**** Hamilton Fanviews Here 9/15/11 ****

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Brain of J..wow.!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Earlier this week I told my GF I was going to stop using the computer after 2AM. But Im on too much of a high from the show to sleep and decided the most productive thing for me to do was write about the show while it was fresh in my memory. Reading Slash's autobiography to fall asleep might have been the more prudent option, but luckily she's sleeping at her place tonight!

I asked myself 'where to begin' with this review and the opener was an instant answer... In given to fly Eddie sang 'he made it to the Hammer, had a smoke in a tree' which drew a HUGE response from anyone in the crowd that understood the reference. From that moment on it felt like the crowd was another instrument being played by the band. Obviously the veteran PJ fans know the catalogue well and are always responsive, but Hamilton was the loudest and most active crowd I can remember being a part of. Thousands of people packed into an aging arena that felt more intimate than its size, recalling tonight's energy is still giving me a rush.

A few songs in, Eddie marveled at the crowd: "In Toronto Uncle Neil told us you're going to have a great time in Ottawa, but just wait until you see them in Hamilton" (dont quote me on this haha, Im excited to hear how close I got on the recording!) This drew an even louder roar than the 'Hammer' lyric.

After Immortality (I think?) Eddie pointed out the sections that were rocking to Mudhoney, Mikes side of the floor and 200 level stage left. He told the crowd they were seeing two of the worlds best in Dan Peters (mudhoney drummer) and Matt Cameron who wanted to play the next song.

Not for you was the point in the show where I really noticed how much Ed was meandering around the stage. His enthusiasm and intensity were higher than I've seen it in a couple years, and I started to focus on him. When Eddie sang 'all thats sacred comes from youth' the image from PJ20 of young Mike and Jeff in the courtroom popped into my head. This made me scan from Eddie to them just in time to see them laughing at eachother, a moment that really stood out for me at this show: Eddie's singing about youth. A band I love, having a ton of fun on stage on their 20th anniversary tour. Am I that old? Wow. At least my aging eyes were catching the right things at the right time!

In an era where too many popular bands 'call in' familiar setlists, I felt blessed to be watching the chemistry and enjoyment that was exploding from the the stage tonight. This was Pearl Jam's 7th show in the past 12 days and it really felt like they were hitting their stride. Attitude can be everything sometimes, and mine was locked in on enjoying each moment of this concert to the fullest.

The crowd responded well to Ole and were treated to a perfectly placed breather. Ed joked that for tax purposes he wanted to correct an article in the paper that reported donations of $500M instead of the actual $500k. He gave a very heartfelt thankyou to Laura, and pointed her out a few rows from the stage with the lights on. I turned to my friend beside me saying how special that moment must have been for her, how much Im sure she deserved it, and how happy it made me. Ed said Mike wanted to play Evenflow for her, and I feel like it showed during his solo.

If I was wrong about the drummer love following immortality, it followed Evenflow. Ed mentioned Cameron wrote the music to the next song and they started Cropduster.

Daughter ended with an outro that foreshadowed the encore. If Eddie knew Blitzkrieg Bop was a hockey rink anthem, its a good thing he didnt play it that way. The native Hamiltonians brains would have exploded and they would have missed the rest of a great show haha

Speaking of exploding, my bladder was doing that from tons of preshow beers at the Honest Lawyer, so I ran up the steps as Habit started. Urinal lines were nonexistent (great!) and huge beer lines were also great, because I didnt miss a moment more than I had to! On the way to the bathroom I dug the view from the top of the steps, and when Just Breathe started I decided to walk back up. The 'birds eye' view by myself was very tranquil. Once again I was fortunate to experience a 'right place, right time' moment when the entire crowd EXPLODED at the first notes of Jeremy.

That was my cue to rush back to my seat, and 10 seconds later I was rocking out with one of my best friends. Why Go was a loud, passionate closer and Eddie put an exclamation mark on the set by smashing his mic stand as he exited. Two items were simultaneously thrown at the stage from different directions, and in a pretty athletic move Ed caught them both without breaking stride. The look of satisfaction and amusement on his face must have matched mine as I sat down in my seat. What a killer set.

Nothingman opened the encore. In addition to being one of my favorite ballads, it felt like the perfect tempo for a crowd that had screamed their faces off for the set closers. Turned out it also set the mood perfectly for Ed to open up about it being the 7th anniversary of Johnny Ramone's passing, one of his best friends. He told the story of being in the room when he drew his last breath surrounded by loving friends and family. Ed told the crowd that holding his 3 month old daughter that day made him understand the circle of life and went into a very sincere and emotional 'I remember you.'

The crowd was very respectful, I cant wait for the goosebumps reliving this moment when the recording comes out. Their eerie silence juxtaposed with the eruption at the riff to Betterman was incredible. It seemed Ed was channeling/honoring Johnny throughout the song, the Ramones 'I wanna be your boyfriend' in the outro confirmed that for me. In hindsight, it was no coincidence that 'I remember you' was bookended by Nothingman/Betterman.

Black, State of Love and Trust, and Porch put the crowd in a frenzy that had the foundation shakin at Copps Coliseum. Another sick run of songs, another mic stand smashed, another exclamation point. It was almost 11 pm, the point where most shows are cut off in Canada, and the band left the stage.

During one of the encores, Eddie thanked the crowd for being so incredible (my words, not his.) While he was right, its possible he was just buttering us up before a request haha. He said he wanted to send the tape of this show to his friend who regularly surfs 60 to 100 foot waves, surfer Laird Hamilton. He demonstrated how he wanted it to sound and conducted the crowd with a wave of his hand. He also led the crowd in the wave, which kept momentum for a few laps around the Coliseum, but didnt have the power of the 'seated' waves you get at baseball games.

To start the second encore Eddie pointed out a sign on stage left, saying something along the lines of 'they took the time to make it big enough for me to read it, we're gonna play it!' As luck would have it, that sign was for Brain of J.

Crazy Mary was great, especially seeing the crew hauling out gear for some guests as it ended! Eddie said that there were many great 'Detroit' songs, and they were going to play one ... at this point my quotes are just blurs of what might have been said, I think he said they soundchecked it (or dicked around w/ it backstage) .. but tiredness is setting in and Im hesitant to type that. I wondered during the song if their choice to perform this song was connected to Johnny

Alive and Yellow Ledbetter finished a show that left vets and 1st timers picking their jaws up off the floor. Eddie walked into the crowd to sing Alive, holding one fans hand for what seemed like the entire song. During YL he smashed a tambourine over his head and wore it like a necklace, his smile matching the one everyone on the band was showing off all evening. Instruments were put down and many high fives exchanged long before Mike finished soloing. Incredible setlist, incredible performance. A true highlight of my 10 year career as a concertgoer

A nice cherry on top for me was one of the gorgeous green Klausen posters! If anyone would be willing to lend a hand when the signed black APs go onsale, I would be very grateful. I want to frame and display them together like this:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3313/pjboth.jpg

If you enjoyed this review, I will be posting a ton of previously private concert reviews on a blog soon, Ill link it to my twitter @Pokertoronto :
    http://twitter.com/#!/PokerToronto
  • This show was OFF THE HOOK!! A wonderful way to finish off my Canadian tour! I don't know where to start so i'll let the videos do the talking. Here's the first two and i have another 6 to upload!

GIVEN TO FLY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Uxa1Pg2oU

I REMEMBER YOU / BETTERMAN / I WANT TO BE YOUR BOYFRIEND / SAVE IT FOR LATER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSkIbl78FI
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    awesome review SD188086

I believe the line was "but Hamilton will go off"
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    BLACK35 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    big THANK YOU Ten Club for the 9th row lottery winnings, it was a great view (Stone side) of the stage and its nice to see their expressions and interactions so close up.

Again, you guys do me well

I also love the non-album tours

Ed really had a blast tonight, as well as got really emotional with the Joey Ramone story :(

You could see him signing Betterman really intensely.

Is it me, or are their jams a little bit longer and more frisky on this tour? Even the end of Betterman was more rocking and longer than usual

Awesome of Ed to extend the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee on Black

Congrats on the lottery win :)

was a great view of the band
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443
    SD188086 - I don't have anything to offer....you said it all Man! A well turned phrase or so.

All I know is that it feels like you can never have enough of the live experience we had last night. A maligned as Hamilton is, we were on top of the world last night, and I can't wait for the bootlegs of this tour!

Thanks PJ, and here's to the next 20!
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Great show. Thank you maynardsucks for kindly providing your extra 10c ticket as well as being great company.

I thought the crowd started out as so/so, until about 1/3 of the way through when Eddie commented how great the crowd was. This seemed to liven everything up. The Toronto-Hamilton-Buffalo shows are the only ones I go to where the crowd continuously cheers during the encores. I think there is something in the Southern Ontario water.

Man, the Copps Coliseum is cavernous. But the sound was pretty decent and it had kind of an intimate feel to it in a way. We were in section 121, row 2, which was perfect for me as it was a great view. Copps Coliseum actually reminds me a little of The Spectrum, just a lot bigger.

The band didnt sound as 'tight' as at Alpine IMO, but they were very into the show. A lot of jams, and Stone really seemed to kick it up a notch. Im not sure I have ever seen Eddie so animated and active (wasnt there in the early years).

I liked the song selection. Good mix of songs and a great tempo and flow through the entire show. Really wanted to hear Push Me Pull Me, Immortality, and Brain of J. I also was in the mood to see Porch over RVM. Really nice story from Eddie about Johnny Ramone's final night and the circle of life. Very powerful and very sad. You could tell it was tough to speak about.

Nice night, and back at em today on 3 hours sleep
  • Yup, side stage with Stone.

Forgot to mention, loved Eddie smashing the mic stand into the stage. Just like old times!

Here's a pic of the setlist.

http://flic.kr/p/anHdpJ

smarchee wrote:
    mattmarv wrote:
    My wife and I's seventh show and it rocketed possibly up to number one. We were front row, Stones side. We were belting out lyrics and dancing all night. Band had great energy. Ed was really into the crowds willingness to sing.
    Highlight was during Mikes solo in Even Flow, Ed was taking his smoke break at the side and looked over at our section and noticed my wife begging for some of his wine. After making a gesture to us, asking if we had a cup, and us showing we had one, he came over and poured us and the guy next to us a healthy dose. All I have to say is, this brand of wine is now my favorite. It was so friggen good. It could have been milk for all we cared, it came from Eddie. What a band!!

If anyone has a pic or video of him pouring us the wine, I would love a copy.

Goodnight.

you were front row on the wings right? Not front row in front of the stage, right?

If so, yes I watched that whole thing go down as I watched Ed walk behind Boom and attempt to light up a smoke, but first give this couple some wine, that was great
  • Markiemark70Markiemark70 Posts: 103
    edited September 2011
    Not much to add that hasn't already been said, but this was my last show this tour so it was kind of bittersweet. Also was my first show since MSG '08 with my wife and usual PJ buddy (she took a couple years off when our kids were small) so it was nice to be back with her. This was her 10th show.

This was my 15th show since 1993. It's really hard to say which was best but I can tell you the band is definitely on fire, loving what they are doing and determined to lay it all on the line to make this tour memorable. I can honestly say this has been the best overall tour I have seen so far.

The energy was a bit lacking in the first few tunes for me, but I was also pretty tired, and wonder how much of that is because probably 1/3 of the people there had already been to at least 2 other PJ shows that week?

It really picked up for me when they played "Push Me/Pull Me". That is one of my favourites on Yield and honestly I never thought I would see that live. The part where Eddie spoke about Johnny Ramone and the circle of life was so touching for me. My wife just lost her mother last month so I know all that stuff was resonating with her big time, and I have to say I am so grateful that Eddie can be so honest and open in front of all of us. It really is a priviledge to witness, and that was my wife's favorite part.

I thought we were getting the Man trilogy which I haven;t seen since Barrie '98, but alas it was not to be. Brain of J was another awesome moment, another one of my favs that I also haven't seen since '98.

Only downside to the whole night was the couple in the row ahead of me (I was in FL2, row 14 Stones side). He sang with his hands so they were constantly in the air, and she was constantly taking pics and videos. Then they would leave for 3 songs, come back take more pics, look at each others pics. I was like WTF? Why even go to a show? Luckily the guy also pissed off the people in his row and he ended up getting booted about 1/2 way through.

All in all a great night and a great way to end the tour. Shout out to my new FC seat buddies Jay & Stacey. You guys are awesome and hopefully we will see you next time.
    Post edited by Markiemark70 on
  • goldenegg wrote:
    Great show, but the crowd really had such low energy (at least where I was on Stone's side 14 rows back). Much better crowds in Toronto.

HUH :?: Not sure were you were but the energy in that building tonight was as good as I have ever seen it! Loved the set and loved when Ed opened up about still hurting of the loss of his friend, Johnny Ramone 7 years ago to the day. Really brought everyone in emotionally for the remainder of the show.

As I said, I was 14th row on Stone's side. Absolutely no energy in the crowd over there, with the exception of a few people who had to be removed from the building after getting highly aggressive from excessive alcohol intake. My wife even mentioned it, which means it was very noticeable.

Overall, it was still a great show. Just doesn't top either Toronto show for me.
  • man, oh man.....sat first row (3rd actually) on the side (Mike). During Mike's last solo, Ed was looking around and made his way down the stairs and actually walked down the isle shaking all of our hands in the first row....my wife was first and I was second in line....man, oh man....security had to keep everyone else back as they rushed our row.....man, oh man....what a show!
  • goldenegg wrote:
    As I said, I was 14th row on Stone's side. Absolutely no energy in the crowd over there, with the exception of a few people who had to be removed from the building after getting highly aggressive from excessive alcohol intake. My wife even mentioned it, which means it was very noticeable.

Overall, it was still a great show. Just doesn't top either Toronto show for me.

Dude you were in my row. What seats were you in? I thought the energy was ok.
  • Great Show...not much to say that hasn't already been said. Had a great time. I didn't see the Green poster?? Where could you get them? oh well, I got the red one.

I thought the crowd was great. I was sec 108 row 4.

I need to nap at some point today!
  • Dude you were in my row. What seats were you in? I thought the energy was ok.

We had seats 11 and 12.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    edited September 2011
    first off ... the band played for like 2:30 ... that's ridiculous! ... i came with a small group this show with only me as a 10C member and 1 other who was not a fan club guy but very familiar with the catalogue and had been to like 13 shows ... everyone else left the show blown away ... one guy said: what the fuck did i miss the past 18 years? (this was his first show since 93) ... even tho the guys only knew like half the songs - they were amazed at the band ...

as for me ... i didn't quite realize how much crowd energy plays into the enjoyment of the band ... especially in the area immediately around you ... i was on the aisle and it felt cavernous between me and the sides - always felt like there was a void on the left of me ...

in any case - great set of shows ... hard to beat toronto 1 for me ... it might be my favourite show along with msg 2 last year, buffalo 2003 and the vegas 10th anniversary show ...

edit: favourite line of ed last nite ... <after a swig of his wine> ... "aghhh ... this is awful ... but why do i love it so much!?"
    Post edited by polaris_x on
  • Ty wrote:
    Brain Of J! Played at my first show (Sydney 1998). Love that song!

Someone I know told me yesterday, "God I hope they play Brain of J. I'll go nuts".

He was a happy guy when we emailed back and forth this morning.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    GTF to open? Amazeballs.
    Another Wishlist Foundation shoutout and dedication? :clap:
    Nothingman? I miss Faraaz, Bill and Bruce. This song will forever remind me of the PJ20 parking lot.
    Unthought Known - Up youse people who want varied sets. I want this and GTF to be played at EVERY FRIGGIN SHOW, otherwise the show sucks. Needed a bit of a soar after Nothingman.
    Search and Destroy? Fuckin' A.

Yellow Ledbetter time folks. Thanks to my family for the past 2 weeks. 3 crooked hearts and all that.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • goldenegg wrote:
    Dude you were in my row. What seats were you in? I thought the energy was ok.

We had seats 11 and 12.

So you were right beside us: we were 9 & 10. You were right on the aisle no?
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    Awesome night :D

The band was on fire and so was the crowd. I will gladly do the 8 hour drive next time they play Hamilton.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Another run of shows draw to a close, and end with a real high. I received 5th row 10C tickets on Stone's side, the last seats at the end of the row closer to the center section. Outstanding sight lines and great interactions with the band members.

Last night's Hamilton show was easily my favorite of the 5 shows I attended. The crowd was by far the loudest (great singalongs that really impressed the band) and most enthusiastic we've seen on tour thus far. That's not to say Montreal or Toronto or Ottawa weren't great shows, or didn't have great crowds, but even Ed commented that last night's crowd was the best so far. The main set had some real gems (U, Immortality, Cropduster, Habit, and Push Me Pull Me) and they actually managed not to fuck any of them up, which was a bonus. Brain of J was a request from the crowd as mentioned, and Stone went balls-out on the solo (where the hell did this extroverted version of Stone come from?). I Remember You and Search and Destroy were my other encore highlights.

Other than Do The Evolution getting crossed out and being replaced with Hail, Hail I don't believe there were any other setlist variations. The band played for 10 minutes shy of 3 hours last night. During the show I noticed Ed attempted to toss out a guitar pic that went nowhere fast and landed by his monitors, so I asked for and received it at the end of the show. Last night's Klausen poster is a real beauty in person.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Another run of shows draw to a close, and end with a real high. I received 5th row 10C tickets on Stone's side, the last seats at the end of the row closer to the center section. Outstanding sight lines and great interactions with the band members.

Last night's Hamilton show was easily my favorite of the 5 shows I attended. The crowd was by far the loudest (great singalongs that really impressed the band) and most enthusiastic we've seen on tour thus far. That's not to say Montreal or Toronto or Ottawa weren't great shows, or didn't have great crowds, but even Ed commented that last night's crowd was the best so far. The main set had some real gems (U, Immortality, Cropduster, Habit, and Push Me Pull Me) and they actually managed not to fuck any of them up, which was a bonus. Brain of J was a request from the crowd as mentioned, and Stone went balls-out on the solo (where the hell did this extroverted version of Stone come from?). I Remember You and Search and Destroy were my other encore highlights.

Other than Do The Evolution getting crossed out and being replaced with Hail, Hail I don't believe there were any other setlist variations. The band played for 10 minutes shy of 3 hours last night. During the show I noticed Ed attempted to toss out a guitar pic that went nowhere fast and landed by his monitors, so I asked for and received it at the end of the show. Last night's Klausen poster is a real beauty in person.

dude ... i dig your fanviews! ... haha
  • I went to Toronto 1 and Hamilton so I can safely say I had a GREAT week. Those two shows really complimented each other and I got to go with my wife last night and my best friend Sunday. Thrilled to hear Cropduster, Push Me-Pull Me, Habit and Hail,Hail.

My mom asked if I had not seen Pearl Jam enough yet. After seeing the two shows this week I am happy to say, "not yet."
    Barrie 1992 
    Toronto 2003
    Kitchener 2005
    London 2005
    Toronto 1 2006
    Cleveland 2006
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011
    Hamilton 2011
    London, Ont 2013
    Buffalo 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 1 2016
    Toronto 2 2016
    Hamilton 2022
    Toronto 2022
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    I went to Toronto# 2 and Hamilton and had a blast at both shows, i got a great variety of songs from both shows, last night seeing Habit, Brain Of J, You, Push Me Pull Me, Immortality and Given To Fly for the first time was incredible, Ed pouring drinks for the fans was awesome and smashing the tambourine on his head was just insane.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Looked like a great setlist last night! Wish I had an endless supply of $$ and time to follow the band on this canadian tour.

Anyone have any idea when PJs 2012 US tour dates will be announced? With the book, soundtrack and movie coming out, i'm getting excited for them to play California!
  • Incredible show for sure - certainly amongst my top three ever by any band - didn't think it would end and didn't want it to...here is a great review (with video) from the local newspaper

http://www.thespec.com/whatson/music/ar ... l-at-copps
  • Did anyone see the absolute smokeshow front row in front of McCready? Unreal!
    Saratoga, NY 8.27.00, Boston, MA 9.29.04, Denver, CO 7.2.06 (with Tom Petty), The Spectrum 10.30.09, The Spectrum 10.31.09, Buffalo, NY 5.10.10, Newark, NJ 5.18.10, New York, NY 6.21.11 (EV Solo), Toronto, ON 9.11.11 (Neil Young Appearance!), Hamilton, ON 9.15.11, Fenway Park 8.5.16
  • WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 455
    edited September 2011
    Great show- my 11th ...Thanks 10C I won the lottery row 1 on Mike's side.

Stand outs- Immortality, Habit, Push me, Pull me and Alive with Eddie in the crowd

Hamilton crowd was great as usual...

Too many highlights to think about.

Scored a set list and Mcready pick
    2011-09-16001820.jpg

Eddie in the crowd during Alive
    2011-09-15232248_edited-1.jpg
    Post edited by WWS on
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • smarchee wrote:

Is it me, or are their jams a little bit longer and more frisky on this tour? Even the end of Betterman was more rocking and longer than usual

Totally agree - every jam has been outstanding. Last night's Immortality was unbelievable. And even Habit.

Smarchee - didn't run into you at all this tour....but glad you had fun and got great seats! :)
  • meveretmeveret Posts: 110
    Hamilton is where it's at! This is now my 5th time seeing them and I was really excited to come back to Hamilton as the last time they played here in 2005 I remember it being fantastic. Well tonight did not dissapoint! Something about the crowd in this city is electrifying and Eddie even commented on how into it we were. I saw lots of younger kids too this time who were really into it which is great! The setlist did not have all the faves I would have liked but there were lots of rarities or at least songs I'd never heard live. Oh and most importantly the band sounded AWESOME AND THE SOUND QUALITY OF THE SHOW WAS PHENONMENAL. THey were really on fire last night and Immortality was especially great! Probably the best performance I've ever seen live and crowd really added to that. I will definitely return to this venue even though its a 2 hour drive form where I live if they ever return.
    Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
    Albany NY 5/12/2006
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    What to say? I've now been fortunate to have seen this band three times this week, nearly sixty different songs, all of which, in my opinion were performed better than I've ever seen since I started to listen and love this band in 2005. Impeccable performance, great sound, fun crowd, and enormous energy from the band to us. I had recently listened to the Orpheum show with the original lyrics of Immortality, and when I heard them start to play it, I immediately choked up and tears welled up in my eyes. This was a hugely emotional experience for me I will never forget. As always, thank you Pearl Jam for giving me as close to a religious experience as I ever wished for.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1