Options

release unplugged

JS13043JS13043 Posts: 9
edited October 2011 in The Porch
Does anyone know if PJ has ever played the song 'release' unplugged? I have searched this board, searched the internet, and I'm coming up empty.

thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    That's a good question... I would say no... But... I'm usually wrong about these kind of things. :(
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Best bet would be to search all Bridge School setlists and see if they've ever played it. That's all I can think of.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Best bet would be to search all Bridge School setlists and see if they've ever played it. That's all I can think of.

I have (to the best of my knowledge) all of the Bridge School recordings, and there's no Release. It's wasn't played at MTV Unplugged, Benaroya Hall, or at the Mansfield '03 acoustic pre-set, are there any other acoustic sets that I'm blanking on?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

I have (to the best of my knowledge) all of the Bridge School recordings, and there's no Release. It's wasn't played at MTV Unplugged, Benaroya Hall, or at the Mansfield '03 acoustic pre-set, are there any other acoustic sets that I'm blanking on?

Those are the only ones I can think of.

I'd love to hear a demo of the first time they played Release in the studio...I wonder if that exists?
  • Options
    nm219369nm219369 Posts: 204
    Not played at the gorge 05 acoustic set either
  • Options
    I thought you wanted them to release "unplugged"
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

What about that 92 European acoustic set that was featured in the movie?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    Didn't see it on the unplugged and undrugged set either. Nice version of SOLAT though.
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Better Dan wrote:

What about that 92 European acoustic set that was featured in the movie?

Unknown setlist for that show.

There were the record store appearances in 91 and 92, but no Release.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206

Those are the only ones I can think of.

I'd love to hear a demo of the first time they played Release in the studio...I wonder if that exists?

I have a demo of Release from the Hallucinogenic recipe box set, not sure if it's the first ever though, this is it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maluglojsJI
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

I have a demo of Release from the Hallucinogenic recipe box set, not sure if it's the first ever though[/quote]

Hallucinogenic recipe box set? What's that? Is that an official release?
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    RiotZact wrote:

I have a demo of Release from the Hallucinogenic recipe box set, not sure if it's the first ever though

Hallucinogenic recipe box set? What's that? Is that an official release?[/quote]

No it wasn't official but it's cool, pearl jam demos, love bone demos, green rive/stone demos, and ed demos from before PJ, I edited my other post with a youtube link to the version I'm talking about ^^^^
  • Options
    Time_BombTime_Bomb Posts: 147
    wasn't Eddie playing it acoustic by the campfire in PJ20 movie? that's probably the only time i've heard it acoustic. Could be wrong, maybe he was playing something else.
    Let Me Live So When It's Time To Die Even The Reaper Cries
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    RiotZact wrote:

I have a demo of Release from the Hallucinogenic recipe box set, not sure if it's the first ever though

Hallucinogenic recipe box set? What's that? Is that an official release?[/quote]

voc1ls.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options

thought the same thing
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    pjradio wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

voc1ls.jpg[/quote]

i doubt this is still available to buy, but i'd love a copy anyway, as if i'd find one in scotland, especially the part where i live.

I do have a double cd with love bone, malfunckshun, and temple demos and that is really good
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

No it wasn't official but it's cool, pearl jam demos, love bone demos, green rive/stone demos, and ed demos from before PJ, I edited my other post with a youtube link to the version I'm talking about ^^^^[/quote]

Wow, thanks for that! It doesn't stray too far from the album track, but great to hear nonetheless. Unbelievable that the words just came out to the music. True art.

And yeah, I want that box set too!
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    I have a demo of Release from the Hallucinogenic recipe box set, not sure if it's the first ever though, this is it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maluglojsJI

Thanks for the link, I hadn't heard that before. Such a powerful song, lyrically, musically, and the vocals are just devastating. An acoustic version would indeed be amazing....
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,435
    I just found my Hallucinogenic box set last night while i was cleaning out my basement! Maybe I can trade it for a PJ20 toaster!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    pjradio wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

voc1ls.jpg[/quote]

I have coveted this for a long time.. never could find it at a decent price.
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

thought the same thing

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my posting. In fact, you probably read it the way the search engines did, because that was all I got back in my results, "release" the "unplugged" songs.

Thanks for all the responses though!
  • Options
    jrkooshjrkoosh Posts: 18

wasn't this show acoustic for the first half?
    http://www.pearljam.com/show/santa-barb ... ul-13-2006

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Set 1

Oceans
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Low Light
    Waiting on a Friend
    Hard To Imagine
    Daughter
    Last Kiss
    Come Back
    Black
    Crazy Mary
  • Options
    jrkoosh wrote:

wasn't this show acoustic for the first half?
    http://www.pearljam.com/show/santa-barb ... ul-13-2006

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Set 1

Oceans
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Low Light
    Waiting on a Friend
    Hard To Imagine
    Daughter
    Last Kiss
    Come Back
    Black
    Crazy Mary

Release?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    Check some of the setlists of the Tower Records in store performances fro the Ten release tour :)....not sure but they were acoustic sets
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    EvieVedderEvieVedder NW Indiana Posts: 461
    If they did, I would die and go to PJ heaven. Mi favorito.
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...