PJ20 Blu ray - Restock in the future?

bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 692
edited October 2011 in The Porch
I know it states limited edition, but...has anyone called them or emailed to see if they'll restock it in the future?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    From the Blu-Ray Item Description in Goods:

The Pearl Jam Twenty Deluxe Limited Edition Bluray is SOLD OUT.

If you see a "buy" button, clear your cookies/cache and it will disappear.
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 692
    Right...I get that, but has anyone called/emailed to ask if they'll have more in the future? I didn't see that someone had confirmed this in all the threads.
  • Haven't heard anything myself. Just the same "out of stock" message. Since we haven't heard for sure that they're completely gone, hopefully that means there's a slight chance of a restock. That's the only glimmer of hope we have!
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,486
    Yup - was first "OUT OF STOCK" and now its "SOLD OUT"...

I tried campaigning to get 10c to re-stock more but I was shut down by members who whined saying - 'oh you knew it was ltd edition! - your fault, blah blah blah

I couldn't be bothered to argue so just sucked it up and got the DVD....

I wrote 10c a proper email PLEADING to restock - literally just got an email back saying:

Yes its sold out. :evil:
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Guess I don't get one then...

Sucks that we have to pre-pay so far in advance for things, that's why I was waiting until it's closer. Hmm... makes me think they just don't care anymore really.
    '95 - 7/8, 7/9
    '98 - 8/17, 8/18, 8/23
    '99 - 10/30, 10/31
    '00 - 8/18, 8/20, 8/21, 10/05, 10/07, 10/08, 10/09, 10/21, 10/22, 11/05, 11/06
    '01 - 10/20, 10/21, 10/22
    '02 - 9/23
    '03 - 04/25, 4/26, 6/18, 6/21, 6/22, 6/25, 6/26, 6/28
    '04 - 10/03
    '05 - 9/11, 9/12
    '06 - 5/19, 5/22
    '09 - 8/21, 8/23, 8/24
    '10 - 5/17, 5/18
    '11 - 9/11, 9/12
    '13 - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22
    '14 - 10/16
    '16 - 8/20
    '18 - 8/20
    '22 - 9/6, 9/8
    '23 - 9/5, 9/7
    '24 - (hopefully) 8/29, 8/31
  • Im not trying to be a dick at all, but it DID say limited edition when it was posted a few weeks back . . .
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Im not trying to be a dick at all, but it DID say limited edition when it was posted a few weeks back . . .
    EVERYTHING says limited edition these days... that Vs re-release boxed set was too and its STILL there. They have so many they are selling them on eBay themselves now! :lol:
  • drsluggo wrote:
    Im not trying to be a dick at all, but it DID say limited edition when it was posted a few weeks back . . .
    EVERYTHING says limited edition these days... that Vs re-release boxed set was too and its STILL there. They have so many they are selling them on eBay themselves now! :lol:

All that means is they over-estimated the demand for that, and maybe BECAUSE of that they therefore under estimated the demand for the Blu Ray. It still doesnt mean that there should be unlimited copies of something that says limited
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    drsluggo wrote:

All that means is they over-estimated the demand for that, and maybe BECAUSE of that they therefore under estimated the demand for the Blu Ray. It still doesnt mean that there should be unlimited copies of something that says limited

I don't think anyone is asking for unlimited items...but you have to admit that they underestimated the demand for this quite a bit. A lot of people on the boards were shut out...think of the at least hundreds or even thousands of other fans that won't have the opportunity to own this.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Of course, you have to admit everyone had the same chance as everyone else to buy it. Just because you watched it "for sale" for weeks, or didn't notice it for weeks doesn't mean they don't care or anything derogatory at all. It's not like it sold out in hours...everyone had a chance. Everyone else that bought it will have bought it under the exact same time constraints and terms that you had available to you. I understand waiting for the date to be closer, but maybe next time...don't wait. But saying that the band doesn't care anymore....really? If they didn't care they wouldn't have made a special edition available in the first place.
  • hostishostis Posts: 441
    single bluray is now on amazon for pre order... :)
  • soulweb wrote:
    Of course, you have to admit everyone had the same chance as everyone else to buy it. Just because you watched it "for sale" for weeks, or didn't notice it for weeks doesn't mean they don't care or anything derogatory at all. It's not like it sold out in hours...everyone had a chance. Everyone else that bought it will have bought it under the exact same time constraints and terms that you had available to you. I understand waiting for the date to be closer, but maybe next time...don't wait. But saying that the band doesn't care anymore....really? If they didn't care they wouldn't have made a special edition available in the first place.

I get your point but it's not just a case where only a dozen or so fans missed out. We're talking about hundreds on the board alone plus many more who don't even post here. So it's not just a case where we were too slow to order it. There just simply wasn't enough produced to cover the demand.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    soulweb wrote:
    Of course, you have to admit everyone had the same chance as everyone else to buy it. Just because you watched it "for sale" for weeks, or didn't notice it for weeks doesn't mean they don't care or anything derogatory at all. It's not like it sold out in hours...everyone had a chance. Everyone else that bought it will have bought it under the exact same time constraints and terms that you had available to you. I understand waiting for the date to be closer, but maybe next time...don't wait. But saying that the band doesn't care anymore....really? If they didn't care they wouldn't have made a special edition available in the first place.

I get your point but it's not just a case where only a dozen or so fans missed out. We're talking about hundreds on the board alone plus many more who don't even post here. So it's not just a case where we were too slow to order it. There just simply wasn't enough produced to cover the demand.

I agree.

There have been so many people here who have posted missing out....and everyone needs to remember that the population of people who post on here is only a very miniscule segment of the entire fanbase. 10C should make this right somehow. (I got the disks but really think other fans should have a chance to view them...especially a disk called "The Fans are all right"
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Was it limited to how many people could buy? I can't remember. Just curious.