Dexter Season 8

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Starts tonight - I won't get to see it until tomorrow when some kind soul uploads it to the net. So who's excited?! I can't wait :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    here here :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DVR-ing and watching tonight. Just finished season 5. So excited
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Looks like it's just another hunting down the serial killer season..they had a chance last season to uncover Dexter but didnt hmm...when will it end.

You know the 1st episode leaked like a week ago btw?
  • Brisk. wrote:
    Looks like it's just another hunting down the serial killer season..they had a chance last season to uncover Dexter but didnt hmm...when will it end.

yeah i have a couple of friends who saw it but i wanted to wait
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Crap, that's tonight?
    I thought it was next week!!

:shock:
    Gotta set DVR!
  • youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Been looking forward to this for quite awhile. Colin Hanks and Mos Def as guest stars should be interesting. This show never disappoints so I have high hopes for this season.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Brisk. wrote:

No :o

must find it now.....
  • Great first episode, loved it :D
    watching it now :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    I'll just have to wait until it hits the screens in the uk,
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • I'll just have to wait until it hits the screens in the uk,

Wow you have quite the wait, not showing on FX til the new year! I just downloaded it....
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    I'll just have to wait until it hits the screens in the uk,

Wow you have quite the wait, not showing on FX til the new year! I just downloaded it....

Yeah i know, season 5 only finished here not that long ago. but i can wait.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Stronger willpower than me :lol:
    oh..the season starts good....great 1st episode!!!!! :D
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    is this a show you can start watching now? or do you have to start at season 1?
    sheila0225 wrote:
    u should start watch from season 1 cos it rocks!!!!!!! :D
    Great start to the season.
    At first I thought the idea of incorporating "religion" into this season was going to be bad, but I can see how it could work beautifully. Afterall, the scariest psycho is the religious psycho.
    I loved the conversation Dex had with Angel about god! :lol:
    Dex getting a BJ from the old prom queen...way to f'n go Dexter!! :thumbup: At first I thought he was going to try to get out of it "Shut up Dexter" = :lol:

What was up with the gunman shooting up the restaurant? Was that just some random nut trying to kill people?

Anyways, I'm very excited for this season!
    sheila0225 wrote:

Yeah, you really should start from the beginning. Not only is it awesome, but each season builds off the others as far as story and character development.
    mca47 wrote:
    Dex getting a BJ from the old prom queen...way to f'n go Dexter!! :thumbup: At first I thought he was going to try to get out of it "Shut up Dexter" = :lol:
    !
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Loved the MC Hammer dancing too :lol:
    Loved the MC Hammer dancing too :lol:

Yeah, that was great!!! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    Loved the MC Hammer dancing too :lol:

Yeah, that was great!!! :D
  • Yea the shooting scene was pretty random. Maybe that was the shooter from the season finale of Weeds, he is just on a rampage. Joking of course.

Good start though, will see how it continues from here. The god discussion was great for sure. Sort of seems like a play on one of the later books, but i know it's not.

On a separate note, Homeland looks pretty good after the first episode.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Yea the shooting scene was pretty random. Maybe that was the shooter from the season finale of Weeds, he is just on a rampage. Joking of course.

Good start though, will see how it continues from here. The god discussion was great for sure. Sort of seems like a play on one of the later books, but i know it's not.

The shooting scene was pretty interesting. Looks like Deb is a hero.

Haven't checked out Homeland yet. It's waiting for me on the DVR.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Yea the shooting scene was pretty random. Maybe that was the shooter from the season finale of Weeds, he is just on a rampage. Joking of course.

The shooting scene was pretty interesting. Looks like Deb is a hero.

Haven't checked out Homeland yet. It's waiting for me on the DVR.

Spoiler on Homeland: There is a wild sex segment like 5 minutes into the first episode, bare man ass and all. Beware.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    prom queen was smokin' hot. good for dexter.

decent start.

didn't like the opening killing where he called 911 to kill the 2 emt guys. wouldn't the police and more than just 2 emt's show up for a "stabbing" call? :roll:

but i liked the episode.

glad to hear homeland is good. need to catch up on the first episode this weekend.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    prom queen was smokin' hot. good for dexter.

decent start.

didn't like the opening killing where he called 911 to kill the 2 emt guys. wouldn't the police and more than just 2 emt's show up for a "stabbing" call? :roll:

but i liked the episode.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure there would be some investigation into the disappearance of those EMTs. Not only would they have Dexter's voice on file (all 911 calls are recorded), but what cellphone did he use to call that in?

And yeah, the police would most likely be on the scene before or at the same time as the EMTs...it being a violent 911 call and all...

Oh well.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Dexter is back!!! And it was a great start to the season. Is Edward James Olmos just awesome in everything he does or what? Not much screen time for the season's new serial killers, but we got an intro and what we did see was pretty creepy. Looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Hammer time.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    cant wait for tomorrow to download it!!! :D