**** Montreal Fanviews Here 9/7/11 *****

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited September 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Montreal Bell Centre
Montreal, QC. CA
Sept. 07, 2011
Set List

01. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
02. Last Exit
03. Hail Hail
04. The Fixer
05. Amongst The Waves
06. Severed Hand
07. Setting Forth
08. Corduroy
09. Given To Fly
10. Insignificance
11. Daughter/Blitzkrieg Bop-(Ramones)
12. Glorified G
13. 1/2 Full
14. Do The Evolution
15. Unthought Known
16. Why Go

ENCORE BREAK 1
17. Evenflow
18. Come Back
19. Sleight Of Hand
20. Down
21. Black
22. Arms Aloft-(Bullen, Shields, Slatterly, Stafford, Strummer)
23. Lukin
24. Porch

ENCORE BREAK 2
{Ed thanks the crowd and says Montreal was a great place to start the tour.
He then reads his horoscope in the local paper which suggests he should avoid glum people and needs to surround himself with happy, laughing people today}
25. Betterman
26. Crazy Mary-(Williams)
27. Alive
28. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Nice set..thanks Sea :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • tottototto Posts: 291
    very cool set, hope you all enjoyed it!
    Milwaukee, 7/8/95
    Milwaukee, 6/30/06
    East Troy, 9/3/11
    East Troy, 9/4/11
    San Jose, Costa Rica 11/20/11
    Manchester, England 6/20/12
    London, Canada 7/16/13
    Chicago, 7/19/13
    Charlottesville, 10/29/13 *** Favorite Show****
    Milwaukee, 10/20/14
    Chicago, 8/20/18
    Boston, 9/4/18
    St. Louis, 9/18/22
    St Paul, 8/31/23
    St Pau,l 9/2/23
    Austin, 9/18/23
    Austin, 9/19/23
    Chicago, 8/29/24
    Chicago, 8/31/24
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Did Eddie talk about PJ20 at all? I'm just curious to see what their reactions are.
  • Happy to see Glorified G get a play. Like that one :)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Woot woot for Crazy Mary! Good on ya, Montreal! Hope you all had a blast.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Band in great shape tonight. Major great shape. Glorified? Insignificance? Lotsa crowd pleasers, but they sounded perfect (especially Black). See you all in TO.

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• whygohome wrote:
    Did Eddie talk about PJ20 at all? I'm just curious to see what their reactions are.

He said montreal was the best crowd so far on the pj20 tour... So it depends where u consider the tour started....
    Other than that, no specific reference to alpine or pj20
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    what a great set!
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Love this set.
  • IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    edited September 2011
    Awesome show and the crowd was loud.
    I was surprised they started with Elderly Woman. I finally got to hear Come Back.

After PJ20 and Montreal, tour is over for me :(
    But the whole was worth it and I met great people.
    Post edited by IGotShit76 on
  • As others have said already, very solid looking set. Some highlights seem to be Glorified G, Black, and Setting Forth again.

That being said, didn't Pearl Jam record a new record back in April or May? Don't they have some new songs that they want to play or am I missing something?
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • merch review??
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Looks like a great set list. I'm jealous of all in attendance, and those attending shows on this tour. I have post PJ20 blues. Keep on rockin' folks.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    merch review??
    Yeah- YieldToNothing speaks some serious truth - lets get some pics and reviews of the merch from Canada!!
  • That is a good setlist to start the Canada Tour.

I am curious how Mudhoney was as an opener?
    Raleigh, 8/18/1992 (Lollapalooza)
    Sacramento, 7/16/1998
    San Francisco, 7/18/2006
    Oakland, 7/11/2011 (Eddie Vedder)
    Vancouver, BC, 9/25/2011
    Oakland, 10/26/2013
  • Hey ..look it's pearl jam songs!!!!!!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • TWHoltTWHolt Moncton, NB Posts: 401
    That is a good setlist to start the Canada Tour.

I am curious how Mudhoney was as an opener?

Mudhoney was LOUD!!!!! :o
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|
  • My first full PJ concert (I had seen them at Bridge last year), and what a concert!! The setlist was fantastic-highlights for me included Setting Forth, Black, Down, and Unthought Known, but there were many many highlights. The crowd was so into it-Ed commented on how great the audience reaction was. :)

Throughout the evening I kept thinking about how much love there is between the fans and this awesome, awesome band. I just feel so blessed to have discovered them!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Looks like a fantastic set. Plenty of hits and sing alongs, but Montreal crowds are like Europe.. very very loud, so i'm sure it was quite an experience. I'll never forget Montreal 05. a top 10 show for me, even though the setlist isn't amazing and it's shadowed by Ottawa the following night, the crowd and atmosphere was pure magic.

Montreal is truly a city where you can't judge the show by the setlist.
    under your tongue, im like a tab.. i will give you what your not supposed to have

in wide open spaces we sing, with strings.. launch a full on musical cannonball.. guided by bells that we bring, they ring.. sound for the sky and the sun, our own waterfall...

one with the raging wind, alive on the highest tides, my ship at sail can climb a mountain.. ride it to the sky
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    That setlist is a Pearl Gem.

Can't wait for the goodies this month.
  • sigh... wish I could go along with everyone who loved the show. I really wished they played more obscure/random setlist, just let it flow. Their setlist has been the same for 10 years. I know they will play evenflow, alive, betterman, yellowledbetter or rocking to top it off. A soft song to start. Just wish they would change it up a little. Don't get me wrong. LOVE..The Music. but when we can call out every song most of the time... Losing the spark. Miss the spontaneity. Play music guys. You don't need to play to new fans anymore. Just play!!! Sorry about the rant everyone. (just trying to blow off steam).
  • edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    What a set to start of the canadian tour! small town, last exit, hail hail, the fixer is a rockin start.
    I like the combo of setting forth, corduroy and given to fly.

How did Glorified G, Sleight of hand and Down sound?

And did Boom give you any orgasms during crazy mary?

Sincerely,
    Peter
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Oh you little buggers... You got come back again and I wasn't there again :(
  • My highlights:

Perfect start with Elderly!

Glorified G, Why go.

& Black, which makes me cried. What a kickass version!!!

Crowd, crowd, crowd... I'm from Montreal so I know what it looks like. But tonight, we were LOUD and on fire! And so the band!!!

Heading Toronto on sunday morning!!! :mrgreen:
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Band in great shape tonight. Major great shape. Glorified? Insignificance? Lotsa crowd pleasers, but they sounded perfect (especially Black). See you all in TO.

hey you says in other thread that you were section 112, row F?! what was your seats??
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    drsluggo wrote:
    merch review??
    Yeah- YieldToNothing speaks some serious truth - lets get some pics and reviews of the merch from Canada!!

Isn't most of the merch that was at PJ20 gonna be the same for Canada tour?

Back to the setlist, looks great. Looks like Setting Forth will be getting some love this tour.

Great to see 1/2 Full and Sleight Of Hand in there; two favourites of mine :D
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    That setlist is a Pearl Gem.

Can't wait for the goodies this month.

I concur, I concur. Brilliant looking setlist - I really cannot wait to hear this. Looks like a great start to the tour :D
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Oceans wrote:
    Their setlist has been the same for 10 years. Just wish they would change it up a little.

Yeah, PJ's sets are the same every night :?
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    JK109224 wrote:
    Oceans wrote:
    Their setlist has been the same for 10 years. Just wish they would change it up a little.

Yeah, PJ's sets are the same every night :?

hilarious
  • Just enjoy the set whatever it is... It's Pearl Jam!!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14