Options

Bridge school 2011

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kathi wrote:
    how difficult do you think getting tickets to this will be? I'll be myself, so I was hoping I might be able to get a decent seat...don't mind ending up on the lawn either, as long as I manage to be there!
    You should have no problem getting a lawn seat, and if you are looking for a single ticket you could probably get a pretty good seat in the Loge section
  • Options
    Just learned I got two box seats for Sunday!
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    Can't wait for this concert! It will be my one year anniversary of discovering PJ too! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    This is giving me an idea... I'll trade my backpack for you paying my way and concert ticket to one night of Bridge School next month. :) Who's up for it?!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Awsome lineup!!!!!!!!!1
    6.07.2010 Venice
    4.07.2012 Berlin
    5.07. 2012 Berlin
    7.07.2012 Stockholm

Some words when spoken can't be taken back
  • Options
    Still looking for a spare ticket or two for reserved seating for Sunday only. Can anyone help me out?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    So where's everyone staying? Flying in from Canada and i would like to know a good place to book, I've been looking around and Mountain View seems like a ghost town. San Jose is about a 20 minute Cab ride, should i stay there or should i stay in the ghost town a little closer???

Any help is appreciated!
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    So where's everyone staying? Flying in from Canada and i would like to know a good place to book, I've been looking around and Mountain View seems like a ghost town. San Jose is about a 20 minute Cab ride, should i stay there or should i stay in the ghost town a little closer???

Any help is appreciated!

i pricelined a hotel in santa clara ... ended up being the hilton there ... $70 plus taxes and fees ...

it says it's about 8 miles to the venue ... we have a rental car so we might either tried preferred parking or potentially cab it ...

if any locals would offer a recommendation that would be great!

also ... although i've been to the bay area about 3 times ... i'm not sure where the best place to stay if we have one full day there? ... gf wants to check out golden gate park ... outside of that - i'd like to go on a bit of a foodie tour ... local dives ... and love to be able to walk or rent bikes ideally ... if anyone has suggestions - i'm all ears (eyes)
  • Options
    Time_BombTime_Bomb Posts: 147
    can't wait for the show. I always work weekends so I asked for the entire week off. I'm driving up from los angeles with my brother. Gonna be an amazing weekend with great music. So many great artists. Hope to see u all there.
    Let Me Live So When It's Time To Die Even The Reaper Cries
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    polaris_x wrote:
    i pricelined a hotel in santa clara ... ended up being the hilton there ... $70 plus taxes and fees ...

it says it's about 8 miles to the venue ... we have a rental car so we might either tried preferred parking or potentially cab it ...

also ... although i've been to the bay area about 3 times ... i'm not sure where the best place to stay if we have one full day there? ... gf wants to check out golden gate park ... outside of that - i'd like to go on a bit of a foodie tour ... local dives ... and love to be able to walk or rent bikes ideally ... if anyone has suggestions - i'm all ears (eyes)

Cabbing it to the venue wouldn't be an issue ... cabbing it out? Good luck finding a cab. Probably best to just drive, and just be ready to hang out for a while after the show before getting through the clusterfuck of everyone leaving at the same time.

As for SF recommendations ... several threads in AET about this recently ... (with more threads linked within)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=162802&p=3756786&hilit=san+francisco+fillmore#p3756786

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=155577&p=3616774&hilit=san+francisco+alcatraz#p3616774
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829

Any help is appreciated!

We are staying at this hotel and walking to and from both days. It is only about 2 miles from the venue and will be much quicker than getting out of the parking lot by car.
    Plus, no need to worry about how much drinking is done :)
    The hotel is very affordable.

http://www.countyinn.com/att-leisure.html
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cabbing it to the venue wouldn't be an issue ... cabbing it out? Good luck finding a cab. Probably best to just drive, and just be ready to hang out for a while after the show before getting through the clusterfuck of everyone leaving at the same time.

As for SF recommendations ... several threads in AET about this recently ... (with more threads linked within)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=162802&p=3756786&hilit=san+francisco+fillmore#p3756786

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=155577&p=3616774&hilit=san+francisco+alcatraz#p3616774

someone recommended getting the preferred parking ... is that something you can decide the day of when we get there?

thanks also for the threads ... i saw them before ... i've been to most of those places ... wouldn't mind doing the non-touristy thing ... although my gf hasn't been so i think we will do golden gate park ... will skip muir woods as we would be coming in from the north and yosemite ...

what about food joints? ... i think i recall that the guy with the glasses on food network runs some kind of pork place in the market? ... where there are tons of cured meats? ...
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    polaris_x wrote:

Any help is appreciated!

Don't expect to find a cab back! I did that one year and ended up walking half way until I was lucky enough to flag down a cab before the 100 other groups waiting for a cab. I'm not sure why cab drivers don't line the streets aroundt eh venue after the shows, but they DON'T!

If you take a cab your best bet would be to arrange a pickup too.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    I went last year and had an awesome time...unfortunately I can not afford to go this year after all the money I spent on PJ20 & Canadian tour.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    if anyone has tix in the 200's for sunday that they don't want, lemme know! :D
  • Options
    surferzsurferz Posts: 54
    I have some decent PJ stuff I would trade for a good seat in the 101,102 or 103 section if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    I'm looking for a single lawn ticket for sunday if anyone can help a brother out.
  • Options
    I need 4 together for Saturday. Not sure if this is even possible. I got on and tried over and over again to buy 4 before finally learning that they put a 2 only limit on sales. I am thinking that we'll end up getting two sets of 2 and convincing others right near me in the worse pair to take our better pair. That being said, if any of you guys who scored any of the 200s section end up deciding not to go or need to get rid of them for any reason, please let me know (PM me). Thanks.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    I need 4 together for Saturday. Not sure if this is even possible. I got on and tried over and over again to buy 4 before finally learning that they put a 2 only limit on sales. I am thinking that we'll end up getting two sets of 2 and convincing others right near me in the worse pair to take our better pair. That being said, if any of you guys who scored any of the 200s section end up deciding not to go or need to get rid of them for any reason, please let me know (PM me). Thanks.

That's the strategy I've used in the past and it has always worked. Free upgrade for whoever is sitting around you...why would anyone say no?

I'm facing the same problem, but for Sunday. Have 6 tickets in various parts of the 200's, but still need two more for my brother and his girlfriend. Trading so we can sit together shouldn't be a problem, but getting a hold of another pair for anywhere near face value is proving to be pretty damn impossible.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus