Options

I shoulda seen it coming...

evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
edited August 2011 in The Porch
Since PJ20 was announced me and one of my best friends that's been away in the navy has planned on meeting up for the show. He's a great friend but he's also a notorious last-minute sell-out. And sure enough I just got the call that he can't make it.

I got another buddy that's gonna see if he can get off of work, but with such short notice, it ain't looking good. So chances are, I'm gonna be going it alone.

I guess my question is, who's gonna let me party with 'em? Maybe this is a good thing, like how it's suppose to be. To me PJ has always been a very personal thing anyways, so maybe I need to do this by myself. It's kinda symbolic that way. Plus it's going to force me to come out of this shell I've built up since my divorce.

I'm still way excited, and thinking about it, and hopefully some new friends I'm going to make, gets me even more pumped.

I guess it's kind of like going to meet family members I've never met before because they live in other parts of the world. Or maybe it's not "kind of" like that, maybe thats exactly what it is.

I'm ready, all I need to know is; who's ready to celebrate the greatest f'n band in the world with some strange Louisiana guy named known only as Evenflow?! ;)
It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Go to the Wishlist preparty on Friday night, you'll be surrounded by friends! No way you leave that party without a ton of new friends. Enjoy yourself! 8-)
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Where is the Wishlist party? Is this the one starting at, like 4pm?

Hey "Evenflow"......tough break man, but yes maybe this is how it's supposed to be. There are gonna be PJ freaks/dorks/nerds/fans from all over the world. I plan to make an effort to meet as many people from as many places as possible!!

As Doug said, you'll be surrounded by friends. All weekend.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Yeah, it's at Hemingways in Lake Geneva. Take a look at the sticky at the top of the Porch to see the details, tons of cool stuff going on.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    PearlJam24PearlJam24 Posts: 340
    evenflow wrote:
    Since PJ20 was announced me and one of my best friends that's been away in the navy has planned on meeting up for the show. He's a great friend but he's also a notorious last-minute sell-out. And sure enough I just got the call that he can't make it.

I got another buddy that's gonna see if he can get off of work, but with such short notice, it ain't looking good. So chances are, I'm gonna be going it alone.

I guess my question is, who's gonna let me party with 'em? Maybe this is a good thing, like how it's suppose to be. To me PJ has always been a very personal thing anyways, so maybe I need to do this by myself. It's kinda symbolic that way. Plus it's going to force me to come out of this shell I've built up since my divorce.

I'm still way excited, and thinking about it, and hopefully some new friends I'm going to make, gets me even more pumped.

I guess it's kind of like going to meet family members I've never met before because they live in other parts of the world. Or maybe it's not "kind of" like that, maybe thats exactly what it is.

I'm ready, all I need to know is; who's ready to celebrate the greatest f'n band in the world with some strange Louisiana guy named known only as Evenflow?! ;)

Hey Baton Rouge...Watson here. I've been to a few shows alone and I find when I'm by myself I can focus on the show instead of a few interruptions from my guest. I'm not saying it's better or worse to bring someone, I guess each way has its positives and negatives.

Regardless, I know the PJ community will welcome you. I would imagine it would be similar to tailgating at an LSU game. Doesn't matter what team you pull for, everyone welcomes you to join the party. Hope you have a safe trip and maybe I'll see you there!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,745
    I've gone to shows alone before. It's not that bad. I maybe wouldn't do the whole noon to midnight thing, unless there are some early bands you're just dying to see.

But you'll find plenty of hospitable folks to hang with, I'm sure. The thing about going to a PJ show alone is that you know you have at least one important thing in common with everyone else.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    daneski70daneski70 Posts: 235
    you're more than welcome to join either of these huge tailgate parties on Saturday and Sunday! They're going to be insane! :D

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=160890

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164332
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    Haha PJ24, I've just never changed my location from BR since my LSU days, but I'm now technically between Denham and Watson. Small world indeed.

And I defintely want to check out the Wishlist party. I'm also going to try and swing by the others as well.

Its gonna be a great time no matter what!
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i will party with you, i have met so many incredible people throughout all of my crazy pearl jam adventures - i think that many of us would agree that meeting new people with the same bond, passion, connection is why we enjoy the experience so much - i know that for myself, it's been an awesome journey, and i always welcome the opportunity to meet another crazy fucker like myself - hope to see you at the wishlist party!
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Go to the Wishlist preparty on Friday night, you'll be surrounded by friends! No way you leave that party without a ton of new friends. Enjoy yourself! 8-)

This ^^^ Come say hello to us, not that you will know who us is, but say hello to everyone!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!