**** Hamilton Fanviews Here 9/15/11 ****

Comments

• Whoop wrote:
    Another video of that moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSkIbl78FI

I believe there was not a dry eye in the house...well, I was bawling... :oops:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Whoop wrote:

Thanks! :)

Have you seen this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-_dXv7R1OU

:shock:
  • demetrios wrote:
    Whoop wrote:

Have you seen this one?

:mrgreen: :thumbup: Thank you both for the awesome links!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • WhoopWhoop Posts: 31
    demetrios wrote:

Have you seen this one?

Wow... thanks. :shock:

:thumbup:
  • Whoop wrote:

Such a beautiful moment.
  • I was fortunate enough to attend the Montreal, Ottawa and Hamilton concerts, and I loved every one. However, I have to say that Hamilton was my favorite of the three. As everyone has been saying, the energy level of the crowd and band were out of this world!! :D I know I had a smile on my face during the entire concert! :D

Highlights for me included "Immortality", "Nothingman", "Setting Forth", and "Crazy Mary". I was sitting in section 115, and watching Eddie running around, sharing wine, tossing out tambourines, and singing his heart out, was a real joy. However, the biggest highlight of the night was when Eddie talked about his close friendship with Johnny Ramone, and how today was the seven year anniversary of Johnny's death. When he played "I Remember You" and the crowd sang along, I had tears in my eyes. It was a very emotional moment, and I got the feeling Ed really appreciated his fans being together with him, as he was remembering his much loved friend.

Thank you PJ for three wonderful, wonderful concerts!! :clap::clap: I can't wait til the next time I can do it all again! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • I was fortunate enough to attend the Montreal, Ottawa and Hamilton concerts, and I loved every one. However, I have to say that Hamilton was my favorite of the three. As everyone has been saying, the energy level of the crowd and band were out of this world!! :D I know I had a smile on my face during the entire concert! :D

Highlights for me included "Immortality", "Nothingman", "Setting Forth", and "Crazy Mary". I was sitting in section 115, and watching Eddie running around, sharing wine, tossing out tambourines, and singing his heart out, was a real joy. However, the biggest highlight of the night was when Eddie talked about his close friendship with Johnny Ramone, and how today was the seven year anniversary of Johnny's death. When he played "I Remember You" and the crowd sang along, I had tears in my eyes. It was a very emotional moment, and I got the feeling Ed really appreciated his fans being together with him, as he was remembering his much loved friend.

Thank you PJ for three wonderful, wonderful concerts!! :clap::clap: I can't wait til the next time I can do it all again! :thumbup:
    :D

Toronto / Sept 21/96 -Barrie/aug 22/98- Auburn Hills, /oct 07 /00
    Grand Rapids /oct 03/04 -London/sept 12/05-Hamilton /sept 13/05
    Toronto/sept 19/05 -Toronto/ may 09/06 - Toronto/aug 21/09- Hamilton /sept 15 /11

+1 8-)
  • So, our local radio station was asking about the one of the most memorable moments from this show. So my husband and I passed along the Johnny Ramones tribute. The station ended up talking about it on the radio and blogged about. 8-)

http://www.davefm.com/Blog/Craig/blogen ... D=10291454
  • wow, that's pretty powerful.... you can feel Eddie's emotions cutting right through :(

must have been a special moment for everyone there..... thanks for sharing.
    love is all good people need....and music sets the sick ones free...
  • That euphoric older gentleman was my dad! He still can't stop talking about it. Neither of us will ever forget that night. Thanks Ten Club!
    ttals13 wrote:
    First post. My 8th show, but first one using Tenclub to get tickets. Was blown away with results, very very
    thankful to Tenclub for lottery.

Eddie tossed that tambourine almost right over my head to a euphoric older gentlemen in the 2nd row.
  • Artist Edition Variant:
    PJHamilton2011variant.jpg

Artist Variant is awesome, how do I get one like that? I got the black one
  • I thought the setlist and crowd were great at this show. As good as Philly and NYC who tend to get more press. Thanks to all!
    Rochester 94
    Mansfield 1 08
    Eddie Boston 1 08
    Toronto 09
    Philly 3 09
    Buffalo 2010
    MSG 2 2010
    Hamilton 2011
    Buffalo 2013
  • Aaaargh. I just wrote up a great recap of my Splendid evening of the show last week in the Hammer, and I guess I wasn't logged in and went to preview my post and it totally erased it. Bummer, man. Oh well, I'm not going into the detail that I did before, but the gist of it is a BIG THANK YOU to PJ for a great show with 8 nice surprises in there (U, Immortality, Not For You, Cropduster, Push Me Pull Me, State of Love and Trust, Brain of J, Search and Destroy) mixed in amongst some awesome standard concert faves which the crowd TOTALLY ROCKED OUT to! Not sure of those saying that the crowd wasn't into it. Did you look around? Those staples are what keep the energy up! If all PJ played were obscure tracks all set (which I would love too), I somehow think the energy in the venue would be totally different and a bit more subdued. Just my opinion.

ANYTIME Mike McCready wants to rip into Yellow Ledbetter, I'm all ears. There's a reason they play it half of the shows....It's one of the GREATEST GUITAR RIFFS OF ALL TIME! I could listen to that all day and not tire of it. Shame on you haters out there. And for the guy that made the "fist pumping during Alive" comment earlier on this thread...are you serious? Ripping people just because they don't cheer the way you want them to? Step off, dude. Some of those cats who just bob their head a bit and take it all in are probably way bigger fans that you. It's a matter of choice to cheer how you want at a concert. You pay your money for a seat and then it's your choice of how to receive what is put out there.

Thanks to the dudes for putting up the Brain of J sign....I LOVED IT! And thanks for your story about it too!

One interesting observation, though. Other than Daughter (which was KILLER, by the way. Although Mike and Matt psyched me out, I SO thought they were going to go into the It's OK tag at the end, but they didn't. That's my favourite tag check out Washington 9/4/00 and Lisbon9/5/06) I didn't notice anything played off Vs. or Binaural. Can't play'em all, I guess.

So I just want to say one more thing...PLEASE come out with a Canadian Tour 2011 Box Set! These shows are SO awesome! A box set would be super sweet. 10 shows, 20 discs, $150 give or take? I'm down.
    Truth be told, I wanna live my life with the volume full!

Barrie, ON 08/22/98
    Toronto, ON 10/05/00
    Buffalo, NY 05/10/11
    Hamilton, ON 09/15/11
  • oh yeah...did anyone else notice the one lone dude standing back center nosebleeds with his arms raised in a V, basking in the spotlight while Nothingman was peaking? That was awesome!
    Truth be told, I wanna live my life with the volume full!

Barrie, ON 08/22/98
    Toronto, ON 10/05/00
    Buffalo, NY 05/10/11
    Hamilton, ON 09/15/11
  • yoshi75 wrote:
    oh yeah...did anyone else notice the one lone dude standing back center nosebleeds with his arms raised in a V, basking in the spotlight while Nothingman was peaking? That was awesome!

I did :) Made me love Pearl Jam all the more...
  • A few memories from Hamilton...
    Went to the Honest Lawyer at 3:30. By the time we left that place was insanely packed.
    Went to the concert which was absolutely amazing! I didn't have great seats but didn't care. The lines were long but that's okay. I wanted to actually remember the show. I had a fantastic time in Hammertown!
    1994: ANN ARBOR
    2011: DETROIT (EV), HAMILTON
    2012: OSLO, COPENHAGEN, MEMPHIS (EV)
    2013: LONDON, CHICAGO, VANCOUVER, SEATTLE
    2014: ST. LOUIS, DETROIT
    2015: CHICAGO (EV & TOWNSHEND), NEW YORK
    2016: QUEBEC CITY, OTTAWA, TORONTO 1, BOSTON 1 & 2
    2018: LONDON 1, CHICAGO 1
    2022: HAMILTON

• A few memories from Hamilton...
    Went to the Honest Lawyer at 3:30. By the time we left that place was insanely packed.
    Went to the concert which was absolutely amazing! I didn't have great seats but didn't care. The lines were long but that's okay. I wanted to actually remember the show. I had a fantastic time in Hammertown!

+1 Thank you for coming to the preparty and I am glad you enjoyed the show!

I wish more people would have come up and introduced themselves! I would have loved that! :shifty:
  • Had an extra pair, and gave them to my baby sister for her first show on this night. She's been listening to PJ on her ipod ever since :o

After attending Montreal, and both Toronto shows, this was my fiancee's favourite. Unbelievable energy in that building. Great job Hamilton!
    5/19/05 - Toronto, 5/10/06 - Toronto, 6/27/08 - Hartford, 6/28/08 - Mansfield, 9/07/11 - Montreal, 9/11/11 - Toronto, 9/12/11 - Toronto, 9/15/11 - Hamilton
  • Had an extra pair, and gave them to my baby sister for her first show on this night. She's been listening to PJ on her ipod ever since :o

After attending Montreal, and both Toronto shows, this was my fiancee's favourite. Unbelievable energy in that building. Great job Hamilton!

Nice first post! Welcome Frank! :mrgreen: :wave:
  • leespjleespj Liverpool Posts: 172
    Hamilton was awesome. Crowd amazing. Irish bar we went to was good. Slaintes ???? i think it was called. I got alot of people looking shocked looking at my t-shirt of Pearl Jem (Ireland's no1 tribute band) !!
    Also got some nice comments too. Immortality was amazing !!!
    Pearl Jam

1996-10-28, 2000-05-29, 2006-08-25, 2007-06-21, 2007-06-26, 2009-08-17, 2009-08-18, 2009-10-28, 2010-06-23, 2010-07-03, 2010-07-06, 2010-10-23, 2010-10-24, 2011-09-14, 2011-09-15, 2012-06-20, 2012-06-21, 2012-07-04, 2012-07-05, 2013-10-15, 2013-10-18, 2014-06-26, 2014-06-28, 2014-07-08, 2014-07-11, 2014-10-17, 2014-10-20, 2016-05-02, 2016-05-05, 2018-06-18, 2018-07-03, 2018-07-05, 2022-07-25.

Eddie Vedder

2012-07-28, 2012-07-30, 2012-11-15, 2017-06-11, 2019-06-25, 2019-07-03.

Brad

2013-02-08.

• best show i've been to by far. i know its up for debate, but probably the coolest setlist too. that and the crowds energy made it so awesome. thanks pearl jam, and thanks to the hammer! :thumbup:
    and maybe its me, but there seems to be way too many one-way streets in hamilton. :eh:
  • best show i've been to by far. i know its up for debate, but probably the coolest setlist too. that and the crowds energy made it so awesome. thanks pearl jam, and thanks to the hammer! :thumbup:
    and maybe its me, but there seems to be way too many one-way streets in hamilton. :eh:

There are WAAAAY too many one-way streets in Hamilton.
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit

There are WAAAAY too many one-way streets in Hamilton.

thanks. at least i know i'm not that crazy. :thumbup:
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Best PJ show I've been to, hands down. Of course it was, I won the lottery and got Row 1, Stone's side. Thanks 10c, I needed that. My seats in the previous 3 Canadian shows were on the floor, way back, and side, row 10. I prefer the side as I'm not a big guy and the floor can be tough to see if you're not a 6 footer. But the Hamilton show was, as we say, really hitting the lottery.

I flew over from Ireland with my wife and fellow PJ friend for the 4 shows in Ontario. Canada is such a great place...the people, the cities, the hospitality...such a memorable time.

My member number sucks, but my friend and I were still thinking we would have the best seats in every show. Of course we all know that isn't always the reality. By Hamilton, last show of our trip, my wife was checking out the mall under the Sheraton and my friend was chilling in the club lounge. I went out to pick up the tickets...up till now they both had come with me to see where the seats would be. (Being 3 people I had bought a few singles through TM for the extra.) But by this time the adrenaline of the 10c ticket pick up had worn off and I went alone. I handed my ID to the guy and he opened the envelope and all I heard was him say, "Nice, you're front row, not dead center but just to the left." I ran back to the Sheraton in a daze and I actually held the tickets with my hand INSIDE my pocket. Ridiculous, maybe, but I was euphoric. I'm still in a bit of shock over the whole thing...the trip, touring Canada, seeing four shows and sitting front row for the last. Again, thanks 10c for the best concert experience of my life.

Here's a little slideshow of my Canadian PJ Tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foDB-_HESJg
    So when will this show get the official DVD/Blu-ray treatment?

Pretty please!!

Puss-In-Boots-Movie-Poster.jpg
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    demetrios wrote:
    So when will this show get the official DVD/Blu-ray treatment?

Pretty please!!

Puss-In-Boots-Movie-Poster.jpg

8-):mrgreen:
    If you're looking for a signed & numbered print from this amazing show, there are still prints available for sale over @ http://www.artillerydesign.com/main.php ... d=139&pg=0 .

Now to keep the fingers crossed for a sweet DVD/Blu-ray release of this amazing night.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    brain of j was the highlightfor me!
  • Vid of Eddie giving my wife and I some wine during E-Flow. Starts at around 8:45. Video includes Ole as well.

http://youtu.be/EhbMvwH5FOE