Drive All Night

releasemedcreleasemedc Posts: 48
edited December 2011 in The Porch
So, I turn on my car tonight, and the XM radio comes on, and holy shnikees...it's the live version of "Drive All Night" from Ed's Philly show. The one with Glen Hansard and Jake Clemons. The most awesome thing ever. I assume I'm listening to Pearl Jam Radio, but then I look at the display, and it's on E Street Radio. So, E Street is playing it but PJ Radio isn't? Now, the version is terrible, with a ton of people near the recording device who can't stand to spare us the sound of their voices for more then 10 seconds...who seemed in a rush for the song to be over...who clap off-beat...but it was so nice to hear it again, nonetheless.

Anyway, my point is that if someone has a decent recording of that song from that night, please point me to it. Thanks!
Vegas 12/1/93 & 7/11/98 -- SLC 11/2/95 -- San Diego 10/25/00 & 6/5/03 -- DC 5/30/06 & 6/22/08 -- SF 8/28/09 -- Philly 10/31/09, 10/21/13 & 10/22/13 -- Bristow 5/13/10 -- MSG 5/20/10 -- ATL 9/22/12 -- Baltimore 10/27/13 -- LA 11/24/13 -- Leeds 7/8/14 -- Denver 10/22/14

EVx5
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    That's the most magical moment of the whole EV tour with Glen. And it's Jake that makes it happen.
    Wonderful and charged performance.
  • LamentLament Posts: 294
    I'm not one to care about seeking bootlegs or anything like that, but when I read about that performance even I thought to myself "oh the things I would do to hear that just once..."
  • the one boot I couldn't find and now I want it so bad
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • That was the highlight of the night. I saw the organ and when Jake Clemons came out, I told my friend if they play Jungleland I could die after it was over and be ok with it, but Drive All Night was a great surprise and I have heard the recording a few times since and it seems to get better and better.

Side note- When Ed said we have a special guest here who worked at the Spectrum and showed up tonight, we looked at each other and said Charlie Defabrio. I then said, wow are we losers that we knew that immediately. All in all, it was a great night.
    "Fuck this Fuckin' Chocolate Factory!"

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    That was the highlight of the night. I saw the organ and when Jake Clemons came out, I told my friend if they play Jungleland I could die after it was over and be ok with it, but Drive All Night was a great surprise and I have heard the recording a few times since and it seems to get better and better.

Side note- When Ed said we have a special guest here who worked at the Spectrum and showed up tonight, we looked at each other and said Charlie Defabrio. I then said, wow are we losers that we knew that immediately. All in all, it was a great night.

Well said, honestly I had never heard that song before ( :oops: ) and I've listened to it since and didn't really care for it, but I could feel something in that place that night when they played that song that just brought me to tears. It was very powerful.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Spun the 45 again, awesome 
  • Why Pearl Jam should play Ullveri Arena in Gothenburg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8qpTL1wxGQ
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Spun the 45 again, awesome 

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
    I miss igotid88
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
    Recorded version
    I miss igotid88
  • no codeno code Posts: 109
    And then it happened again last sunday in Amsterdam. A true highlight of the evening!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...