Options

Faithfull Ale - Cleveland Oh

pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 586
edited February 2012 in The Porch
I am from Columbus, the beer is not within 100 miles (so I'm being told by local stores). The Paul's Beverage in Elyria has 11 bottles available for $12.70. I was expecting a 4 pack, not a single bottle, nor $12!! I guess I should have read more about this.

Is this a standard cost for this, or did I get ripped off. I'm chilling it now in hopes it'll be cold for the OSU kickoff. If I like it, I'll get more.

Go Bucks!
Kevin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,772
    pbultimate wrote:
    I am from Columbus, the beer is not within 100 miles (so I'm being told by local stores). The Paul's Beverage in Elyria has 11 bottles available for $12.70. I was expecting a 4 pack, not a single bottle, nor $12!! I guess I should have read more about this.

Is this a standard cost for this, or did I get ripped off. I'm chilling it now in hopes it'll be cold for the OSU kickoff. If I like it, I'll get more.

Go Bucks!
    Kevin

The price at Dogfish Head in Rehoboth was $12.50 so you're fine. And that really isn't a terrible price for a limited edition beer from a microbrew in a 750ml bottle.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited November 2011
    pbultimate wrote:

Go Bucks!
    Kevin
    I'm from Columbus too and...
    That's a good price!!!
    I've been able to pick up quite a few bottles of
    "FAITHFULL ALE"...
    10 altogether for gifts and personal consumption!!!!

The prices have ranged between $11.99 (in Newark, DE & at Gentile's here in Columbus)
    to $15.00 per bottle (also in Newark, DE)

Also got a few bottles of "BITCHES BREW" same size bottle (and MUCH BETTER BEER!!) and these were between $8.99 & $12.99 per bottle!!
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    where in Columbus did you find it? Im Westerville...
  • Options
    pbultimate wrote:
    I picked up 2 bottles at Gentile's in Grandview,
    1 bottle at The Grandview Carryout, (corner of 3rd & Grandview Aves.)
    and 2 bottles (1 Faithfull Ale & 1 Bitches Brew) at The Beverage Source out in Newark, OH (They MAY be getting another case of Faithfull Ale on Tuesday)
    I also picked up 6 bottles in Newark, Delaware last week on my way to NYC for a video shoot!! :ugeek:

IMAG0245.jpg
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    pbultimate wrote:

I found it at Anderson's on Sawmill & Blacklick wine & spirits. Also found out my sister-in-law thought no one was gonna get it and found it online & I'm getting 1 for Christmas, haha!

LOVE seeing all the Columbus Pearl Jam fans!! Now LETS GO BUCKS!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    The beer is ok. I was able to get 2 at the Grandview Carryout because I am a regular there. It's like drinking a European lager, dry, with a grape kick at the finish. I'm saving the other bottle for when PJ comes through the midwest again, and hopefully I'll be able to share it with other fans (my girlfriend thought it was the worst Dogfish beer she's ever had, and has sworn off it).
    Please drink something better for the OSU game. Try something from Great Lakes, Columbus Brewing, Thirsty Dog, or Founders. That beer is probably best when spinning some PJ vinyl, not a football game.
  • Options
    The beer is ok. I was able to get 2 at the Grandview Carryout because I am a regular there. It's like drinking a European lager, dry, with a grape kick at the finish. I'm saving the other bottle for when PJ comes through the midwest again, and hopefully I'll be able to share it with other fans (my girlfriend thought it was the worst Dogfish beer she's ever had, and has sworn off it).
    Please drink something better for the OSU game. Try something from Great Lakes, Columbus Brewing, Thirsty Dog, or Founders. That beer is probably best when spinning some PJ vinyl, not a football game.
    Love the Bitches Brew from DFH...
    "Faithfull Ale" is just average for me, but it's definitely drinkable!!
    Also working on my 2nd "sixer" of Great Lakes "Christmas Ale"
    & even had a draft of it last night at Skully's during the Wet Darlings show!!!
    It's a really good beer!!!
    I'm gonna take your advice and pick up some Founders too!!!
    Haven't had any of their beers in a while (but I've LOVED them when I've tried their beers!!!) and time to pick up some for the holiday!!! :ugeek:

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    I've been waiting 3 weeks on 2 different stores in Columbus that told me they were getting it in...BASTARDS!
  • Options
    CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    Palmer's Beverage Center on Indianola Ave (a hop skip and a jump from Studio 35 where PJ20 was shown) has a box in the back. They said they aren't putting them out because they want to keep them for the Pearl Jam fans who are looking for them. He only brought me one up to the counter but after asking he allowed me to get two. I don't know how many they have left but they are open until 11 o'clock tonight.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Wink wrote:
    Palmer's Beverage Center on Indianola Ave (a hop skip and a jump from Studio 35 where PJ20 was shown) has a box in the back. They said they aren't putting them out because they want to keep them for the Pearl Jam fans who are looking for them. He only brought me one up to the counter but after asking he allowed me to get two. I don't know how many they have left but they are open until 11 o'clock tonight.

Those bastards. I called them weeks ago and asked them about ordering it. They said they'd call me when it arrived. :evil:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Wink wrote:

Those bastards. I called them weeks ago and asked them about ordering it. They said they'd call me when it arrived. :evil:

The store I bought it from in Cincinnati didn't bother to call me like they said they were going to either. I still managed to get 2 bottles from them though.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    A box arrived at Weinland's in Clintonville yesterday, per their tweet. $11.99. Not sure how many are left as I had to have a friend pick me up 2 this morning.

Kevin