The Train's Lounge Car

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
edited December 2013 in A Moving Train
First drink's on me. Happy Friday everyone! :D
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'll bring the nibbles... :mrgreen:

Cheers!
  • Cheers!!!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    It's gonna cost you, I like pricey beers. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Thanks Brian. You always shine a positive light on my day. Cheers to you!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    what have you got in the way of a soda pop? or juice?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Maker's on the rocks, please
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Happy Friday!thcocktail-1.gif
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    man, ever since Kat's suggestion, I really wish I could have a drink with you all on the Trains Lounge Car.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    man, ever since Kat's suggestion, I really wish I could have a drink with you all on the Trains Lounge Car.
    and Luna Rex will provide the tunes ... Yes! 8-)
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    pandora wrote:
    and Luna Rex will provide the tunes ... Yes! 8-)

:thumbup:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The snow is blowing in right now. Make mine a Hot Toddy.

:)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mickeyrat wrote:
    what have you got in the way of a soda pop? or juice?
    Martinelli's Sparkling Cider, Izze, Mondo, Steaz, Jamba Juice... anything you want.

Step up to the bar! :mrgreen:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Jason P wrote:

You got it! Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort? What's your pleasure? :D

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    brianlux wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

I prefer brandy if you have any.

:thumbup:
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    brianlux wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

ah now drink a real whiskey like jameson :P
    satansbed wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

ah now drink a real whiskey like jameson :P
    Now we're talking! :thumbup:

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited January 2012
    Nice! I like this thread. I'll have another Fireball. If you haven't tried this yet, I highly recommend it, and I am not a usual whiskey drinker. Ask the bartender for a shot, chilled!

Fireball_Whiskey.jpg

Fireball Cinnamon Whisky needs no introduction. If you haven't tried it yet, just imagine what it would be like to get a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to the face if his legs were on fire and tasted like cinnamon. Like it, love it, shoot it-- your dad's whisky never tasted so smooth. What happens next is up to you.

Rumor has it that Fireball Whisky was forged sometime in the mid-80s during the coldest winter Canada had ever seen, when a mixologist turned mad scientist accidentally created a permanent solution to frostbite. The concoction slowly and quietly made its way around North America for a few years, a sort of secret handshake between veteran bartenders. Fireball took an important turn when several bottles were smuggled to the lower 48 from Canada. Word got out and now we are just trying to make it fast enough to keep the fire burnin’.

ETA: shots on the house! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Nice! I like this thread. I'll have another Fireball. If you haven't tried this yet, I highly recommend it, and I am not a usual whiskey drinker. Ask the bartender for a shot, chilled!

Fireball Cinnamon Whisky needs no introduction. If you haven't tried it yet, just imagine what it would be like to get a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to the face if his legs were on fire and tasted like cinnamon. Like it, love it, shoot it-- your dad's whisky never tasted so smooth. What happens next is up to you.

Rumor has it that Fireball Whisky was forged sometime in the mid-80s during the coldest winter Canada had ever seen, when a mixologist turned mad scientist accidentally created a permanent solution to frostbite. The concoction slowly and quietly made its way around North America for a few years, a sort of secret handshake between veteran bartenders. Fireball took an important turn when several bottles were smuggled to the lower 48 from Canada. Word got out and now we are just trying to make it fast enough to keep the fire burnin’.

that sounds interesting, il give it a try sometime,

im more of a traditional whiskey drinker, so on the rocks, or if im sick with a slice of lemon, some honey and cloves with hot water.

im not spelling whiskey wrong either, if its spelt whiskey its refering to irish whiskey, while whisky refers to scotch or other whiskeys.

for my twenty first my dad said he might buy me a bottle of middleton rare, which is one of the best whiskeys available

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midleton_Very_Rare
    Man oh man, only tee martoonies and I already fool so feelish. :crazy:

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Bring me a beer to the engine room. I'm busy stoking the fire as usual. ;)

peppercorn-steam-46_784507c.jpg
  • big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    Is there room left on here? If so I'll slurp a couple of bottles of Duvel please. How is everyone, I'm in better spirits today (pardon the pun).
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    @B... :lol:

ooOOoo Fireball.... I don't drink whisky/whiskey either but with the frost we're having here, think I could use one! Or is it too early to drink (only 9.30am here...)?
    redrock wrote:

ooOOoo Fireball.... I don't drink whisky/whiskey either but with the frost we're having here, think I could use one! Or is it too early to drink (only 9.30am here...)?
    It's a weekend off, so get stuck in!
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
    redrock wrote:

On the train, the lounge is ALWAYS open! :lol:

this train better have a smoking section
  • Glad to be on again!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    satansbed wrote:
    this train better have a smoking section
    For the comfort of other passengers, smokeless vaporizers in the car only, please.

Smoking on the roof is permitted but I hope you have a strong lighter!

:mrgreen:

Got to put my glass down and bid you all farewell for a while, I'll be back in 24 hours (tomorrow evening) for a bottle of Chilean Merlot and chat. Cheers guys!
    where's the big screen TV for the Packers game!

Go Pack Go!!

I got my cheesehead hat on :D