Steven Tyler...

2»

Comments

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    arq wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZyT-vv_nA

Check the comments in youtube... people is deaf or stupid or with a horrible bad taste :|

Sounded just like Steven Tyler to me
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Steven Tyler chatting on the podium with Tom Brady ... both commiserating on shitty performances today. :lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    jimed14 wrote:
    Steven Tyler chatting on the podium with Tom Brady ... both commiserating on shitty performances today. :lol:

But equally in admiration of the dead bathmat that's adorning Tyler's coat.

That's fashion, man!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    norm wrote:
    and this is a person that judges a singing contest

...i thought it was a popularity contest?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Ya know...

We have all heard better....

But we have all heard worse............

It really wasnt that bad...

But yeah...

It really wasnt that good either.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Not a great day for Francis Scott Key's most famous work.....Kristin Chenoweth botched a line too. :lol::lol: :P
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    jimed14 wrote:

:lol:
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    Can't agree more

Saw them this past tour in Toronto.
    Not worth it.
    Too many lame radio friendly ballad-like crappy songs

I Don't want to miss a thing ---I want to miss a new crappy Aerosmith album
    Gibson1972
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    To me that sounded just like... Steven Tyler singing the national anthem. There has certainly been a lot worse than that over the years.

As much as I loved the 70s Steven Tyler/Aerosmith - and I know they'll never be that good again - I have to admit I find the new cartoon version of him quite entertaining too :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    is a gay douche
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH8ObibNCoo

yAYH grateful dead National anthem 1993
    CANdle stick Park
  • DS1119 wrote:
    And gets paid 12 million or whatever to do it while sitting next to J-Ho. Not a bad gig. :lol:

Sad thing is, sometimes I can't tell them apart.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Holy Moley Goodness Gracious that was terrible!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    arq wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZyT-vv_nA

Check the comments in youtube... people is deaf or stupid or with a horrible bad taste :|

I like the description...."He really Cundiffed the anthem" :lol:
    Huh.......I wonder if any of you guys have actually heard Steven Tyler sing before?! That is his voice, and to be fair to him, he was mostly in tune, and his range doesn't seem to have diminished one bit, which aint bad considering he's in his 60's.

I agree that was his voice, but the rest I'm not sure about. His range is kinda gone and I'd bet if you had backing music as a reference point it would've been out of key all over the place.

To the person that said no one will top Whitney......It'd be hard to top a pre-recorded version from one of the best singing voices ever.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Aerosmith is a remarkble case of a band who suddenly became sucky.

You can pinpoint the exact moment. Get A Grip. The A side of the tape was awesome... among my favorite Aerosmith stuff... Then you flipped it over, and Aerosmith was no more.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    yeah, it wasn't the best--but not the worst-thing I've ever heard. And like others said, it IS Steven Tyler..sounded pretty much like he normally does. I guess he did pretty good for what it is.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Hi's a fucking rock singer well he used to be but still what did people expect from him to sound like , the anthem should just be played over the intercom a simple standard version no singers just be done with .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Aerosmith is a remarkble case of a band who suddenly became sucky.

You can pinpoint the exact moment. Get A Grip. The A side of the tape was awesome... among my favorite Aerosmith stuff... Then you flipped it over, and Aerosmith was no more.

This is pristine and excellent musical knowledge right here. Aerosmith prior to this really did kick ass.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2