Wilds wrote:
    Keep listening.

Towards the end of the album....

INSIDE JOB

+1
    "this is Eddie saying I am a rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick"
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Inside Job is the 1st,2nd and 3rd best song on Avacado.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    Inside job,Life wasted ,Army Reserve...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Amen Dimitri
  • Options
    SemperFiSemperFi Posts: 136
    Severed
    Marker
    Gone
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Wilds wrote:
    Keep listening.

INSIDE JOB

Agreed.

For me:

1. Inside Job
    2. Severed Hand
    3. Gone

Absolutely love these three a ton.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    Honestly love everything about this album, and it may be my favorite by them.
    Musically, lyrically, my opinion is that it was a huge advance from the two prior, and a great sound for the boys.

World Wide Suicide is one of my all time favorites, but there are too many great songs on here to pick.

Parachutes is beautiful, Come Back is beautiful, Life Wasted, and Severed Hand rock so hard, Inside Job is of epic proportions (especially when live), and so on.

Love this album, and glad I saw a new post on it.

Gone is also an amazing song. Every song on this album is amazing. I can't pick one that I favor over the others.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    SemperFiSemperFi Posts: 136
    Musically, lyrically, my opinion is that it was a huge advance from the two prior, and a great sound for the boys.

World Wide Suicide is one of my all time favorites, but there are too many great songs on here to pick.

Parachutes is beautiful, Come Back is beautiful, Life Wasted, and Severed Hand rock so hard, Inside Job is of epic proportions (especially when live), and so on.

Gone is also an amazing song. Every song on this album is amazing. I can't pick one that I favor over the others.
    Well said! :thumbup:
  • Options
    SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    joshmass wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    Keep listening.

INSIDE JOB

+1
    +2
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • Options
    ejb770ejb770 Posts: 88
    Inside Job, Severed Hand, Army Reserve in that order
    "Counts his money every morning, the only thing that keeps him horny"
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Gone is also my favorite from avocado. I like Marker a lot too.
  • Options
    Inside Job one of Pearl Jams best songs ever.
  • Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    well said :D

• Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Crazy...I've been thinking how great this album is lately. I have spun it all night!...and it is incredible how great it sounds to me.

I always knew it would be better as the years wore on.

Seriously fantastic!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    1. Inside Job
    2. Gone
    3. Come Back

But the entire album is fantastic!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    For me;

1. Comatose
    2. Gone
    3. Inside Job

Comatose + Gone have the musical power and lyrically they're much more complex. I <3 Inside Job long time and it has much more musical power but lacks what some of the other songs have on this album lyrically.
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    I <3 Inside Job long time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tce-THLUE

Sorry but I had to. Love that movie.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    What's that hidden track after Inside Job?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    What's that hidden track after Inside Job?

Good question. That little instrumental is gorgeous.
  • Options
    For me;

1. Comatose
    2. Gone
    3. Inside Job

Comatose + Gone have the musical power and lyrically they're much more complex. I <3 Inside Job long time and it has much more musical power but lacks what some of the other songs have on this album lyrically.

Inside Job has always been my favorite BECAUSE of the lyrics. So simple yet so brilliant. "Just for today I am free"
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    For me;

1. Comatose
    2. Gone
    3. Inside Job

Inside Job has always been my favorite BECAUSE of the lyrics. So simple yet so brilliant. "Just for today I am free"

I agree to an extent. I find beauty in some of the most simple music.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    i like all the album
    danny d
  • Options
    alivedownunderalivedownunder Melbourne, Australia Posts: 32
    I tried to come up with my favorite song off this album, or at least my top three.... but at the end of the day I keep on coming up with the same conclusion...like when I'm asked my favorite PJ song or album...and the answer is simple... YOU FUCKING CAN'T!!!! Each and every song off this album is brilliant in its own way!!! It just depends what mood you are in at the time you hear it ;)
    I've lived all this life like an ocean in disguise
  • Options
    I love all the songs on Avacado - it's my 3rd favorite PJ album. But if pressed, I'd go with the following:

1. Gone
    2. Come Back
    3. Marker in the Sand
    4. Inside Job
    5. World Wide Suicide
    6. Severed Hand
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Inside job, UNEMPLOYABLE & Army Reserve for me followed closely by Life Wasted.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....