Dublin crew!!!

ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
edited December 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
Thought I'd create a new one for the post Astoria crew.

http://dublin-a-go-go.blogspot.com/

Dublin Schedule = http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=207121

Byrnzie - England
Dunkman - Scotland
Keith - England
Foxymop - England
Heineken Helen - Ireland
Duggro - Scotland
redrock - England
Given To Fly - England
Inion Bui - Ireland
Chime - England
Ben Red Blue - Australia
danmac - England
Ince - Spain
Forever Changes - England
Shmike - England
V_V - In an Astorian dream
UKDave - England
Rock Goddess - England
Aob9 - Ireland
Chumfatty - England
belfast1 - Inside an avocado
Wolfamongwolves - Ireland
Housing Jim - Wales
Irish Al - Zimbabwe
Akuzed - England
Gen - Wales
Shano - Ireland
nik - England
Roubal - Poland
Siochan - Ireland
Jasoncecilbreen - ?
Robble - Ireland
Kam ex - U.K
Nutmeg 81 - Ireland
Lostinohio - U.S.A
Krist Mace - England
Sleeping Jamie - ?
Jaymac - Ireland
Burtschips - England
Ament To That - Norway
Jennytree - Ireland
Nullifidain - Ireland
pdh1978- England
Robert - Scotland
StonesGstring - England
newagehippie - U.S.A
Buru - Argentina
Manaris - Ireland
Audiodave - England
Jamie - Ireland
Binaural - Ireland
Richy faceliftology - Ireland
O VV - ?
Evo - Scotland
Stone Carpenter - ?
Spaceboy - U.S.A
Wash - England
Colm - Ireland
The Cayzer - ?
Fowls - England
LoDoubleU - Wales
FinsburyParkCarrots - England
DBK - England
LongRhode - Rhode Island - America
EMMI - Finland
Answers_In_Playdoh - England
mandymg101 - ?
I'll_Ride_the_Wave - Canada
I'm Gone - O flower o' Scotland
mickaxe - Limerick, Ireland
rony - Dublin, Ireland
mol.cameron - ?
BeAStar - Ohio, U.S.A
ISingintheChoir - ?
Hitch-Hiker - Dublin, Ireland
Cagey - Ireland
bmoloney - Cork, Ireland
White Riot - England
Ellie__ -
NumberTenOx - East of Seattle (New York? :confused: ), U.S.A
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I'm still undecided on whether to go! I don't have much money left now lol, so i could always get tickets to the show in the pre-sale and then organise the trip/hotel in a month or so when i'm working over summer.

Any tips?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    how big is the place they will play ??
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited October 2009
    V V wrote:

Not sure, but about 20 times bigger then The Astoria I reckon.

(By the way, how fast were you guys to jump into this thread???)
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Not sure, but about 20 times bigger then The Astoria I reckon.

(By the way, how fast were you guys to jump into this thread???) Cool!!

hehe it's because i'm so tempted to go to this show! i can't decide though...will travel/hotel costs be more expensive nearer the time?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Think I'll wait to see if I get a ticket as presume pre-sale will only be a week away :confused:

Presume if any of us get locked out of the pre-sale that some people buying pairs will have a spare?

My internet connection at work isn't very quick.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    Think I'll wait to see if I get a ticket as presume pre-sale will only be a week away :confused:

Presume if any of us get locked out of the pre-sale that some people buying pairs will have a spare?

I'll be getting mine on the pre-sale so you can have my spare if you like.
    Chime wrote:

i'm in the same boat as you, so we should keep our eyes open for spares definitely!
    It seems a bit strange to book all of the flights/hotels before we have a ticket.

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    will travel/hotel costs be more expensive nearer the time?

most definitely... flights go up every time someone buys a seat... havent checked but i bet the Edinburgh-Dublin flight for that date has already shot up... I got it for £1.99 return though, plus taxes obviously!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:

what a gentleman :)

i'm banking on getting pre-sale tickets as well... if they go on sale Saturday i'm coming into work ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • you guys mind if an American joins ya?? :D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    most definitely... flights go up every time someone buys a seat... havent checked but i bet the Edinburgh-Dublin flight for that date has already shot up... I got it for £1.99 return though, plus taxes obviously!!

£1.99?!?! where do i sign up!!

where did you book that? and where are you getting the flight to exactly? I know Dublin but where exactly?

you guys mind if an American joins ya?? :D

Who....Eddie Vedder???
    £1.99?!?! where do i sign up!!

where did you book that? and where are you getting the flight to exactly? I know Dublin but where exactly?

juts said Dublin airport... its 6 miles from city centre i think.. about £3 on the bus.

yeah Ryanair.com... £31 return when you add in all the taxes, insurance, etc... but thats still £25 cheaper than it cost me to get to Londonium :cool:

Of course your welcome newagehippie. Where are you flying from??? America???

of course not..... bring cheerleaders though.... ohhh and cheap Chuck Taylors for us to buy from you ;) .... but mainly concentrate on the cheerleaders :)
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Yeah, mine was £40 including taxes too :D

I might be looking for a spare ticket too, if tickets go on sale Sat I'm going to be at my youngest's football tournament!!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • shanoshano Posts: 23
    V V wrote:

I believe the capacity is ca. 10,000

Here is some info on the venue http://www.thepoint.ie

sound quality can be hit or miss and the queues for beer, food and toilet facilities are a joke. cannot bring beer into main hall either. still after all those gripes I would crawl on my hands and knees there to see PJ....
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it"

George Bernard Shaw
    Byrnzie wrote:

Thanks. I'll be trying the pre-sale and then guess we can all come on here and find out who was/wasn't successful and hopefully get us all there.

What time are people landing in Dublin. I can get lots of different time flights in to Dublin cheaply at the mo but if several of us land close together we could share taxis to whichever poor hotel is getting landed with us all?!?
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    juts said Dublin airport... its 6 miles from city centre i think.. about £3 on the bus.

yeah Ryanair.com... £31 return when you add in all the taxes, insurance, etc... but thats still £25 cheaper than it cost me to get to Londonium :cool:

There's an Airbus or something for ten euros return, according to a website of a hotel I found.

Whats the score wwith the pre-sale, do you HAVE to buy two tix?

Got my flights for £1.99 one way, and .99 t'other. Plus taxes of course. 30 rips in total, Ryanair from Liverpool, land in Dublin at 730 am.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
    Chime wrote:
    Thanks. I'll be trying the pre-sale and then guess we can all come on here and find out who was/wasn't successful and hopefully get us all there.

What time are people landing in Dublin. I can get lots of different time flights in to Dublin cheaply at the mo but if several of us land close together we could share taxis to whichever poor hotel is getting landed with us all?!?

Only one viable option from Birmingham gets in at 9am - similar to Dunk...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    ... but mainly concentrate on the cheerleaders :)

Why am I not surprised at you Dunk ;)
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    Chime wrote:

You booking hotel before hand or winging it when you get there lik eme (no credit card to book deposit)?
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
    Chime wrote:

My plane leaves Stansted at 12:05pm and gets into Dublin at about 13:15pm. No doubt a few beers in O'Neils at Stansted before we leave.
    danmac wrote:
    You booking hotel before hand or winging it when you get there lik eme (no credit card to book deposit)?

I'll wait to see if I get a ticket then hopefully most of us can book into the same hotel like those that travelled to the Astoria did ?!?
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Of course your welcome newagehippie. Where are you flying from??? America???

Yes, flying out form the states, if I can make the arrangements with work and what not...
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Chime wrote:
    I'll wait to see if I get a ticket then hopefully most of us can book into the same hotel like those that travelled to the Astoria did ?!?

Yeah, sounds a good idea, maybe leave hotel til later as you might get better deal, it's flights where the prices go up...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Only one viable option from Birmingham gets in at 9am - similar to Dunk...

A woman needs her beauty sleep you know ... ;)

Will sort out plane and hotel IF I get a ticket :)
  • of course not..... bring cheerleaders though.... ohhh and cheap Chuck Taylors for us to buy from you ;) .... but mainly concentrate on the cheerleaders :)

how about cheerleaders with chucks on???
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Chime wrote:
    A woman needs her beauty sleep you know ... ;)

Not you surely ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    so it all seems pretty cheap right now! i'm very tempted to book a flight now but i shouldn't be spending any more money! my parents are paying for the shows for my 21st birthday present so i don't have to worry about tickets.

agh, i just don't know!
    Will it be GA at the Point?