Push Gift

The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So Mrs Fixer is expecting in a couple of months. I just found out that there is such a thing as a Push Gift that I'm responsible for. What do people usually give for this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    no idea but I had to post this link because I had no idea what it was to begin with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_present
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • My wife and I just had our second boy and I got her a little charm necklace with the initials of each, she loved it. I really don't think it is necessary to have a "push gift" but you should get her something to say thanks for having my baby, like gift cards to her favorite stores for some new clothes (she will want some) or a gift card to a nice salon or spa so she can get a massage or hair did
    you're god and you've got big hands
  • a necklace with the baby's birthstone in it. (if you have other little fixers, get theirs too)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    a necklace with the baby's birthstone in it. (if you have other little fixers, get theirs too)

I like this idea. This is our first

The spa thing is good too. She has been awesome, she deserves both.

Thanks!
  • The Fixer wrote:
    a necklace with the baby's birthstone in it. (if you have other little fixers, get theirs too)

I like this idea. This is our first

The spa thing is good too. She has been awesome, she deserves both.

Thanks!

congratulations! I think it's sweet to do a "push gift" I like that it is a gift for her, since baby shower gifts are traditionally for the baby.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    What a crock of shit.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    What a crock of shit.
    this oughta be good.

Do tell Ziggy, why?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    What a crock of shit.

I agree, but you have to pick your battles.
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    What a crock of shit.
    this oughta be good.

Do tell Ziggy, why?

I just don't agree with it....more materialistic crap....isn't your baby enough of a present?

Fuck, all I want is a baby....I can go buy myself a fucking necklace....it doesn't mean anything....it's just another bullshit thing for chicks to demand and then get their nose out of joint about.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    What a crock of shit.
    this oughta be good.

Do tell Ziggy, why?

I just don't agree with it....more materialistic crap....isn't your baby enough of a present?

Fuck, all I want is a baby....I can go buy myself a fucking necklace....it doesn't mean anything....it's just another bullshit thing for chicks to demand and then get their nose out of joint about.
    I get your point. Hope it works out for you to have a little ziglet of your own. If you do become so fortunate, let us know your stance AFTER you've given birth, eh? ;)

Gift card to a spa sounds nice.

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited August 2011
    The Fixer needs a pull gift
    that's it...
    starting me a thread
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I've never heard of this. Although hubby brought me a fleece and hat when our son was born - but it was christmas.
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I get your point. Hope it works out for you to have a little ziglet of your own. If you do become so fortunate, let us know your stance AFTER you've given birth, eh? ;)

My stance will be the same....believe me.
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    congrats to you both. may you all have a wonderful life together.

i should gave you that pull thread, dude.
    (edit time)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I have to agree with Ziggy on this one.....What a crock o Shit!

Congrats to both of you though. Childbirth is truly a blessing.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Congrats and i as a Father/husband was very happy to get my wife a nice gift after the birth of both of our kids :) leave it to Ziggy not to Agree with this :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I don't understand the issue with the gift thing. it's not a demand, is it? i thought the Fixer wanted to get ms. fixer something nice after she pooped out the lil fixer. it doesn't have to break the bank. maybe just a nice way of saying thank you (like my hubbie did)

its not like if you don't get her something it's going to be this horrible faux pas.

are you as opposed to mother/father's day gifts too?
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I don't understand the issue with the gift thing. it's not a demand, is it? i thought the Fixer wanted to get ms. fixer something nice after she pooped out the lil fixer. it doesn't have to break the bank. maybe just a nice way of saying thank you (like my hubbie did)

its not like if you don't get her something it's going to be this horrible faux pas.

Agreed. I don't think its that big of deal. If my girl gets knocked up, carries it around for 9 months then pushes a living being out of her whoha, I don't think giving her a small gift to say "hey thanks babe, and good job" is such a big deal.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    I don't understand the issue with the gift thing. it's not a demand, is it? i thought the Fixer wanted to get ms. fixer something nice after she pooped out the lil fixer. it doesn't have to break the bank. maybe just a nice way of saying thank you (like my hubbie did)

Agreed. I don't think its that big of deal. If my girl gets knocked up, carries it around for 9 months then pushes a living being out of her whoha, I don't think giving her a small gift to say "hey thanks babe, and good job" is such a big deal.

this is pretty much how I feel about it. I wasn't aware of the push gift thing and there certainly weren't any ultimatums laid out for me. If it was a requirement I would feel differently about this. I am not a big fan of being told what to do.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    The best gift I can think of is being a helpful partner when the baby wakes up in the middle of the night and mom is tired. Promise to be a helpful dad and that'd be a huge gift!

I agree with Ziggy. Who needs another piece of jewelry? What about something more useful like love and help with a crying bundle?! ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    i never gave a push gift, but my wife wanted a baby charm for her pandora bracelet so I gave her that pretty soon after the baby came.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    justam wrote:
    The best gift I can think of is being a helpful partner when the baby wakes up in the middle of the night and mom is tired. Promise to be a helpful dad and that'd be a huge gift!
    I agree with this! If I go through 9 months of feeling sick and achey, peeing all the time and sleeping like crap he can do all nighttime feedings and diaper changes for the first 9 months 8-):mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    RW81233 wrote:
    i never gave a push gift, but my wife wanted a baby charm for her pandora bracelet so I gave her that pretty soon after the baby came.

she does have one of those bracelets, so that's another idea. I kinda like the birthstone idea.
    The Fixer wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

this is pretty much how I feel about it. I wasn't aware of the push gift thing and there certainly weren't any ultimatums laid out for me. If it was a requirement I would feel differently about this. I am not a big fan of being told what to do.

Oh, and btw, congratulations!
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:

hahahahaa i had never heard of a push gift. but, i still think it's sweet of a dude to want to do it. not as a requirement - just as an admission that your lady friend had a small melon pressing on her bladder for more than 9 months and then had to try to squish that sucker out of a hole that can, at best accommodate a large grapefruit. I am thinking a trip to getting my cho-cha waxed nice and perty (as apposed to the bizarre shave job) and maybe a soak in mineral mud would have been a nice "thanks, fipsy"

my hubbie grinned like a fool, said "man that looked horrible" and then cracked my toes (I actually like that, so it was good) i am going to tell him that he gave me a pretty awesome push gift.

I prefer his pull gift tho.
    justam wrote:
    I agree with this! If I go through 9 months of feeling sick and achey, peeing all the time and sleeping like crap he can do all nighttime breastfeedings and diaper changes for the first 9 months 8-):mrgreen:
    fixed :mrgreen:

mickeyrat wrote:
    justam wrote:
    I agree with this! If I go through 9 months of feeling sick and achey, peeing all the time and sleeping like crap he can do all nighttime breastfeedings and diaper changes for the first 9 months 8-):mrgreen:
    fixed :mrgreen:
    :lol::sick::lol:

justam wrote:
    I agree with this! If I go through 9 months of feeling sick and achey, peeing all the time and sleeping like crap he can do all nighttime feedings and diaper changes for the first 9 months 8-):mrgreen:

I guess I just figure all that is a given. Silly me.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    justam wrote:

I guess I just figure all that is a given. Silly me.
    How you doin'? ;) I like the way you think 8-) Sadly from what I've seen it is not often a given

• tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    justam wrote:

I agree with Ziggy. Who needs another piece of jewelry? What about something more useful like love and help with a crying bundle?! ;)

I agree with both of you! I didn't get push gifts but my hubby did take over all the cooking for the first 3 months both times and did the late night feedings. I personally would rather my husband spend time with me than money.
    all you need is love, love is all you need