iOS 5

capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So who has or is going to update their devices today?

I've had it on my phone for a week or so, and I love the new features. I'm working on putting it on my iPad right now, but it's taking forever.
* Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
* Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
* Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
* East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
* Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293

I've had it on my phone for a week or so, and I love the new features. I'm working on putting it on my iPad right now, but it's taking forever.

Make sure you read the terms. You might be part of a HUMANCENTiPAD. :lol:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

You'll be fine as long as you're on the front end of it! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:

You'll be fine as long as you're on the front end of it! :lol:

HAHA HAHA the new season is hysterical :lol:
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    is this the flash version....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    To the OP...after you downloaded it was all your info still in the phone? I mean not only contacts but texts and most importantly pictures? And to 81, we don't need no stinking flash.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    81 wrote:

Skyfire fixes that bs. btw, did you order your new iPhone 4S yet? I just sold an evo 3d for it because the evo stinks :D
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    81 wrote:

who gives a shit about flash anymore. what is this windows 95 era with crappy online games like snood?

got it on my iPad now. not bothering with my iPhone since i preordered the new one :D
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

Skyfire fixes that bs. btw, did you order your new iPhone 4S yet? I just sold an evo 3d for it because the evo stinks :D

:lol:

nope...i'm not upgrading until my contract is up, and even then i might not. tempting to go back to the old set up, but i do like mobile internet and finding a wifi connection all the time would be a pita.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

who gives a shit about flash anymore. what is this windows 95 era with crappy online games like snood?

got it on my iPad now. not bothering with my iPhone since i preordered the new one :D

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

nope...i'm not upgrading until my contract is up, and even then i might not. tempting to go back to the old set up, but i do like mobile internet and finding a wifi connection all the time would be a pita.

i hear ya there with the free hotspot. That is what you are talking about, right?

Upgrading a phone is a vicious cycle. You can never be satisfied bc a bigger and badder phone seems to come out right after I upgrade with Sprint...
    crazypjfan wrote:
    i hear ya there with the free hotspot. That is what you are talking about, right?

Upgrading a phone is a vicious cycle. You can never be satisfied bc a bigger and badder phone seems to come out right after I upgrade with Sprint...

no...basically using the evo without having service thru sprint. phone would still work, you would just need to find a wifi hot spot to get on the internet.

i've not found the desire to upgrade yet. EVO is still a solid phone. obviously it's been passed up by the likes of the evo 3d and bionic...but it's still a bad ass phone.

but most importantly, in my world, it just doesn't make much sense to upgrade from a $'s standpoint. much better things to blow money on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions. Thank you.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    I'm going to give it another week or two. Every time I upgrade to the new iOS I regret not waiting for the bugs to be worked out. Glad to hear that it's working out for you.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    downloading right now. what are the major changes anyone?
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • DS1119 wrote:
    To the OP...after you downloaded it was all your info still in the phone? I mean not only contacts but texts and most importantly pictures? And to 81, we don't need no stinking flash.

Yeah. It will do a backup before it installs the new iOS. Once it installs it will then restore from that backup and everything is just how you left it.
    81 wrote:
    much better things to blow money on.

Um yeah, like pj backpacks, vinyls, and beer mugs. :D

Seriously, I want to upgrade to iOS 5 but I heard a lot of people were getting errors..
  • Sounds like the errors are not so bad now. There servers got hit really hard. Just hit F5 if it happens to you :lol:
    EZ1221C wrote:
    downloading right now. what are the major changes anyone?

There really is a ton of new features. There is a new notification system and a notification drag down bar (yes, Android rip off), iMessage which allows you to send messages to other iOS users without it using your text plan. You can even use it on the iPad now too which is really cool I think (yes, BBM rip off). You can edit photos from within the Photos app now, like cropping and red eye and simple stuff like that. And iCloud which is cool. You can now back up everything to iCloud instead of your PC, no wires needed. You can also WiFi sync to your iTunes now, and actually use the phone while it's syncing.

Damn, I sound like a salesman haha.
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah. It will do a backup before it installs the new iOS. Once it installs it will then restore from that backup and everything is just how you left it.

Cool. Thanks! Trying to update Itunes right now to 10.5 and it's already taken more than an hour. WTF>> :x
  • Time_BombTime_Bomb Posts: 147
    been trying to update my iphone and ipad but can't get past verifying with Itunes after it extracts the update.
    Let Me Live So When It's Time To Die Even The Reaper Cries
    DS1119 wrote:
    Trying to update Itunes right now to 10.5 and it's already taken more than an hour. WTF>> :x

Ouch. I guess I won't ask you to try for tenclub tix for me. :)
    Sea wrote:
    Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions. Thank you.

Sorry sea. Too bad it happens all the time.
  • A lot of people are saying they are getting those errors, but I updated 2 iPhones and an iPad and didn't really have any problems other than the downloads took a little while.

Sounds like you can just download the update file manually and you won't get an error.
    http://gdgt.com/discuss/anyone-experien ... -id-133585
    crazypjfan wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Trying to update Itunes right now to 10.5 and it's already taken more than an hour. WTF>> :x

Ouch. I guess I won't ask you to try for tenclub tix for me. :)

:lol::lol:

It took me until sometime after 1:00 in the morning to get my PJ20 tickets. That was worth it. Updating my phone is not.
    I really like the Apple end product I just don't understand why they are so hard headed about some things. Two quick examples that come to mind...OTA updates and and a LED on the phone. Really?? Can't put a light on this fucker?
  • Apple might have the market share on mobile phones but they take FOREVER to catch up to what they can do. First iPhone had no cut and paste and lacked several other features that Blackberry had

Now it's been sometime and their just getting around to notification bars?

Sure it's a nifty product but upgrading from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4S is just stupid imo

I'll wait for iPhone 5 next year
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    much better things to blow money on.

Um yeah, like pj backpacks, vinyls, and beer mugs. :D

Seriously, I want to upgrade to iOS 5 but I heard a lot of people were getting errors..

i agree on letting others fix the bugs.... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Too late for me. Downloading it now. If something goes haywire I'll just activate my blackberry.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

but most importantly, in my world, it just doesn't make much sense to upgrade from a $'s standpoint. much better things to blow money on.

you're the guy who doesn't want to pay 5 bucks a month for the redzone right?

chinese-happy.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Too late for me. Downloading it now. If something goes haywire I'll just activate my blackberry.

Holy shit, man. You started downloading iTunes hours ago. What the hell is going on? :lol:
    edited October 2011
    81 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

you're the guy who doesn't want to pay 5 bucks a month for the redzone right?

:shh: :think: :thumbup:

beer is my vice.

some people collect vinyl...some posters...some like redzone...

i like trying new beers
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg