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 526
    thanks guys..think ima go with Toronto 1, Hamilton, and Lima

had just been watching some performances on youtube and wow...2011 tour alot of the performances are some of the best ive ever heard
    Good choices. As TamaDrummer91 posted, the Lima boot is my favourite too - highlights for me include the Disc One - opening 5 track salvo, Not For You (go Stone!), Better Man/Save It for Later, Black (beautiful of course, as is Mike's almost restrained solo), Go (sharp version). Disc Two - Unthought Known, Blood, Porch (a killer version played at the perfect tempo), The Real Me, Alive / RITFW. The crowd too, are suitably enthusiastic but are not over the top in the mix. Great concert. :D:D:D
  • After reading all the rave reviews of Lima, I'm thinking that will be my next bootleg. Thanks everyone! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,406
    ALL!!

Which will be available when?!?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • enrique_hrenrique_hr Posts: 249
    enrique_hr wrote:
    My favorite SA boots:
    Buenos Aires
    Porto Alegre
    Curitiba
    Rio

Canada:
    Toronto 1
    Hamilton
    Vancouver

The 2011 South America boots sound quality is a bit better than the Canadian boots. But you're right, 2011 was an underrated tour and made for some of the best bootlegs. I would disagree on your high ranking of Buenos Aires. Obviously it's purely subjective opinion, but I felt the band's performance to be relatively average. The setlist is pretty good but with an awkward flow at times, especially the first encore. Now the crowd, MY GOD, that is another story :D

Yea I hear you. The performance itself in BA was not the best. But the energy and the crowd was awesome. Performance wise I think the best was Porto Alegre for the SA boots. and the crowd was also awesome
    Stop throwing the man quarters!

EV 07-6-2011, LA1 11/23/2013, LA2 11/24/2013
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    I'm gonne buy Hamilton I think.... or is there a SA2011 boot that has a better setlist than Hamilton?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Lima is great. Probably the best of the 2011 boots.....until the Alpine shows come out.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• every SA boot is amazing... download them all...
  • Time_BombTime_Bomb Posts: 147
    Buenos aires Argentina never disappoints. Crowd is amazing
    Let Me Live So When It's Time To Die Even The Reaper Cries
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    Really like the Hamilton bootleg
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    the best bootleg is the one has the best version of the best song ever....PERIOD....

thanks Lau for sharing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGUGn-eVZIU

enjoy...and THIS is the way to sing along....the best song in the history of music...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    I listen to everything it doesn't matter to me :D I just picked it bcuz it was close to home and I was sooo pissed I missed it!

I wouldn't go with Edmonton due to the band's decision to remove Come Back from the boot, supposedly because they "butchered" it. We don't really know for sure why it was removed, but we are sure it was at the band's request. Anyways, I have listened to 15 of the 2011 boots almost entirely. Out of those 15, I can safely say that Lima is the best of the bunch. The setlist may not be the most exciting, but setlist alone doesn't make a show great. The performance is absolutely rock solid. It has to be the tightest, most error free show from the tour. Toronto 1, Vancouver, and Porto Alegre are also very tight performance wise, and have above average setlists (in my opinion). Winnipeg is a very solid show that took me by surprise. The setlist was my least favorite out of the Canadian tour, but the show was actually really good.

On the other hand, I found Montreal and Toronto 2 to be relatively disappointing from a bootleg standpoint (especially Montreal) because of how many mistakes are made. A few flub ups are usual, but those two shows contain true screw ups. The band almost quits playing in the middle of Sleight of Hand in Montreal and Gods' Dice in Toronto 2.

Out of the 15 2011 boots I have listened to this is my ranking from best to average, no PJ show is bad ;) Based mostly on performance and flow of the show, more so than whether the set is filled with rarities.
    Lima
    Toronto 1
    Vancouver
    Porto Alegre
    Calgary
    San Jose
    Ottawa
    Winnipeg
    Hamilton
    Curitiba
    Rio
    Buenos Aires
    Sao Paulo 2
    Toronto 2
    Montreal
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
    I listen to everything it doesn't matter to me :D I just picked it bcuz it was close to home and I was sooo pissed I missed it!

Lima
    Toronto 1
    Vancouver
    Porto Alegre
    Calgary
    San Jose
    Ottawa
    Winnipeg
    Hamilton
    Curitiba
    Rio
    Buenos Aires
    Sao Paulo 2
    Toronto 2
    Montreal

Well, it is PJ, so it's hard to find anything better to listen to; even if the boot is incomplete ;)