Options

Why can't we have a rumor pit anymore?

Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
edited January 2012 in The Porch
I wasn't on the board for those, but that seems like a kick ass thing. Seemed a bit more open back then....
2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    http://web.archive.org/web/200104100011 ... orpit.html

Takes me back.
    The Pearl Jam rarities album is still in the works and they hope to have it out by Christmas.
    It came out five years later...
  • Options
    Too much work? Come on! It looked like fun!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• Options

I just tried clicking the bbs link and found that the forums were down the day of that backup.
  • Options

I just tried clicking the bbs link and found that the forums were down the day of that backup.
    I was talking about 10c and hoping they would think about doing it again.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• Options
    Oh yeah, absolutely I'd take it back. Usually the info was trivial, but always a fun read.
  • Options
    Yeah, the Rumor Pit was a great way to end stubborn rumors...

Q: Will Ed tour my hometown anytime soon?
    A: No.

Might go back and read some stuff on archive.org. Thanks for the link...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    thanks! i remember reading that back in the day! so many good memories of the early internet days. i'm glad the site's pj run now, though.
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    I miss the days of the rumor pit. I think I checked that and the calendar every day
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    TinAnt wrote:

that was a great site!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    I loved the Rumor Pit! I used to wait on pins and needles for those things, then scour every word hoping for something big coming up soon. I would love to see this feature return.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited January 2012
    a blast from the past...an example, for ppl who don't know what Rumor Pit was:

We welcome you to the
    PEARL JAM RUMOR PIT
    Issue #54 - May 15, 2003

Hey Jammers! This newsletter was created as a direct link to the fans. If you would like to ask a question about Pearl Jam, please direct your questions (not fan club issues) to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:OfTheSea@aol.com">OfTheSea@aol.com</a><!-- e --> or <!-- e --><a href="mailto:DigitalKat@aol.com">DigitalKat@aol.com</a><!-- e -->. We're off now...into the Pit!

PJ-O-METER...
    Pearl Jam music. Pearl Jam tour. Pearl Jam bootlegs. Pearl Jam DVD. Additional Pearl Jam shows! Here a Pearl Jam, there a Pearl Jam, everywhere a Pearl Jam. You could be experiencing overload at this point or maybe you're feverishly anticipating more of anything that begins with a P and a J or perhaps your Pearl Jam hunger is just right and anything else is jam...err...gravy. Ok, checking your PJ meter...

PJ TOUR
    Pearl Jam will shortly begin gearing up for the next leg of their world tour which resumes in Missoula, Montana on May 28. Additional shows extending the tour were recently added to the previously announced schedule ... 7/11 in Mansfield, MA, 7/12 in Hershey, PA, 7/14 in Holmdel, NJ, and for now, 7/17 and 7/18 in Mexico City, Mexico. Ass kickin' rockin' Sleater-Kinney will be opening these shows. Tickets for the added U.S. shows are already on sale. Tickets for the Mexico shows will go on sale through http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx or by phone 011-525-55-325-9000 on May 21 at 11am local time. Current Ten Club members living in Mexico should have already been contacted by the promoter about their fan club ticket offer. Don't forget to check the Tour List page on Synergy for links to venues and any other changes to the schedule.

PEARL JAM BOOTS...
    For your ears not your feet, but wouldn't that be warm? The official U.S. tour bootlegs of the recent April/May dates are still available at pearljam.com, tenclub.net and pearljambootlegs.com and will be until May 27th. Prices are a low cost of $12.98 for fan club members and $14.98 for non-members. After the 27th, it'll be time to make room for the second leg NorthAm bootlegs that will be available until shortly after the tour. One show from each leg will also be available in retail stores. So far the Feb 23rd show from Perth, Australia and the March 3rd show from Tokyo, Japan will be available commercially on CD in stores on June 10th. The two shows from the North American leg have not yet been chosen and release dates are not yet available.

PJ on DVD...
    And for your ears and eyes, the December 6, 2002 warm-up show at the Showbox club is available for only $15.00 at tenclub.net or at the upcoming shows for $20.00; part of the proceeds will be going to charity. "Live At The Showbox" includes Pearl Jam's set from beginning to end and is brought to you by the same terrific people who did Touring Band 2000, namely, crew members Liz Burns, Steve Gordon and Kevin Shuss. This DVD will also be available at the shows during the next leg of the tour that begins on May 28th. For those who asked, the DVD is not region coded, and yes, it's in NTSC format. We're sorry but there's no VHS release. The set list includes 10 songs from the new album, Riot Act and is as follows.

Set List: Small Town, Off He Goes, Thumbing My Way, Thin Air, Breakerfall, Green Disease, Corduroy, Save You, Ghost, Cropduster, I Am Mine, Love Boat Captain, Gods' Dice, 1/2 Full, Daughter/(War by Edwin Starr), You Are, Rearviewmirror;
    1st encore: Bu$hleaguer, Insignificance, Better Man, Do The Evolution, Yellow Ledbetter;
    2nd encore: Soon Forget, Don't Believe in Christmas by The Sonics

PJ MUSIC
    Yes, there's more. Pearl Jam's rarities album is still in the works and should be delivered in August...still working on the rest of the details.

RUMORS, RUMOURS, RUMORS...
    PEARL Rumor: PJ is going to play a few dates at the Gorge in George, WA later this summer.
    JAM Fact: False.

PEARL Rumor: It has been widely rumored that PJ would be touring Europe in 2003.
    JAM Fact: This is false as the plans were never finalized. Perhaps in 2004 but nothing is solid at the moment.

~Q&A~Q&A~Q&A~Q&A~
    Q: Will PJ cancel the Toronto show because of SARS?
    A: No plans to cancel.

Q: Will any dates be scheduled for the Pacific Northwest on the upcoming North American legs? Portland or Seattle for example?
    A: Just Vancouver, BC.

Q: Have Pearl Jam left their record company yet?
    A: Yes.

Q: Will the band play Bu$hleaguer again?
    A: Ya never know...

Q: Any chance of a Letterman or SNL appearance while PJ is in the Big Apple?
    A: No plans.

Q: The band was OK with trading official boots from the 2000 tour. What's their position on this for the 2003 tour boots?
    A: By trade, do you mean burning copies?

Q: Does PJ allow free trading of their official bootlegs?
    A: Free trading? Not while they're for sale, thank you.

Q: How about trading the MP3 links?
    A: No, thanks.

Q: This is my first question to the Pit. Who is the manufacturer of the black and white electric ukulele Ed is playing on this tour? Thanks in advance.
    A: Ed’s black and white Telecaster-like ukulele was built by Joel Eckhaus at Earnest Instruments. He’s a luthier in the Portland, Maine area. More information (and a picture of Ed’s uke) can be found at http://www.earnestinstruments.com.

~ TEN CLUB Q & A ~
    Q: Will there be special arrangements for Ten Club members to pick up their tickets at will-call for the Madison Square Garden shows?
    A: We're working on a plan to start the day before. Either at or near the Garden.

Q: How will 10c tickets/seating arrangements be affected by venues with season ticket holders? Normally season ticket seats are front row. Will they still be front row or will Ten Club members be front row?
    A: With the exception of a couple of venues, we have all of the good seats and always the front rows.

Q: Are there any unclaimed fan club seats ever available on the day of the show for current club members?
    A: No.

Q: Is there anyway Pearl Jam can set up something that allows the fan to buy a song from the set list instead of buying the entire show? I have bought three shows already, some for just a couple of songs. Thank you.
    A: We're working on that.

Q: Was the Jan. 24th Ten Club ticket offer the end for this tour or will we get to a point where so many new shows are added that another offering is possible?
    A: No, there will not be another ticket offer.

Q: How come Pearl Jam doesn't offer the members of the Ten Club an option of CD or vinyl for their fan club singles? I know many people love the vinyl format, but some of us, like myself, do not have access to a record player and therefore must download the songs off of the internet. Is there any way they might change this in the future?
    A: Spin the black circle...

Heard Rumors? Have Questions? Ask, We're An Ear.
    When you send your rumors and questions in to us at the Rumor Pit, please put "PJ Rumor Pit" in the Subject line of your question message and please remember that personal questions, requests for autographs and lyrics information won't be answered. Don't forget to check the past Rumor Pit issues in case your question has already been answered.

Peace and Love,
    Kat and Sea
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    i want them to bring back the board member rumorkiller
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Wow! That is some cool communication right there. I wonder why they stopped doing that. Seems like it would eliminate a lot of heartache :D
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,469
    after clicking around on that archived rumor pit I found this...

http://web.archive.org/web/200105312007 ... nclub.net/
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182014&p=4212010&hilit=kat+%26+sea#p4211971
    demetrios wrote:

I wish they bought back the rumor pit. Back then weekly fan's would ask questions & they would just post the q&a for all to read. It was fun.

I wish they brought this back ...

When you send your rumors and questions in to us at the Rumor Pit, please put "PJ Rumor Pit" in the Subject line of your question message and please remember that personal questions, requests for autographs and lyrics information won't be answered.

Love,
    Kat and Sea

Every week say on a Monday here on the message board Kat & Sea could pick 20 random questions from fan's that have been posting on the message board. Create a sticky thread to include the Q&A. Lock the thread so nobody replies. It would be just for all to view. With the AET show on hiatus, it would be great if they brought this back. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&amp;t=182014&amp;p=4212010&amp;hilit=kat+&+sea#p4211971
    demetrios wrote:

I wish they bought back the rumor pit. Back then weekly fan's would ask questions & they would just post the q&a for all to read. It was fun.

I wish they brought this back ...

When you send your rumors and questions in to us at the Rumor Pit, please put "PJ Rumor Pit" in the Subject line of your question message and please remember that personal questions, requests for autographs and lyrics information won't be answered.

Love,
    Kat and Sea

Every week say on a Monday here on the message board Kat & Sea could pick 20 random questions from fan's that have been posting on the message board. Create a sticky thread to include the Q&A. Lock the thread so nobody replies. It would be just for all to view. With the AET show on hiatus, it would be great if they brought this back. Just my 2 cents.

:clap::clap:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    pjradio wrote:

If you click the "Kat" hyperlink at the bottom of the page, it'll open your e-mail program with the "To:" address as <!-- e --><a href="mailto:digitalkat@aol.com">digitalkat@aol.com</a><!-- e -->!

Hey Kat - does that e-mail still work?! Is AOL still even around?!?! :lol:
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

If you click the "Kat" hyperlink at the bottom of the page, it'll open your e-mail program with the "To:" address as <!-- e --><a href="mailto:digitalkat@aol.com">digitalkat@aol.com</a><!-- e -->!

my free 200hrs expired years ago
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    pjradio wrote:

my free 200hrs expired years ago

:lol:

Those free AOL CD day's were insane!! Do they still offer them today? Pretty much every new PC was / is preloaded with AOL.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    pjradio wrote:

i had kat's email addy in my contacts. don't ask me why, but i did :shifty: :silent: :angel:.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

i had kat's email addy in my contacts. don't ask me why, but i did :shifty: :silent: :angel:.

I think a lot of us do from back in the day do. She and Se used to be so very in touch with the fan base on a personal level. She responded to some of my emails back in the day personally. Different world now.
  • Options
    It would be great to have the Rumor Pit again. That was the best part of the old Synergy site.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    ~Q&A~Q&A~Q&A~Q&A~
    Q: Will PJ cancel the Toronto show because of SARS?

hilarious! :lol:
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    oh man! thanks for bringing this up. i first joined the online pj community back in 2000, the rumor pit was great, usually the questions and answers were trivial and never went into much detail but i always loved seeing any sort of update to the pit. nowadays seeing news on the left side of the screen just isn't much the same. not only do we need the ol' RK back but stonegroovesme was full of awesome cryptic goodies.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    Now don't bash me, but the question I asked on the rumor pit was never answered, and it's still puzzling to me to this very day. So here it is:

In Alive, who says the line "Is that the question" -- the mother or the son? Eddie's voice goes up on this line, like it's the mother's voice, but the last line "And if so...who answers" would be something the son says, and seems to be a continuation of the previous line.

Is something wrong, she said [mother]
    Well of course there is [son]
    You're still alive, she said [mother]
    Oh, and do I deserve to be [son]
    Is that the question [?]
    And if so...if so...who answers...who answers...
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    Now don't bash me, but the question I asked on the rumor pit was never answered, and it's still puzzling to me to this very day. So here it is:

In Alive, who says the line "Is that the question" -- the mother or the son? Eddie's voice goes up on this line, like it's the mother's voice, but the last line "And if so...who answers" would be something the son says, and seems to be a continuation of the previous line.

Is something wrong, she said [mother]
    Well of course there is [son]
    You're still alive, she said [mother]
    Oh, and do I deserve to be [son]
    Is that the question [?]
    And if so...if so...who answers...who answers...

LOL i think i remember reading this question somewhere, its a good one, but one that I never would have thought of! I think the son is asking everything, from "do I deserve to be..."
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"