Options

My horrible retail experience of the week...

Cradles Broken GlassCradles Broken Glass Posts: 1,409
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok, so I'm sure this will seem somewhat trite, but it's one of those things that is still just nagging at me. A couple of days ago I went into a boutique type store that I like to shop at a lot. I first went to the 30% off rack b/c I love a good deal and found the cutest dress. I tried it on and it fit. Now, I was just killing a couple of minutes so I didn't have anything with me to purchase it so I asked them to hold it, knowing I had an appointment in town the next day. So, the next day I'm in town and I call the store to tell them I'm on my way to pick it up (I really wanted that dress) and to make sure that they don't put it back, they said no problem. Ok, so about an hour later I walk into the store and immediately see the second item I asked them to hold on the rack. So, I calmly (already know what had probably happened and knowing that my dress I adored was not on that rack) approached an associate. It turns out it was the girl I spoke with on the phone and she went to get it out of the back. So, I notice her come back out and ask the two other girls if they had put anything back. I described it to them and there was a girl trying it on the dressing room. After waiting, honest to God, 45 minutes for that girl to try on clothes in the dressing room, the girl bought the dress. So, I stand in this store another good hour and a half while they call other stores to find another dress. This ate up damn near two hours of my day, but in the end they found another one and ordered it for me. So, all through this I was very nice to the girls, they were apologetic, and it worked to fix their mistake. However, while I was walking out of the store, I turned around and saw the girl that screwed it up int he first place (she didn't tell anyone else not to put it back) rolling her eyes and gritting her teeth at one of the other girls. I just kept on walking out of the store, but it just pissed me off. The whole experience was annoying beyond words and if I hadn't really wanted the dress I would have said screw it a long time ago. So, it really just rubbed me the wrong way that she rolled her eyes at me when I know that most other customers would not have been as understanding as me and after that wasted almost two hours of my day. Anyway, it just bugs me that people working in customer service first off drops the ball and than rolls their eyes at a patient and understanding customer who spends a fair amount of money in that store. Well, that is my rant.
Hearts and thoughts they fade....
fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Sorry for your experience. However when I read the title of the thread I was expecting another story about ordering some merch from the Ten Club!! :)
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,913
    That really sucks! That sales associate sounds very juvenile. I really believe that you should print out your original post and send it the company's head office. You don't have to name names, specific location, etc. if you don't wan to, but it's important that your voice is heard. Customer service right now can be the difference between a company surviving and going under in the current environment. Good luck with your dress, hope it looks awesome when you get it :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I would take it back.

Then return half an hour later and buy it again, then return it.

And then buy it again. And when you buy it the last time calmly explain that THIS is a good reason to roll your bitch eyes, not having to fix a screw up with the "hold" part of the customer service. Then with a HUGE grin...leave that store and dont go back.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I would take it back.

And then buy it again. And when you buy it the last time calmly explain that THIS is a good reason to roll your bitch eyes, not having to fix a screw up with the "hold" part of the customer service. Then with a HUGE grin...leave that store and dont go back.

***like***like***like***

-how the heck are you failedpersephone? been a long time!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    We went to dinner last night. Beer was listed at 4.50, bill had 5.00. I crossed out the five and put in the list price. Left the reciept on the beer menu with an arrow to the list price. Then sent the website a note about it today. Fuckers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Ok, glad to know that I'm not just being sensitive. She was a young girl, but definitely old enough to know better. I've been trying to decide if I should contact customer service. I really like the clothes in that store and since I'm in a small town, it's the only one. So, I don't have much of a choice if I want to shop that style b/c there is not a whole lot to choose from, but I have to say that customer service at that store is hot and cold at best. It is a store who's style is reminiscent of Anthropologie, but we don't have one of those here. However, I can drive 45 min to Memphis and not have to deal with crappy service and go to Anthropologie. I think they try to keep a "young" vibe by hiring younger girls to work there, but that may not be the best thing if they can't handle customers. I'm not saying it's all younger people, because I've always taken whatever job I had seriously and a lot of young kids do, but maybe they need some "guidance" in the store.

Also, when I say young, I'm talking about college age. I'm 27 so I still consider myself to be young, but I know how much I've matured since my late teen to early 20s.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    We went to dinner last night. Beer was listed at 4.50, bill had 5.00. I crossed out the five and put in the list price. Left the reciept on the beer menu with an arrow to the list price. Then sent the website a note about it today. Fuckers

Last week I bought a show poster from LA LA Land Posters (Artist: Kii Arens)....the poster was listed at $40 on the site but when I put it in my cart to purchase, it charged at $50 + $4.88 in taxes and another $10 for shipping. I went ahead with the purchase as it was an awesome poster, a gift for one of my best friends for her birthday. When I got my paypal receipt, there was an email address for questions or concerns. I emailed the addy and it turned out to be Kii himself that answered me. We set up a PICK UP for me as I needed the poster asap to give that night at dinner (and he also said he'd give me the $10 bucks back). Turned out, i couldn't get over to his place to pick up the poster before the birthday dinner. I emailed him the following monday (last monday).........as luck would have it, he was going to be at the QOTSA show that night (he did the poster for that nights show) as was I........so we exchanged numbers and he hand delivered the poster that I ordered, to me!! AND.....he also gave me a signed QOTSA poster for that nights show!! Now that is good customer service!! Very Happy!!

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    PJPixie wrote:
    81 wrote:

Last week I bought a show poster from LA LA Land Posters (Artist: Kii Arens)....the poster was listed at $40 on the site but when I put it in my cart to purchase, it charged at $50 + $4.88 in taxes and another $10 for shipping. I went ahead with the purchase as it was an awesome poster, a gift for one of my best friends for her birthday. When I got my paypal receipt, there was an email address for questions or concerns. I emailed the addy and it turned out to be Kii himself that answered me. We set up a PICK UP for me as I needed the poster asap to give that night at dinner (and he also said he'd give me the $10 bucks back). Turned out, i couldn't get over to his place to pick up the poster before the birthday dinner. I emailed him the following monday (last monday).........as luck would have it, he was going to be at the QOTSA show that night (he did the poster for that nights show) as was I........so we exchanged numbers and he hand delivered the poster that I ordered, to me!! AND.....he also gave me a signed QOTSA poster for that nights show!! Now that is good customer service!! Very Happy!!

Sounds like a great guy. I just looked at his website. WWW.lalalandposters.com He has great stuff! I am gonna buy some of his posters right away.......everyody else should do the same! :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:
    81 wrote:

Sounds like a great guy. I just looked at his website. http://WWW.lalalandposters.com He has great stuff! I am gonna buy some of his posters right away.......everyody else should do the same! :)

You should!! He is awesome!!! :);)

• Options
    Well, PJPixie, since you vouch for him, I will buy one of everything!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    He may just give you a special deal!!! :D

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Hey!! I thought you were at LA RISING?? What gives??

sorry to hi-jack this thread...................

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Hey!! I thought you were at LA RISING?? What gives??

sorry to hi-jack this thread...................

Well, speaking of horrible retail services, my father-in-law was hospitalized (not serious....was avoidable), so we are in SD. We started to drive back for the show, but after a few miles, the wife couldn't decide whether or not we should stay in SD, so I made her mind up for her.

I gave the tickets away to a few kids in La Jolla.
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    I would take it back.

***like***like***like***

I am good, always tired but happy with the boy... It has been a while, but I should be wastin time here more regularly again

Thread integrity:
    I have actually returned and repurchased something (shoes from a snotty bitch with bad hair) because she was totally pissy about having to figure out how to recredit a gift card purchase. I bought and returned the shoes four times before my dude asked me to stop...wimp. Hahaha
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    I would take it back.

***like***like***like***

I am good, always tired but happy with the boy... It has been a while, but I should be wastin time here more regularly again

Thread integrity:
    I have actually returned and repurchased something (shoes from a snotty bitch with bad hair) because she was totally pissy about having to figure out how to recredit a gift card purchase. I bought and returned the shoes four times before my dude asked me to stop...wimp. Hahaha

bwahahahhahahah, that is hilarious!! I've never worked retail. I'd be terrible at it. I would be a terrible waitress too..........

• Options
    I worked retail, and as a waitress. I sucked at both, but I was always pleasant.