Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Anyone ever try this?
    c87a_baconnaise.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Anyone ever try this?
    c87a_baconnaise.jpg

yes, I had a jar in my fridge.

Not so yummy on a sammy (I don't like mayo anyway)
    delish in potato salad or in deviled eggs.

It's not really 'bacon' flavor...it's more of a 'smoky' flavor...I don't think you can really get a true bacon flavor.

I found these in Canada:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdGa0Jl5obZOxJtiZGrqzwVTJCCNWuwzh86CR3CnHm0geZWd1d

just a slight hint of bacon...but more of a smoked flavor....like smoked Cheddar and sour cream Ruffles.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Right....I know what you mean about the smoky flavour. I've had those chips before (I'm in Canada)....
    I wonder why the greasy goodness of bacon is so hard to simulate?
    I figured since mayo is like 98% fat anyway, some smart person with a lot of leftover bacon grease had started throwing it in with some mayo and re-selling it. Sad to hear it's not very bacon-y. :(
  • Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    Right....I know what you mean about the smoky flavour. I've had those chips before (I'm in Canada)....
    I figured since mayo is like 98% fat anyway, some smart person with a lot of leftover bacon grease had started throwing it in with some mayo and re-selling it. Sad to hear it's not very bacon-y. :(

Why simulate when you can have the real deal? ;) This should be bacon-y enough for ya.

2efkcjb.jpg

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/11/04/t-m ... bacon-pig/
    How I choose to feel is how I am
    Suzi78 wrote:

Why simulate when you can have the real deal? ;) This should be bacon-y enough for ya.

2efkcjb.jpg

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/11/04/t-m ... bacon-pig/
    wow.....there is something cannabalistic about that...like...silence of the lambs-style-creepy. The pig puts the lotion on it's skin, or it gets the hose again!
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Just wanted to let it be known that this thread made me go out at 11:30 at night just to go buy some frickin bacon. It was awesome. fuckers! 8-) :thumbup: :wave: :lol:
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    My girlfriend promised to make me some scrambled eggs with bacon tonight - I'm in for a treat! :mrgreen:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    DS1119 wrote:
    Just wanted to let it be known that this thread made me go out at 11:30 at night just to go buy some frickin bacon. It was awesome. fuckers! 8-) :thumbup: :wave: :lol:

Well done :clap::clap::clap:
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    DS1119 wrote:

:clap::clap::clap:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • nsepstrunsepstru Posts: 187
    DS1119 wrote:
    Good for you man! Happy I could help out, I'm still working off that whole package of Bacon from the other night, but I'd probably do it again if I had more bacon at home...
    I'm not human...I'm Danish!
  • Nothing burps better than bacon
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i could go for some bacon right now