LIVE NATION EMAIL: PJ set: 9:30-11:30???????

esacks23esacks23 Posts: 69
edited September 2011 in Given To Fly (live)
i hope the pj20 site is right with it's 9:30-? time slot rather than this. this has me a bit worried. surely we're not going to only get a weak 2 hour set each night. if this is true, i could honestly do without all this extra hoopla and bands that most don't care about, and more music from, heaven forbid, pearl jam at THEIR anniversary festival. isn't the music what it's all about? it used to be anyway.

This Weekend!
September 3 & 4, 2011

Alpine Valley Music Theatre
East Troy, WI

Parking (Saturday): 9:00am
Parking (Sunday): 11:00am
Gates (Both Days): 11:00am
Show (Both Days): 12:00pm

Schedule:
Main Stage
Pearl Jam: 9:30 - 11:30
The Strokes: 8:15 - 9:00
Queens of the Stone Age: 7:00 - 7:45
Mudhoney: 6:00 - 6:45
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    This should fix everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj-sFIHQWLY
  • if anything that just made it worse. thanks for trying tho!;)
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Wilds wrote:
    :lol:
  • Wilds wrote:

Made me fell better
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,225
    Just because it may be a 2 hour set does not mean it is weak. Surely it's better they play a full-on intense 2 hour set rather than pad it out just to please those who clock watch? It's about how they play, not how long they play.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=126886
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    2 hours is too short for the trouble of heading out there
    its not the curfew im worried about, im sure theyll go over
    im more worried, are they really gonna hit the stage at 9:30:00 ?
    kind of doubt that
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • no, a two hour set DOES mean it's weak. especially for this type of event/occasion. i NEVER worry about how they're gonna play. never disappointed in that category. pearl jam never "pads" anything out. a regular show usually goes at least 2.5 hrs. if we get anything less than that, it will be extremely disappointing. people are traveling from all over for this. they need to come stronger than 2 hrs. the thing that frustrates me the most is that they could've come on at anytime, way earlier, and gotten rid of some of these who-the-f-are-you bands. i'm hoping for the best shows ever, but we'll see..
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    it will be extremely disappointing and PEARL JAM cant fit in the same Sentence...PERIOD..
    enjoy the show and dont have your mind in your watch during a concert of the BEST LIVE BAND ON THIS FUCKIN PLANET.....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    edited September 2011
    it's so sad and frustrating to think there are people goin to this who just want to complain about every little thing. they're already geared up to complain about the setlist and how it was too short.

STFU and just enjoy it or give your Tickets to someone who want to enjoy it.

chrissakes

shup Jenny!
    Post edited by eldarion75 on
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    eldarion75 wrote:

STFU and just enjoy it or give your rickets to someone who want to enjoy it.

Sorry... I know it's immature to have a giggle at what is presumably an autocomplete/fingerslip mistake during a very serious and valid rant... but :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    edited. thank you.

seriously though. why even go if you're gonna just complain about the gigs before they've even happened??

it's moronic!
  • axxllaxxll Posts: 50
    My live nation email from yesterday states 9:30 - ???
  • axxll wrote:
    My live nation email from yesterday states 9:30 - ???
    yeah so ??? will mean they´ll play as long as they see fit 2 hrs or more, who cares just enjoy the show......

Im gonna be here in Sweden hanging out on the setlist thread, and hope for some live video from various sources.

see ya there (well online anyway,,,,) Im just happy for all of you who could make the trip!!!!!!
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Jennytree wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:

STFU and just enjoy it or give your rickets to someone who want to enjoy it.

Sorry... I know it's immature to have a giggle at what is presumably an autocomplete/fingerslip mistake during a very serious and valid rant... but :lol:
    LMAO ricketts sucks.. and I just found out people can get this disease too!!Oh well.. funny typo anyhow..
  • eldarion75 wrote:
    it's so sad and frustrating to think there are people goin to this who just want to complain about every little thing. they're already geared up to complain about the setlist and how it was too short.

STFU and just enjoy it or give your Tickets to someone who want to enjoy it.

chrissakes

:thumbup: