Options

Did anyone else get tickets to MEN?

Man of the HourMan of the Hour Posts: 34
edited December 2011 in The Porch
Could be a lonely old floor if not? I wonder if they might do some requests?
Unbelievably i managed to get in and out of crapsurge by ten past five - a couple of misfires but I have email confirmation of transaction. I logged off at work and came home - just logged back in and it has all kicked off. Wow. But putting all the shows on sale at the same time - now that was dumb?

Genuinely not gloating - I feel the pain as i've missed out on 10C tickets before.
just wondering how many tickets were sold before it all went wrong?

10C need to work hard to make this up :roll:
Wembley
Dublin
Leeds
Reading
Wembley
Manchester
O2 London
Belfast
Hyde Park
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    But putting all the shows on sale at the same time - now that was dumb?

Yes indeed. Wondered about that myself before it opened.

Tried three hours to get tickets. Even had them in our cart once and - bang! - cart is suddenly empty.

Looks like you'll be there on your own, mate :roll:
  • Options
    bairdybairdy Posts: 45
    Yeh had them in my wee shopping trolley , just about to leave the shoppe and then I dunno I was mugged or something and left with nothing. WTF?

Let the Bitchfest begin................
  • Options
    I got tickets to MEN, I had them in my basket after a few minutes but it crashed and I had to get back in the queue, and then about ten past six I managed to get them back in my basket and finally managed to check out. I gave up trying to buy multiple shows at the same time, so I went back for Amsterdam tickets afterwards, got right to the confirm button after putting in my CC details and it crashed, then I was back in the queue for a while until I thought to check my crowdsurge account on their main site rather than the PJ section. I logged in straight away and I could see my Manchester tickets had confirmed payment, but Amsterdam were still in my basket awaiting payment, fortunately the payment went through straight away.

That was not fun!

All the best of luck to everyone else who hasn't got their tickets yet.
  • Options
    I got tickets to MEN, I had them in my basket after a few minutes but it crashed and I had to get back in the queue, and then about ten past six I managed to get them back in my basket and finally managed to check out. I gave up trying to buy multiple shows at the same time, so I went back for Amsterdam tickets afterwards, got right to the confirm button after putting in my CC details and it crashed, then I was back in the queue for a while until I thought to check my crowdsurge account on their main site rather than the PJ section. I logged in straight away and I could see my Manchester tickets had confirmed payment, but Amsterdam were still in my basket awaiting payment, fortunately the payment went through straight away.

That was not fun!

All the best of luck to everyone else who hasn't got their tickets yet.
  • Options
    I think the best way to smooth things over would be for PJ to play a 2nd night at the MEN - 10C only floor like Wembley 2007 - and some sort of discounted ticket price for the mass inconvenience. :mrgreen:

We can dream...
    Wembley
    Dublin
    Leeds
    Reading
    Wembley
    Manchester
    O2 London
    Belfast
    Hyde Park
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,251
    Nope, and been like an angry bull all day. Had the tickets in the basket on 4 different occasions and each time, it told me there was nothing in the basket to check out. Will try again when the issue is sorted but certainly wont be renewing my 10C membership after this. Still hoping to get there though, no irish dates so its the next best place i guess!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    sonnasonna Posts: 377
    I almost got tickets for Manchester.

Then Crowd Surge happened.
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    got some
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,281
    Did I get MEN tickets? Fuck no!

Were they in my shopping cart ? Yes!

I got up at 3.45am to try to get tickets. I had Amsterdam tickets in my cart 3 TIMES and got timed out each time. I've been awake for 6 hours and it's only 9.30am. This is going to be a hell of a long day in work...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    Yeah, I got through in about 10 mins. Feel for those without tickets, as I've been there with glastonbury tickets etc. But I'm sure everyone will get there eventually, even if its general sale like i'll be doing for Amsterdam.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 527
    Got Manc & Berlin tix after usual crash & refresh...
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • Options
    PennyBPennyB Posts: 26
    I feel so lucky! I got a pair of seats (I'm too short to see a thing if standing). Took me 1.5 hours. I kept getting the "busy" message, but then finally managed to get tickets in the basket and opened a new tab to login in separately into Crowd Surge and check out within the 15 minute time limit. Phew!

Best of luck to everyone else who hasn't got their tickets yet.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Totally pissed off had them in the cart a few times but no go. Even had a very lovely 10c member trying for me too.

I think the expression is it was a klusterfuck.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Totally pissed off had them in the cart a few times but no go. Even had a very lovely 10c member trying for me too.

I think the expression is it was a klusterfuck.
  • Options
    sorry to hear about this whole debacle

i got so lucky

had my manchester confirmation email at 17:02, couldnt believe it just got straight through
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    Got me seating. But it crashed when in cart and when I tried to purchase again it said I was only allowed 2. I checked my account and previous order was 'awaiting payment'.

Paid and all OK. But a very stressful '5 minutes'

Haha! :D
    1992 - 3/2 Southend Esplanade, 4/2 London Borderline, 21/2 Manchester International II, 25/2 Nottingham Rock City, 26/2 Birmingham Edwards No.8, 27/2 Bradford Queens Hall, 28/2 London ULU, 6/6 London Finsbury Park
    2000 - 4/6 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2006 - 20/4 London Astoria, 25/8 Leeds Festival
    2009 - 17/8 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2010 - 25/6 Hard Rock Calling
    2012 - 20/6 Manchester Arena, 21/6 Manchester Arena, EV 28/7 Manchester Apollo
    2014 - 8/7 Leeds Arena, 11/7 Milton Keynes
    2018 - 18/6 London O2 Arena, 19/6 London O2 Arena, 14/7 NOS Alive
    2022 - 8/7 Hyde Park, 9/7 Hyde Park
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060

i got so lucky

had my manchester confirmation email at 17:02, couldnt believe it just got straight through

it's so weird... i had tickets in the basket, clicked on checkout or whatever, it said 'processing' and then popped up with something about 'you took too long so we removed the items from your basket' and this was at about 17:01!!!! :x

after that the closest i got was to click on 'buy tickets' only to be told that i had too many tickets in my basket, i know i didn't, because it said i had 1 pair there. i tried clicking on 'minus'. that worked because it then said my basket was empty!! that only happened about 15 times...

it's just so dispiriting and yet... totally expected. :!:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jrd wrote:

i got so lucky

it's so weird... i had tickets in the basket, clicked on checkout or whatever, it said 'processing' and then popped up with something about 'you took too long so we removed the items from your basket' and this was at about 17:01!!!! :x

after that the closest i got was to click on 'buy tickets' only to be told that i had too many tickets in my basket, i know i didn't, because it said i had 1 pair there. i tried clicking on 'minus'. that worked because it then said my basket was empty!! that only happened about 15 times...

it's just so dispiriting and yet... totally expected. :!:

it was the digital equivalent of wanking off a stuffed monkey
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    nickhenickhe Scotland Posts: 18
    Got them at 5.10pm after hitting F5 a fe times. Thought everything was fine until came home tonight and catching up on the debacle

Hang in there everyone
    Glasgow 2000
    Dublin 2006
    London 2007
    Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester 1 2012
    Manchester 2 2012
    London 1 2018
    London 2 2018
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    whats the cost?
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    Got my tickets after an hour and a half. I was sat about 5 minutes away from the venue in my uni library. Ridiculous. I remember a scene in Frasier where he queues overnight to get tickets to the Boss. I think that would have been more enjoyable than hitting refresh for ninety minutes. Nothing comes easy with this band.
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    nickhe wrote:
    Got them at 5.10pm after hitting F5 a fe times. Thought everything was fine until came home tonight and catching up on the debacle

Hang in there everyone

same here. site crashed on me once, but I immediately went out after I had my tickets so I didn't realize what had happened until I got here again.
    I really, really hope they will find an appropriate solution for this. that's just no way of handling things. best of luck to everyone!
  • Options
    I was at work when tickets went on sale, but my husband somehow managed to get us two for MEN. As happy as I am about this, I do feel for the fans who were unable to get tickets. I do know how you feel, as I was online for 8 hours trying to get Alpine tickets, and never came up with any. However, hopefully, everything will get sorted, and everyone who wants tickets will end up with them.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    GoodbyeForNowGoodbyeForNow Vancouver Posts: 120
    I got tickets after almost 2 hours of trying! Ridiculous!

The site crashed a number of times and when I did finally get out of that goddamn queue, I was told that I already had tickets sitting in my account (despite my cart showing nothing!). Quickly went to pay through paypal worried that i was running out of time. Processed all fine but no confirmation UNTIL 4 hours later!

Sadly, PJ presales are a massive source of stress :( :shock:
    Vancouver, GM Place 2005
    Vancouver, GM Place 2009
    Seattle, EV Solo, Benaroya Hall 2011
    Winnipeg, MTS Center, 2011
    Manchester, June 2012
    Phoenix, EV Solo, Comerica Theatre 2012
  • Options
    Sounds like I was really lucky then.

I had tickets for the MEN and Berlin bought and paid for within 10 minutes. I then left work thinking well that was pretty painless and assumed everyone else was finding it as easy as I did. Looks like I was very very wrong!

Good luck for everyone that lost out yesterday, you'll get to the shows I'm sure!
    Leeds 06
    Wembley 07
    Shepherds Bush
    Manchester
  • Options
    got some

if we need 'em? :D

Trying O2 this afternoon as we need 3 :fingerscrossed:
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Got mine relatively easily and quickly - just a little 'blip' but the tickets were in my account waiting for payment. I've purchased pre-sale tix for the Foos via Crowd Surge before and I thought this PJ presale went smoothly like the Foo presale. Well, until I tried to get more for a friend... then I realised the 'debacle'!

Oh well... we'll get another go at it! :lol:
  • Options
    kazmokazmo Posts: 99
    Kathi wrote:
    nickhe wrote:

Hang in there everyone

same here. site crashed on me once, but I immediately went out after I had my tickets so I didn't realize what had happened until I got here again.
    I really, really hope they will find an appropriate solution for this. that's just no way of handling things. best of luck to everyone!

Same here. Got my confirmtion email at 5.10. Never realised there was a problem 'til checking this morning. Good luck to everyone who wasn't so fortunate.
  • Options
    Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    3 hour infront of the pc, had them in my cart twice,took the day of work and still no tickets :cry:
  • Options
    I got tickets to Manchester and Amsterdam, in 2 different purchases, with an hour and a half of constant refreshing