Hang in there, Dimitris' Grandma!!

RaniRani Posts: 434
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Just sending my thoughts and prayers your way, Dimi.

Although she has lived a full life, I hope she can hang on until your 27 hour shift is over....

Sending lots & lots of love your way, baby.

:cry:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    edited October 2011
    I am sending lots of healing love, light and hugs to your Grandma, you and your whole family. xo
    Post edited by ShimmyMommy on
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Oh Dimitris sorry to hear this,

my heart goes out to you and prayers for your Grandmother
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :(
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    ouch.
    hope you and your grandma are ok dimi.....much love!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    bear-hug.jpg
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RaniRani Posts: 434
    If I remember correctly, Dimi's grandma is 98...I hope I'm right.

My father's mom, my only living grandparent, is 92. They are so fragile at this age.

Here's to hoping she can hang on for you until Saturday morning/afternoon, Dimi.

Stay strong, especially for your mom, as I'm sure she could use some strength right now.
  • Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    98! Must be a strong lady, Dimitris. With you as her grandson, she knows the world will be in good hands.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • I hope all goes well DIMI I'm thinking of you :)
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Sending prayers to your grandma....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Oh Dimi! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    Good luck Dimi much love from Alberta!!!
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • Wishing you and your family well D.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Good thoughts going out for you and your grandma, Dimitri.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    thanks anyone for love and support..she is 99,she dont have alot of time as it seems..
    she had a full life,actually it hearts alot cos im not there,cos i need to stay at work all day ,i ll finnish tomorrow in the morning..so i hope i be with the rest of the family at home in time..
    as a kid of devorced parents lets say i spent alot of time with this grandma,was the only one Alive of grand parents when my parents took divorce..
    Great lady and learn me thats love is the way to do stuff..always with the head up
    so she is a very important person for me..

i really hope all of you have the chance in life to get loved so much as my grandma loves me and my sister..

shit..maybe in a few hours or tomorrow,will not be with us,but i need to write in present tense when i talk about her...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    So sorry D........thoughts and prayers to your grammy and to you
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    sending you big hugs Dimi!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    thanks anyone for love and support..she is 99,she dont have alot of time as it seems..
    she had a full life,actually it hearts alot cos im not there,cos i need to stay at work all day ,i ll finnish tomorrow in the morning..so i hope i be with the rest of the family at home in time..
    as a kid of devorced parents lets say i spent alot of time with this grandma,was the only one Alive of grand parents when my parents took divorce..
    Great lady and learn me thats love is the way to do stuff..always with the head up

i really hope all of you have the chance in life to get loved so much as my grandma loves me and my sister..

shit..maybe in a few hours or tomorrow,will not be with us,but i need to write in present tense when i talk about her...

she sounds like a great woman...hang in there my friend
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Sending hugs and love to you and your granny Dimi.Sorry to hear your news :cry:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RaniRani Posts: 434

:cry:

I am very touched by what you said here, Dimi...

If your grandmother is anything like you (which I'm sure she is, apple never falls far...), then she must be a fantastic lady...

(((DIMI)))
  • All the best dude, it's hard losing someone you love no matter how old they are. I lost my grandad earlier this year - there really isn't ever a good time for loved ones to go :cry:
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Sending love to your Yia-Yia.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Sending Thoughts and prayers your way
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Sending much love, strenght and positive thoughts your way, Dimitris!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    My Grandmother made it to 99 and a half, thought sure she'd make 100 but fell just short. Its never easy to say goodbye, but I'm sure she knows how much she meant to you, and she lived a long good life. You'll have lots of great memories after the pain of losing her fades. My thoughts are with you and her, take care.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    hang in there, my friend
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Stay strong man, all the best.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Thinking about you D and sending you big (((hugs)))
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"