Options

ALPINE - DVD coming??? (link to new weekend recap video)

Comments

• Options
    nsepstrunsepstru Posts: 187
    abhijeet wrote:
    All 5+ hrs on Blu-ray would be ideal.. fingers crossed.
    And DVD, not all of us have HD/Blu-Ray compatible technology... :oops:
    I'm not human...I'm Danish!
  • Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 191
    Better Dan wrote:
    The performance audio isn't from Alpine Valley is it? The audio from Do The Evolution definitely sounds like its from another performance. Ed's voice sounds more like 98 or 00 to me.

I think the Do the Evolution in the video is from the monkeywrench 98 version

It is. I just listened to both. Weird that they swapped it out.

Yeah, that is totally Jack playing (not Matt)
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    That looks pretty sweet.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    No one should be surprised... the Alpine weekend is the last chance they have to make money off of "PJ20"... if they can, they will! There will be a box set, CDs and DVDs, they at least gotta put the highlights on the DVD... hopefully it won't be "limited!"

BTW who is the guy from the STrokes that says he wants to see Do the Evolution because he's never seen that one before... UH, have you ever seen Pearl Jam since I don't know, 1998?! Cause, and I don't have my official stat tracker in front of me, but I'm pretty sure they play Evolution like 95% of the time (not counting Bridge School and Benaroya type shows!)... :lol:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    No one should be surprised... the Alpine weekend is the last chance they have to make money off of "PJ20"... if they can, they will! There will be a box set, CDs and DVDs, they at least gotta put the highlights on the DVD... hopefully it won't be "limited!"

BTW who is the guy from the STrokes that says he wants to see Do the Evolution because he's never seen that one before... UH, have you ever seen Pearl Jam since I don't know, 1998?! Cause, and I don't have my official stat tracker in front of me, but I'm pretty sure they play Evolution like 95% of the time (not counting Bridge School and Benaroya type shows!)... :lol:

Even in a tribute video The Strokes come off as douchebags. :lol:
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Heisenberg wrote:

Even in a tribute video The Strokes come off as douchebags. :lol:

I didn't know if we were allowed to use the d-word here these days... but yeah... I mean, it wouldn't have sounded bad to say "because that song is amazing" or "it fucking rocks and blows the place up" but because you haven't heard it before? Come on. Don't act like a superfan and then say that. Why not say "I've never heard Alive" or "I only heard half of Even Flow but had to piss." :lol:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    -Buru- wrote:
    That looks pretty sweet.

+1!!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    nsepstru wrote:
    Did this bring a tear to anybody else? I fuckin loved these shows and the memory is what is keeping me going right now.
    For sure man, definitely got a little misty eyed...such and incredible weekend. I want to do it again.

I think many of us feel the same way!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    nsepstru wrote:
    Did this bring a tear to anybody else? I fuckin loved these shows and the memory is what is keeping me going right now.
    For sure man, definitely got a little misty eyed...such and incredible weekend. I want to do it again.

One of the best weekends ever!
  • Options
    n8dawg79n8dawg79 Virginia Posts: 129
    This DVD/Blu-Ray would be necessary for a few of the guys near me on Sunday. When this comes out they will be able to live that weekend for the first time. Especially the guy who passed out on my feet. Or maybe the guys 10 feet in front of me who were the geniuses behind the failed candle balloon. They probably didn't catch too much of the second night's show.

But most importantly I want this FOR ME!
    Salt Lake City, Utah - Sept 28, 2009
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 3. 2011
    East Troy, Wisconsin - Sept 4, 2011
    Charlottesville, Virginia - Oct 29, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia - Apr 18, 2016
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    or Blu-ray :D

Everything video wise will be released on blu-ray from here on out.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I got goosebumps and a few tears watching this...
    What a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!
    PLEASE let there be a DVD/Blu-ray of this event & DON'T make it a "Limited Release"
    EVERYONE NEEDS TO HAVE THIS IN THEIR COLLECTION!!!
    One last thing however, there are a TON of different fans interviewed on this thing, how come none of these have stepped forward telling us about being interviewed at PJ 20. I mean there are so many different interviews!
    I completely forgot about this until you mentioned it but I ran into the video crew out in the parking lot early on Day 1 of PJ20 and was interviewed...
    At the time I walked by they were asking us to give a ONE-WORD answer to various questions!!! :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    I saw the couple who were just engaged...I was wondering why they were kissing for the camera right outside the museum.
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    Major goosebumps. Wow. So. Fucking. Cool.

same here
    when i hear the beginning of release
    i just go nuts
    and to hear it opening PJ20 - mind-blowing
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Fuck yeah damm they should do a weekend like that every fucking yr and just switch up locations , and i would of hated missing this weekend and then see this DVD it would of crushed me i ain't missing any future weekends like this one ..... 8-)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i saw me a couple times in the crowd. just smiling ear to ear. :D
  • Options
    megatron wrote:
    i saw me a couple times in the crowd. just smiling ear to ear. :D

you and 35k others...when we weren't jumping, singing, crying , hugging, high fiving.....
  • Options
    Fuck yeah damm they should do a weekend like that every fucking yr and just switch up locations , and i would of hated missing this weekend and then see this DVD it would of crushed me i ain't missing any future weekends like this one ..... 8-)

We're from the 'south' so it's been quite some time since we've had a full fledged PJ show. Even so If I KNEW FOR A FACT that every year they would do a 2-night destination weekend...it would be enough for me. Even better would be if it was the same date every year (planning purposes, I'm no longer a teen...children, morgtage), not the same place though. Your idea of a different location is great, It would be amazing to tour the world for the destination weekends. It would make our little community even stronger, Alpine was a great example of what could be...
  • Options
    VERY WEIRD!

I reposted this link and made some comments. Next thing I know it disappeared. My title said PJ20 ALPINE MOVIE - I am hoping that means that 10C did not want this post up and removed it. Maybe because they are about to announce the release.

After watching this, I recognized some of the interviews. There was one guy interviewed that I shot the bull with while waiting in line for merch.

I hope they have tons of easter eggs in this DVD/BR. I want to see the shows that PJ rocked out with the other bands. Especially Juicebox with the Strokes. Eddie killed that song!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    VERY WEIRD!

I reposted this link and made some comments. Next thing I know it disappeared. My title said PJ20 ALPINE MOVIE - I am hoping that means that 10C did not want this post up and removed it. Maybe because they are about to announce the release.

your thread was merged with this one because there was already a thread on the topic. they are cracking down on multiple threads on the same topic.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    A friend recorded the 2 shows with a nice HD video camera but it would be awesome to have them officially proshot!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    what this wise man said...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    Credit card READY......F5 finger READY :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527

We're from the 'south' so it's been quite some time since we've had a full fledged PJ show. Even so If I KNEW FOR A FACT that every year they would do a 2-night destination weekend...it would be enough for me. Even better would be if it was the same date every year (planning purposes, I'm no longer a teen...children, morgtage), not the same place though. Your idea of a different location is great, It would be amazing to tour the world for the destination weekends. It would make our little community even stronger, Alpine was a great example of what could be...

I LOVE this idea. I second, or shall I say triple that notion.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    78FLH wrote:

It's gonna be just like trying to get tickets for the weekend...8 hours of clicking...
    It was worth it. :mrgreen:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    A friend recorded the 2 shows with a nice HD video camera but it would be awesome to have them officially proshot!!
    :o

any good ;)
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    holy bananas! just got ducky bubbles and my eyes started leaking. Please say it is so. That we will get this. What a great way to re-live the moment.
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
    VERY WEIRD!

I reposted this link and made some comments. Next thing I know it disappeared. My title said PJ20 ALPINE MOVIE - ...

Your thread was merged into another topic on the same subject. Please click on "View your posts" at the top of the page to find your posts. Thank you.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Pretty Please......

Man, if only it were true. This video made me go back to that weekend all over again. I'm ready to do it again right now, so awesome.

It sure won't hurt to hope, right?
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    iamica wrote:
    78FLH wrote:

It's gonna be just like trying to get tickets for the weekend...8 hours of clicking...
    It was worth it. :mrgreen:

I would do it ALL over again in a heart beat. F5 and all.