**** Ottawa Fanviews Here 9/14/11 ****

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited September 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Scotiabank Place
Ottawa, ON. CA
Sept. 14, 2011

Set List
01. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
02. Last Exit
03. Do The Evolution
04. MFC
05. Unthought Known
06. Low Light
07.Given To Fly
08. Setting Forth
09. Whipping
10. Corduroy
11. Evenflow
12. Grievance
13. Lukin
14. Breath
{Ed talks about the 5 year anniversary of "Wishlist Foundation" and some of the causes they have been supporting. He also thanks the founder Laura Trafton.}
15. Wishlist
16. Olé
17. 1/2 Full
18. Betterman/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

ENCORE BREAK 1
19. The End
20. Inside Job
21. Just Breathe
22. Off He Goes
23. Why Go
24. The Fixer
25. Rearviewmirror

ENCORE BREAK 2
26. Come Back {played by request of an unnamed friend of the band}
27. The Real Me-(Townshend)
28. Alive
29. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    edited September 2011
    Decent show tonight.

Just got in from the show. 10C gave me row 15, middle section with number 345xxx. Very nice seats for the evening, considering my 10C number. Closest I've been since I've been a member.

Breath was the highlight for me. Amazing. Great singalong. I loved Whipping too . . . . nice to hear a "rarity". Before Lukin Eddie said that the next one was a "campfire singalong" song (I'm paraphrasing"), then explodes into Lukin. It was pretty funny. He definitely got me, thinking it would be a nice slow song :D

Was disappointed they started with Elderly Woman and Last Exit again (like Montreal) but we got some good songs. Breath, as I mentioned and Low Light were great. 1/2 Full was great too . . . I loved that Eddie reflected the spotlight onto the Canadian flag at the end . . . was a neat touch. And to the girl who flashed the band during YL, 5 rows in front of us. You rock :) I saw you on your BF's (I assume) shoulders and felt like something neat might happen . . . . the the shirt came up for a brief second. Adds to the excitment :roll:

The Real Me KILLED the second encore in my opinion . . . would have rather heard Black after Come Back or anything esle, to be honest . . .

Alive was awesome, and Ledbetter could have been a bit longer. Mikey's solo seemed cut short tonight. Not sure why, but I didn't feel it as much as in Toronto on Sunday. Still a very god show though. I'll add more later. Must get to bed :)

Thanks to all those at the pre-party. Nice to meet Demetrios and put some faces with some of the board names. I bought one of the last "Team McCready" shirts too, so thanks for that!!!!!! Not sure when I'll see the boys next, but it was a good time tonight . . . . . until the next show!!!!!!!
    Post edited by nevmiles on
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    Wow Breath AND Come Back - my top 2 Wishlists....

still so glad i was in toronto!!!

looks like a great set - sorry i missed it!
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    "Blood" was definitely not played this evening.

Show #30 for me! Great performance, but the crowd where we were sitting was awful (Ottawa was a last-minute decision for me, and despite generous offers for Ten Club seats we ended up in the upper bowl). That aside, this was the best "Corduroy" and "Rearviewmirror" I've seen, and "Whipping" should be renamed "MFC: Matt Fucking Cameron." See y'all in Calgary and Edmonton.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Blood? Nope. Some highlights were grievence, last exit, whipping, and inside job. Overall, subpar show for sure....
  • qcreteqcrete Posts: 133
    great show -- "but no blood"

thanks 10club for the 4th row on mike's side
  • NWOntario wrote:
    "Blood" was definitely not played this evening.

Show #30 for me! Great performance, but the crowd where we were sitting was awful (Ottawa was a last-minute decision for me, and despite generous offers for Ten Club seats we ended up in the upper bowl). That aside, this was the best "Corduroy" and "Rearviewmirror" I've seen, and "Whipping" should be renamed "MFC: Matt Fucking Cameron." See y'all in Calgary and Edmonton.

That's too bad. The Ottawa crowd can be pretty laid back (which I suppose can be a good thing depending on your POV). They certainly were when I went to see U2 in 2005 and it has really killed my desire to travel there for any other shows.
  • I've seen 4 shows this leg and thought this one was totally solid. Not sub par at all. PJ totally brought it and the energy from the band was amazing. I thought RVM was really excellent - best I've seen and it's among my favourite songs. Some of the slower songs like The End were really lovely too.

The crowd in Ottawa totally sucks though and they always do. More than 10% of the crowd was sitting the whole show (who sits at a fucking PJ concert? Only ever seen that in Ottawa and I live here and it drives me bananas). I've actually never seen EV try to work a crowd more and it was a bit better than usual for Ottawa but still nothing compared to the energy in Montreal or TO.

Pearl Jam = solid A
    Crowd = B-
    Overall = A-

Off to Winnipeg next!
  • Awesome show in Ottawa!!! To the 10Club fan or 10Club fan friend who stole my poster (I was sitting in the 9th row) - that was very sucky. Thanks for leaving with my souvenir from my 28th show. Very classy. Hope karma gets you back:(
  • kokopolokokopolo Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    EC201181 wrote:
    Awesome show in Ottawa!!! To the 10Club fan or 10Club fan friend who stole my poster (I was sitting in the 9th row) - that was very sucky. Thanks for leaving with my souvenir from my 28th show. Very classy. Hope karma gets you back:(

who the fuck does that? so lame.

btw, i totally hated the poster tonight. (even though i did buy one). is it supposed to be mookie blaylock?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    nice show guys ....hope you enjoy it :)
    how ole sound?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • nice show guys ....hope you enjoy it :)
    how ole sound?

not my favourite tune.

dimitri, were you one of the greek guys front row centre in Toronto on Monday who were waving the Greek flag?
  • kokopolo wrote:
    EC201181 wrote:
    Awesome show in Ottawa!!! To the 10Club fan or 10Club fan friend who stole my poster (I was sitting in the 9th row) - that was very sucky. Thanks for leaving with my souvenir from my 28th show. Very classy. Hope karma gets you back:(

who the fuck does that? so lame.

btw, i totally hated the poster tonight. (even though i did buy one). is it supposed to be mookie blaylock?

I wasn't a big fan either but I buy one at every show and I still can't believe somebody stole it:( What a douche:(
  • Just got home from the show. My 4th time seeing the band and first time since 2006.

Musically I was not disappointed at all. They brought out some tunes I had not heard live before and some that I really was not expecting to hear.

As for the comments about the Ottawa crowd, unfortunately that's what you get in Ottawa. It is the same way at sporting events. Sadly, tonight was probably a lively crowd as far as Ottawa concert crowds go.
    To the 10Club fan or 10Club fan friend who stole my poster (I was sitting in the 9th row) - that was very sucky. Thanks for leaving with my souvenir from my 28th show. Very classy. Hope karma gets you back:(
    Sorry to hear that. Sucks to hear of that happening. Hope you get a replacement somehow and the person who stole your poster gets what they deserve!
    Montreal 03
    Ottawa 05
    Gorge #1 06
    Eddie Vedder #1 Montreal 08
    Ottawa 11
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited September 2011
    kokopolo wrote:
    nice show guys ....hope you enjoy it :)
    how ole sound?

not my favourite tune.

dimitri, were you one of the greek guys front row centre in Toronto on Monday who were waving the Greek flag?
    nop..was stelios and his friend..,,i was on the side,mike side,at toronto 2
    at toronto 1, i was 6th row,mike side,and put out my flag,during keep on rockin only,eddie wave,and i put it back in.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • This was my last show of the tour - what a way to finish it off. After Alpine I was worried that other shows would be a let down, but they were all great.

Montreal - great crowd
    Toronto - ended up hearing the last few songs I've always wanted to hear
    Ottawa - great seats and... I met Stone and Mike this morning!

I'm exhausted and I've got to re-join the real world in the morning, but tonight I'm just going to think about how amazing the past few weeks have been. To all of those going to more shows on this tour - enjoy!
  • Pat2976 wrote:
    Just got home from the show. My 4th time seeing the band and first time since 2006.

Musically I was not disappointed at all. They brought out some tunes I had not heard live before and some that I really was not expecting to hear.

As for the comments about the Ottawa crowd, unfortunately that's what you get in Ottawa. It is the same way at sporting events. Sadly, tonight was probably a lively crowd as far as Ottawa concert crowds go.
    To the 10Club fan or 10Club fan friend who stole my poster (I was sitting in the 9th row) - that was very sucky. Thanks for leaving with my souvenir from my 28th show. Very classy. Hope karma gets you back:(
    Sorry to hear that. Sucks to hear of that happening. Hope you get a replacement somehow and the person who stole your poster gets what they deserve!

Thanks:) I still can't believe a fan or a friend of a friend would do such a thing, very sucky indeed:(
  • So happy for Laura!! :)
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• peve19peve19 Posts: 16
    edited September 2011
    Considering MTL is only 1:45 hours from Ottawa, was disappointed to hear 15 songs from the MTL show, and especially, the same opener with Small Town and Last Exit

Ottawa crowd is what it is, but was hoping for some sort of 2005 type crowd/atmosphere.

Nonetheless, better thant the MTL setlist-wise.

Thanks PJ...and no, you're not on crack, relayer might have been ;)...No Blood tonight!
    Post edited by peve19 on
    Montreal '98, Montreal '00,
    State College '03,
    Toronto '03,
    Montreal '03, Montreal '05,
    Ottawa '05,
    NYC1 08 - NYC2 08 - Eddie MTL 08
    Toronto 09 Philly 09 - 3rd Philly 09 - 4th
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    nevmiles wrote:
    They didn't play Blood . . . .

my bad. thanks.
  • Was slightly disappointed that they played so many repeats from Montreal, given that the two cities are so close. But looking at the Ottawa setlist from 05, I had a feeling that it would be kind of a 'hits' set this time around.

But having said that, this show was unreal. Went in expecting a bad crowd and was actually very pleasantly surprised. Was row 15 around the middle and the crowd seemed to almost rival Montreal at times, I even found that there was more energy tonight at the end of the first set than in Mtl at the end of the first. Energy went down from there though until Alive and YL to end when it came back up. LOVED seeing Low Light, Whipping, Breath!!, MFC, Grievance, and Ole. Ole works really well live imo. First time seeing The Real Me which was cool. The band seemed really happy tonight, and I guess they have this whole tour. Its so great to look up and see the huge grins on their faces. Very special moment when Ed was talking about the Wishlist Foundation. Overall really great show, amazing first set.
  • Sea wrote:
    nevmiles wrote:
    They didn't play Blood . . . .

my bad. thanks.
    Also my bad :oops:
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    Some of you mentioned about the same songs between Montreal and Ottawa; I agree with that! :(

But... It was the second show in a row that I was winning the lottery (9th row at Toronto 2, 2nd row tonight!!!) and I can't complain, really. Too bad to see the setlist tonight and that Smile was crossed off and that they changed Indifference for Come Back but... they played The Real Me, which is always cool live!!! And yet, I have to give this to the band; the level of energy never changed between the shows; always at their best!!! You guys are awesome!!

That's it for me, 4 shows in this tour. Thanks PJ, it was a great run... Oceans will be for a next show!!! ;)
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    EC201181 wrote:

That's crap, I'm sorry about that. Let me know if you want mine, I wouldn't mind giving it to you. And no, it wasn't me who stole it!! ;)

Honestly, PM me if you're interested. Thanks
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    So happy for Laura!! :)
    What happened? Happy for her too! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • wolfbear wrote:
    So happy for Laura!! :)
    What happened? Happy for her too! :)

Hi Denise,

Ed thanked Laura for starting the Wishlist Foundation and mentioned it had been around for 5 years...

Jeremy
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Just got home, have to sleep but Ottawa we got a fucking GEM of a show!!!! 12th row center, loved the setlist, thank you Pearl Jam and 10 club!!!!!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • MFC! NICE!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    Good to see the boys intent on perfecting comeback before they come over here next year and play it for me!!!
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Laura rocks! Yeah for her! Good on Ed for the shout out!

Happy 5th Birthday Wishlist!
  • Anyone have a picture of the poster?
    You can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself.