2009 Spectrum box set

frazbafrazba Posts: 601
edited December 2011 in The Porch
Was just about to pull the trigger on this but figured I'd ask the experts first, is t worth it? if not, have you any other suggestions, I was going to wait until the Alpine boots were released but my cc needs feeding now!!
Remember that we are in the depths of a recession. :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    absolutely!!!! The Recession is temporary, those Philly shows will last forever!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • 8bitj8bitj Posts: 98
    definitely worth it. bought it a few months ago--the shows are amazing (bugs? whip it?!), the packaging is great, and (spoilers?) fuckin' pearl jam trading cards!!!
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Definitely worth it! The Philly set is the PJ encyclopedia of music :o
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    Thanks guys, loooking forward to the postman coming now. Just don't tell the wife, eh?
  • Telling the wife how much is spent on PJ is a big mistake. My lips are sealed.
    PrettyGuts wrote:
    Telling the wife how much is spent on PJ is a big mistake. My lips are sealed.

It normally works in my house as well, unles the postie changes his delivery times, then I'm in trouble!
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    most over rated show ever... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    81 wrote:

You mean you couldn't wait for Evacuation Rules?> :lol:

You won't be disapointed OP.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    81 wrote:

:lol:

Was wondering if Evacuation Rules made the first page
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    99.9% chance he will be happy. :P

it's a good set....if you get, report back and let us know if they are still putting in the trading cards
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    81 wrote:
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    great shows...i ordered mine october 24th & got the trading cards. definitely worth it.
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • I got mine in the mail a couple days ago and it included the cards. I'm gonna go through it in order...I'm only on the first show, but so far it's great. The energy of the band and crowd is incredible and the variance of the song selection is quite impressive (I've compared track lists for all four shows).
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Yes! This, and the Gorge Box set, if you don't have that already. Yes, I know recession, bla bla bla.

:mrgreen:
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Suziemay wrote:
    Yes! This, and the Gorge Box set, if you don't have that already. Yes, I know recession, bla bla bla.

:mrgreen:

This. I tend to listen to the Gorge box set more than the Philly shows.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • eladdereladder Posts: 414
    this one goes out to you, the faithful. yeah.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • if anyone wants pdf file copies of each of these setlists please pm me your email address. these'll go nice w your boxset

ill send email em out this weekend.

merry xmas everyone!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Is it just the discs in the box now? There's no picture in the goods anymore just a red icon with a star. I've seen further back in the thread that the trading cards are still there but was there anything else in the box, I can't remember and it doesn't give details of it's contents. Thanks
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006
    Max Lennon Higgs-22nd October 2010
    My two boys are the light of my life.

check my band/project out at www.soundclick.com/nineyardsleft
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Is it just the discs in the box now? There's no picture in the goods anymore just a red icon with a star. I've seen further back in the thread that the trading cards are still there but was there anything else in the box, I can't remember and it doesn't give details of it's contents. Thanks

Nothing else...the 4 shows and the trading cards...and i love it! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    I've got the Gorge set, would've gone for the whole '09 box, but financial restrictions/recession, blah, blah, blah etc caused me to downgrade my wishlist!!!

Cheers for the advice, I'll let you know what I think.
  • ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Just got the Gorge set last week. Made my work week go SO much faster. My next 2 purchases are the Philly box set and the Alpine set (when it comes out)! Love this band!

Oh - and US tour tickets (please).

Merry Christmas!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    frazba wrote:
    I've got the Gorge set, would've gone for the whole '09 box, but financial restrictions/recession, blah, blah, blah etc caused me to downgrade my wishlist!!!

Cheers for the advice, I'll let you know what I think.
    Aw, sorry, didn't mean to make light of the recession or anything, I know it's a tough time for lots of people. BUT I think the Gorge box set is FANTASTIC so you should be all set until you can get the Philly one. :mrgreen:
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    The Gorge set I probably listen to once a week and helps me get through the work week.

I recently purchased 3 boots earlier this week, but after reading all of this and wanting the Philly boots, this thread is making me want to really beat my credit card over the head. :mrgreen:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

Unfortunately, at the moment, it's my credit card that's beating me about the head. My wife and I agreed that this would be a very tight year so we could pay off our debts, I haven't told her I'm off to Manchester in June yet either :problem:
    Ahhhh fuck it, I just put in my order for the Philly box set thanks to all of the torment from this thread.....thanks a lot fuckers, now my credit card is bleeding even more from Christmas. :mrgreen:

I should've never opened this thread, because I knew it was gonna make me buy something. :lol:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

I know the feeling, my 'fuck it' gene is pretty persuasive unfortunately, just ask my bank manager
    It could've been worse though, I was one click away from ordering the entire '09 box!!!
    AND, I'd have added a Kritical Krass shirt if they'd had any left in medium, I think I'm glad they didn't.
    frazba wrote:
    It could've been worse though, I was one click away from ordering the entire '09 box!!!

:lol: I know that feeling....getting into the boots section and looking at the entire year's boot box set and staring it right in the face.....contemplating whether to make that click or not. Oh well, I'm very happy to be getting the Philly set, I've been wanting to get it for a while and this thread just threw me overboard. After all, it is Christmas and I might as well treat myself to a gift!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14