Denver Fans Unite

Stumptown RockerStumptown Rocker Posts: 35
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I am sick to my stomach reading the set lists for the Pearl Jam / Petty shows. 17 songs. No encores, no second encore, no pre-opening song.

Why are we being punished?! We paid twice as much for our tickets that the rest of the tour. We should get twice the show not half!!

I love Pearl Jam and so it upsets me that our next show since 03 has to be with petty.

What can we do to help us get the Pearl Jam show the Denver fans deserve?

Pissed in Denver.......
Paramount Theater 94 (my first show)
Red Rocks 95 (the best venue)
Fiddlers Green 98 (good 10c seats)
Albuquerque 00 (good road trip, best 10c seats)
Pepsi Center 03 (best show)
Pepsi Center 06 X 2 (still mad about TPHB)
Portland 09
Up Next :Telluride x 2 16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• There's not much you can do. Just enjoy the fact that you are going to be able to see two legendary bands in the same night. I would prefer to have PJ playing longer but you have to take what you can get. At least we don't live in the south and have no shows at all!
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    I am sick to my stomach reading the set lists for the Pearl Jam / Petty shows. 17 songs. No encores, no second encore, no pre-opening song.

Why are we being punished?! We paid twice as much for our tickets that the rest of the tour. We should get twice the show not half!!

I love Pearl Jam and so it upsets me that our next show since 03 has to be with petty.

What can we do to help us get the Pearl Jam show the Denver fans deserve?

Pissed in Denver.......

At least we're not in the south!
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    You are getting twice the show with Tom Petty.
    You are getting a full PJ setlist 15-18 songs like every other concert.
    You are not getting ENCORES. An added bonus to a full setlist.

I AGREE IT DOES SUCK THAT IT ISNT THEIR OWN CONCERT
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • Gators76 wrote:
    You are getting twice the show with Tom Petty.
    You are getting a full PJ setlist 15-18 songs like every other concert.
    You are not getting ENCORES. An added bonus to a full setlist.

I AGREE IT DOES SUCK THAT IT ISNT THEIR OWN CONCERT

Check again on the songs, they are playing 25 plus songs and the "regular" shows. not 17....

and I am not saying this to be pissy at the folks agreeing with me here but if I wanted to see Tom Petty I would buy a ticket to see his show. PJ is a whole different league of music and that is who I paid to see...

I guess the folks in the south did get jipped, maybe they will get a winter tour leg...
    Portland 09
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    The $100 tickets suck, but look at the bright side. PJ is playing 2 nights, which hasn't happened in Denver since the Red Rocks shows 10 years ago. That means 2 nights of getting fired up to seeing the boys light it up at the can. Not going to be cheap though...

Could be worse...remember when PJ skipped Denver altogether like they did for the Binaural tour?
  • In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    Maybe we can hope if they do a 3rd leg next year, they will include Denver again...at Red Rocks! Yeah right...but I can dream.
  • CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    In2Deep wrote:
    Maybe we can hope if they do a 3rd leg next year, they will include Denver again...at Red Rocks! Yeah right...but I can dream.

That'd be AWESOME, but can you imagine trying to get a ticket for a Red Rocks show? I guess we'll always have those memories of '95 though. And don't be too upset about the shorter sets this time around. It looks like they didn't repeat very many songs in St. Paul, so it adds up to one really kick a$$ concert (just a tad expensive).
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    In2Deep wrote:
    That would be brilliant! But I think we'll have to be satisfied with Social D and uncle Neil this summer at Red Rocks...
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    That would be brilliant! But I think we'll have to be satisfied with Social D and uncle Neil this summer at Red Rocks...

One can only dream of another Red Rocks run. Oh well, at least Widespread Panic brought the heat last weekend out at the rocks...
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    This will be my first Pearl Jam show and the thing is, I wasn't even going until two days ago I decided to get on ticketmaster to see about maybe some cheap seats and it pulled up tickets in the 6th row center stage! My two friends that are coming along couldn't beleive the tickets we got at such a late time. Sounds like the shows have been great and I can't wait to see the best band in the world....Pearl Jam
  • Yes, Red Rocks would be the best, I cant believe it has been 10 yrs. I drove to albequerque to see the Binaural tour.

Looks like they made it up to 19 songs last night with an encore so it is getting better, if we can get them up over the 20 mark we might be doing good. Maybe we can get them to be the Headlinder and make petty open. That would be beautiful.....

HEY ANY OF THE MODERATORS READING THIS? GET THE BAND TO PLAY US SOME TUNES IN DENVER!!!!
    Portland 09
  • You know everyone now has me worried about the 10c tix, some guy saying he got 3rd row center yesterday. Either he is just lookin to stir up some stuff or where in gods name are our tix going to be in denver? Seems like I have read some other threads about non members easily getting better seats..

Keep in mind I say these worrisome things because I am passionate about this band. My best buddy is coming into town to see his first PJ show and I promised him a good tix (especially for $100).

Also to continue to show my support, yesterday I renewed my 10c membership and bought the vinyl avacado...

dont dissapoint us in denver....
    Portland 09
    You know everyone now has me worried about the 10c tix, some guy saying he got 3rd row center yesterday. Either he is just lookin to stir up some stuff or where in gods name are our tix going to be in denver? Seems like I have read some other threads about non members easily getting better seats..

Keep in mind I say these worrisome things because I am passionate about this band. My best buddy is coming into town to see his first PJ show and I promised him a good tix (especially for $100).

Also to continue to show my support, yesterday I renewed my 10c membership and bought the vinyl avacado...

dont dissapoint us in denver....
    you won't be dissapointed...the show will fucking ROCK!!! what's your member#?
  • it is like 195,000 something. In 03 I had back right floor, 4th row. Not the best however it was the opening night for the US tour so I suspect there were many 10c's from out of town who got tix. I am hoping for better luck this time.
    Portland 09
  • I guess as I think about it and last time they did come through as I just mentioned in my last post we did get OPENING NIGHT for the Riot Act tour in the US. Everything was fresh and inspired. I will have to hold that show dear to my heart.

If I would have known it was a petty gig (and PJ was the opener) I would have just foregone denver and went to vegas.

I am hoping out of the two nights I get a "complete show"..
    Portland 09
  • Well I have to sign off for now, lets hope for the best for the folks in WI tonight, may PJ pass the 20 song mark, shoot for that 2nd encore and keep it going....

WE NEED FULL SETS IN DENVER !!!! MAKE PETTY OPEN !!!
    Portland 09
  • merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    Pearl Jam fans are unbelievable creatures aren't they. Complain if they dont tour. Complain if they play 2 nights with shorter sets. Complain if they play hits. Complain if they play rarities. Complain if they play a repeat song or two. Yada yada yada.

Next thing you know we'll be hearing, "Why are Pearl Jam so selfish making me drive from Spokane to the Gorge??? Why can't those pussies just play in my local high school gymnasium and pick me up at my house so i can save my f*@(^)@ gas money!?!?!?"
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • merlin401 wrote:
    Pearl Jam fans are unbelievable creatures aren't they. Complain if they dont tour. Complain if they play 2 nights with shorter sets. Complain if they play hits. Complain if they play rarities. Complain if they play a repeat song or two. Yada yada yada.

Next thing you know we'll be hearing, "Why are Pearl Jam so selfish making me drive from Spokane to the Gorge??? Why can't those pussies just play in my local high school gymnasium and pick me up at my house so i can save my f*@(^)@ gas money!?!?!?"

Wow that really hurt, merlin dont sugar coat it, tell me what you really think... Sorry you dont understand the passion for the group....
    Portland 09
    Wow that really hurt, merlin dont sugar coat it, tell me what you really think... Sorry you dont understand the passion for the group....
    Lol, just directing that out in general due to allllllllllll the bitchin on here lately about stupid things.

As for you: I guess take it as a lesson to check which concert you're going to before you buy tickets. This shouldn't be a surprise with a twin-bill
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • You know unfortunately I didnt know it was a twin bill till i signed on to the site the day of sales... I sent an email to info@tenclub and they indicated it would be a "dual headliner" then later I got the "PJ will be opening email" so it was too late...

All will be well....
    Portland 09
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    I'm going to have to agree with Denver Dude...The Denver fans kind of got the shaft this tour, unless you happen to be a Tom Petty fan. Personally, all songs that are not Breakdown, Refugee or American Girl during the Petty set, I'll be getting liquored up for the reappearance of the Vedder/Petty duet. They better be selling friggin alcohol or we might have a riot on our hands. Then again, I can't imagine they won't sell alcohol during the Petty set. A bunch of dirty hippies and bikers without their hooch is an ugly sight. So I'm with you Denver Dude, since I don't have a limitless income and I can't get baby sitting for my kids 2 nights in a row, I'll only be at the 1st show, which unfotunately will be abbreviated because some genius came up with this abortion of an idea that is PJ/Petty co-headlining.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • A bunch of dirty hippies and bikers without their hooch is an ugly sight.
    HaHa!! That's quote of the day I'd say. Funny stuff!

Yeah I'll be at the Sun show in Denver and I definitely am a little peeved by it being advertised as full sets and it's not. It's just not. 90 mins is not a full Pearl Jam set. It has the honesty of a used car salesman....
    But in the end it'll be fine. At least Petty is cool...it's not gthe worts thing in the world. At least I do get to see them...some people won't see them at all this tour for whatever reason so I can keep it in perspective.
    Pearl Jam treats their fans better than any other band. They really do. They try to keep prices down whenever they can, they have an amazing website with information about songs played live....the boot thing is off the charts cool so it's all good...
    Paint Me A Picture
    Paint It By the Sea
    It Doesn't Matter
    If It Looks Like Me
    If It Comes From the Heart
    and it Comes From You
    Nothing Else Will Matter
    Your Heart Is What Is True
    HaHa!! That's quote of the day I'd say. Funny stuff!

Yeah I'll be at the Sun show in Denver and I definitely am a little peeved by it being advertised as full sets and it's not. It's just not. 90 mins is not a full Pearl Jam set. It has as honest as a used car salesman....
    But in the end it'll be fine. At least Petty is cool...it's not gthe worts thing in the world. At least I do get to see them...some people won't see them at all this tour for whatever reason so I can keep it in perspective.
    Pearl Jam treats their fans better than any other band. They really do. They try to keep prices down whenever they can, they have an amazing website with information about songs played live....the boot thing is off the charts cool so it's all good...

90 minutes is a full set though. I'm not sure what people were expecting: Both artists to do a full set plus full 1st and 2nd encores with an hour break in between. It would be a 6 hour event and I'm pretty sure everyone knew that was impossible.

Sorry if people were duped (because honestly, I'd pass up on this and wait for a real PJ concert), but I think you should have seen it coming. Just me 2cents
  • Too much complaining. Enjoy the show and have fun. It will be great. I'll be at the Sunday show and will love every second of it. I just hope they do come back around for a another leg for PJ as the headliner. I'm thinking Quest center in Omaha would be nice.
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    It's not complaining....it's constructive criticism....lol. Abreviated PJ is better than no PJ, you are correct. God Damn, glass is half full people piss me off. Can't I just be a miserable bastard?
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • No time to be miserable. It's Friday and we get to see PJ in 2 days. Hell yeah!
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Too much complaining. Enjoy the show and have fun. It will be great. I'll be at the Sunday show and will love every second of it. I just hope they do come back around for a another leg for PJ as the headliner. I'm thinking Quest center in Omaha would be nice.

A show at Qwest would be awesome... only a 45 minute drive from here.
  • mfogel2002mfogel2002 Posts: 15

WE NEED FULL SETS IN DENVER !!!! MAKE PETTY OPEN !!!

Be happy you get to see two great bands in one night. I agree it does kind of suck that people were promised two full sets from both bands and neither fan base is getting what was stated.

I am new around here and I dont mean to be rude with this statement and not to take anything away from Pearl Jam but Petty is a legend. Most bands out there would be opening for him.

I am not trying to start something here but I can not believe the PJ fan base. Complaining about this and that. Over on the Petty boards people are just happy seeing the band they love.
  • mfogel2002 wrote:
    Be happy you get to see two great bands in one night. I agree it does kind of suck that people were promised two full sets from both bands and neither fan base is getting what was stated.

I am new around here and I dont mean to be rude with this statement and not to take anything away from Pearl Jam but Petty is a legend. Most bands out there would be opening for him.

I am not trying to start something here but I can not believe the PJ fan base. Complaining about this and that. Over on the Petty boards people are just happy seeing the band they love.

No shit, people should be a little more gratefull and be happy that they even have the chance too go see a show...

Also, eventhough they were shorter than usual sets, they were still awesome and in St. Paul on Mon. & Tues. there was over 16,000 people each night at the shows and even if half were TP fans it was hard to notice because everybody was standing and rocking thier ass's off for both bands!!!!

And the only bitch I have is that I have post PJ show blues once again and if I could I would drive out too Denver and hit those shows as well, so to all you in Denver that are going I don't think you will be dissapointed lighten up and enjoy the experience.....
    Rapid City 98
    mfogel2002 wrote:

Well, the Petty fans are happy because what Petty is playing IS a full concert for him. Yes, those 17 songs with 3 or 4 song encore is all the fans will get at a regular Petty concert. So, they have nothing to complain about at all.

Its only us Pearl Jam fans that are even used to 2 and a 1/2 hour shows! There's really no other bands in the world that play like 4-8 songs for their... SECOND encore lol. Unheard of.