Options

Ticketmaster and seniority

BTMBTM Posts: 58
edited September 2011 in The Porch
Just a quick question. My wife and I purchased tickets to Vancouver through the fan club pre-sale. I remember that there was obviously a password, but I can't remember if any other info was gathered. My number is significantly better than my wife's, and I am trying to figure out why she received the confirmation email today from the Ten Club. Is it based off the name on the credit card? We were logged into Ticketmaster under my account. I'm just a little disappointed, because it seems that they'll be assigned based on her number and not mine. Maybe I missed something along the way. Please enlighten me!

Brian
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    I would write to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> and ask. There was some confusion regarding names on credit cards not matching 10C accounts. Let them know what happened and see what they say. Good luck!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Did you BOTH make a ticket purchase? You under your number, she under hers?
    If "yes", you should also be receiving an email shortly.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    We just made the one purchase. All I remember inputting is the password, and we were logged into my Ticketmaster account. All I can figure is that her name was on the card we used, and thus the tix are now assigned to her. There wasn't any option to enter any other Ten Club info was there?
  • Options
    didn't 10c send an email out about names?

or maybe a thread on here?
  • Options
    BTM wrote:
    We just made the one purchase. All I remember inputting is the password, and we were logged into my Ticketmaster account. All I can figure is that her name was on the card we used, and thus the tix are now assigned to her. There wasn't any option to enter any other Ten Club info was there?
    if you bought through ticketmaster i dont believe that the seats go by seniority, rather they go buy who purchased when. when presales get EXTENDED to ticketmaster I believe that is how it works. your number means nothing anymore, it just gets you a seat in a better section
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    BTM wrote:
    if you bought through ticketmaster i dont believe that the seats go by seniority, rather they go buy who purchased when. when presales get EXTENDED to ticketmaster I believe that is how it works. your number means nothing anymore, it just gets you a seat in a better section

10C ticketmaster presale goes by seniority.
  • Options
    Here's the confirmation my wife just got. It clearly states that tickets will be assigned by seniority:

Please read the following information regarding your Ten Club tickets for PEARL JAM on September 25th at Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, British Columbia.

1) You will receive (2) reserved seated Ten Club tickets, which have been allocated by seniority in advance of the show. Rows 1-2 and 9-10 have been randomly assigned regardless of seniority.

2) You must collect the tickets at the box office on the day of the show, with a valid photo identification. Only the 10c member can collect the tickets. No exceptions.

3) All ticket sales are final. No transfers, refunds, exchanges. Reselling of 10c tickets for above face value will result in cancellation of ticket purchase, and revocation of all future ticket benefits from the Ten Club.

4) Doors will open at 6:30 pm.

5) Fan Club box office at the Pacific Coliseum will open at 3 pm on the day of the show for 10c ticket distribution. Ticket distribution will end approximately at 9:15pm.

6) All ticket sales are final. No exchanges, refunds, or transfers.

7) Reselling of Ten Club tickets for above face value will result in ticket cancellation and revocation of future ticket benefits.

Additional questions regarding your tickets can be directed to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->.
  • Options
    Then how's the seniority determined?
  • Options
    BTM wrote:
    Then how's the seniority determined?

It is determined the same way as any other show.
  • Options
    I understand how seniority works. I mean how are they linking the purchaser of the tickets to the correct fan club member? All you needed was a password, right? There wasn't any fan club log-in. Is it based off the name on the credit card?
  • Options
    BTM wrote:
    I understand how seniority works. I mean how are they linking the purchaser of the tickets to the correct fan club member? All you needed was a password, right? There wasn't any fan club log-in. Is it based off the name on the credit card?

everyone got an individual password, I am sure it is based on that.
  • Options
    Did they really give everyone a unique password. That would seem insane, but maybe that's the case. That's a heck of a lot of passwords.
  • Options
    BTM wrote:
    Did they really give everyone a unique password. That would seem insane, but maybe that's the case. That's a heck of a lot of passwords.

yes they did. That is why everyone didn't get their password at the same time.
  • Options
    Hmmm...I don't remember getting unique passwords, but that must be how it was determined.
  • Options
    Thinking about this some more, I really don't think 10club distributed unique passwords as was stated earlier. That would just be a logistical nightmare, so how are the tix assigned? Anybody?
  • Options
    BTM wrote:
    Thinking about this some more, I really don't think 10club distributed unique passwords as was stated earlier. That would just be a logistical nightmare, so how are the tix assigned? Anybody?

They did distribute unique passwords. Call them and ask.
  • Options
    They must have. It seems the only way that they could assign seniority. I'm just frustrated with myself. I looked back at the email, and it definitely doesn't look to be a generic password. However, it doesn't clearly state that passwords are unique. Anyway, I am just thankful that I got to see them in Alpine and now I'll be seeing them in Vancouver.
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    BTM wrote:
    They must have. It seems the only way that they could assign seniority. I'm just frustrated with myself. I looked back at the email, and it definitely doesn't look to be a generic password. However, it doesn't clearly state that passwords are unique. Anyway, I am just thankful that I got to see them in Alpine and now I'll be seeing them in Vancouver.

But it does state that they are one time use... and it doesn't state not to distribute, so for comparison, my "ALL OTHER CANADA SHOWS" password... PJBH4F5XPRZ