Sabbath returns!

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited December 2011 in Other Music
Man I hope I can see this! Can't wait for the album
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... n-20111111
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    No matter how often they say they will do this, or hwo many times they actually do, I will always be excited. As a 13 year old kid, I discovered Black Sabbath and I can directly blame them for everything that followed in regards to my interest in music, rock n' roll, drugs (okay, not a whole lot of drugs, just smoking pot :lol: ), etc.

Paranoid is still a staple in my music collection. In fact, I listened to my vinyl copy the other day and was again (adding to the countless amount of times) blown away. It's a definite record for rock music, just like records put out by Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Dylan, etc.

A new album would be fantastic and really excites me, but what gets me pumped is the prospect of a tour. Doubtful they'd come to SLC, but I would no question travel for this show. It almost feels like something I have to scratch of my list of "things to do/see in life."

An appropriate day to announce this too what with the "Day of Metal" and stuff.

I know they're geezer's (and then there is Geezer) but I would hope that they would play a somewhat long set at their shows... hopefully touching all of their 8 albums together. Especially the first 5.

Holy shit. Time to listen to Black Sabbath for the rest of the day and into the weekend.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I will always get excited about this. And I will finally get to see them live (I hope).
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    This is really awesome news!! Called my dad up immediately when I saw this on the internet, he introduced me to Sabbath when I was little. Back in the day my dad skipped school to go see Sabbath at the Fillmore in NYC on their first American tour! He said Ozzy looked like a little baby :lol: Would be more than sweet if we could see a Sabbath show together in 2012! Looking forward to hearing some new music from them too!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    dcfaithful wrote:
    No matter how often they say they will do this, or hwo many times they actually do, I will always be excited. As a 13 year old kid, I discovered Black Sabbath and I can directly blame them for everything that followed in regards to my interest in music, rock n' roll, drugs (okay, not a whole lot of drugs, just smoking pot :lol: ), etc.

Paranoid is still a staple in my music collection. In fact, I listened to my vinyl copy the other day and was again (adding to the countless amount of times) blown away. It's a definite record for rock music, just like records put out by Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Dylan, etc.

A new album would be fantastic and really excites me, but what gets me pumped is the prospect of a tour. Doubtful they'd come to SLC, but I would no question travel for this show. It almost feels like something I have to scratch of my list of "things to do/see in life."

I know they're geezer's (and then there is Geezer) but I would hope that they would play a somewhat long set at their shows... hopefully touching all of their 8 albums together. Especially the first 5.

Holy shit. Time to listen to Black Sabbath for the rest of the day and into the weekend.

you said basically all the stuff I would have :D

Black Sabbath
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    Sabatoge
    Vol4
    Master Of Reality

all classics, this is the perfect time of year for Sabbath
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Yeah this will be something to keep an ear out for i just hope Ozzie will just sing and not just say hell yeah over and over again :lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    even more so, they announced their return on national metal day. now that's fucking metal.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    yeah my son mentioned this ... a couple generations are lookin forward to this 8-)

awesome! :clap:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    dcfaithful wrote:

and they could mix it up nicely by doing some acoustic numbers whilst sitting down, geezer w/ a upright bass. things like this.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    we saw Judas Priest Saturday night - this is their final tour, and Rob Halford gave a bit of history between songs, talked about the early days, mentioned that back in the beginning of Metal there was only Priest and Sabbath. And then Sunday we went for a walk in a local park by the river that went by an old house that reminded my oldest son about Black Sabbath's first album being the best album cover ever - I just had a big grin
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    they're playing vienna in june...tickets are a bit on the expensive side, but I think I'll be going regardless! might take my dad with me for this one, they are one of his favs :)
  • Generals gathered in their masses..... :D:D:D:D:D
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    Just got tickets for a show in June in Sweden :) this is going to be great........
    ....or a trainwreck depending on how ozzy is doing :? but I'm hoping for the best
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    if my exam tomorrow goes well, I'll buy myself a ticket to the vienna show. must motivate myself. ;)
  • frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    Again

Let's go fuckin crazy \m/
  • Standing tickets for Rotterdam. Holy crap. This is gonna be...I dunno...so good, there are no words!
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
    1st July..ill see them in Athens..and next day i fly to Berlin for Pearl jam Tour :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Europe... but any State dates? I really need to see Sabbath before I (or they) pass on.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • It is supposed to be a proper global tour. You'll get your dates dude.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
    It is supposed to be a proper global tour. You'll get your dates dude.
    yes..and Greece is in. :D