Options

Best Place to Eat in Toronto before the show

KrazyhorseKrazyhorse Posts: 27
edited June 2011 in The Porch
The best part of pre-gaming a Pearl Jam concert is deciding on where to eat.

Last year I went to Panini's in Cleveland and the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.

Any suggestions for Toronto?

Ottawa?

Montreal?
Those ignorant Indians got nothing on me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    edited June 2011
    I am very serious when I say this. No joke.
    The best place to eat Italian in Toronto is a placed called TERRONI
    http://terroni.com/

On the left side of the site it says QUEEN. Click there. That is Queen for Queen street (West) in Toronto.
    I think it's on Adelaide St E also but I don't know that street well. A map is on the site. Ya-ya!

Try and hit this place when you're in Toronto. You won't regret it.

Reserve because it is usually packed and if they don't take reservations, get there early. Great backyard patio.
    Also, it is easy to miss. It is on the North side of Queen. If you have hit the starbucks on the next corner heading West, then you've gone to far. :D

http://terroni.com/Food
    Click on the food photo's. Heaven!
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Read about the Black Hoof in Toronto, it looks great.
  • Options
    qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    eddiec wrote:
    Read about the Black Hoof in Toronto, it looks great.

The Black Hoof is great! Expect to wait for about an hour to get a table, they dont take reservations.
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
  • Options
    rodentrodent Posts: 133
    Sneaky Dee's has THE best nachos in Toronto (order the Kings Crown). Great crowd & music too.
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    bring a sandwich from the U.S.! :lol:
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    edited June 2011
    rodent wrote:
    Sneaky Dee's has THE best nachos in Toronto (order the Kings Crown). Great crowd & music too.

+1

The burrito rocks also.
    The place is at Bathurst & College. You can't miss it :lol:
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Krazyhorse wrote:

Last year I went to Panini's in Cleveland and the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.

Any suggestions for Toronto?

Ottawa?

Montreal?

I was actually going to suggest the Anchor Bar but that's a little far for the preconcerrt meal.
  • Options
    Montreal...http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/index_eng.html

Schwartzs deli is a must in Montreal. 80 years of smoked meat sandwich history in every bite!!!
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Montreal...http://www.schwartzsdeli.com/index_eng.html

Schwartzs deli is a must in Montreal. 80 years of smoked meat sandwich history in every bite!!!
    I'd do lunch there... Dinner, I really like Winston Churchills.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    rodent wrote:

The King's Crown is quite awesome - possibly the greatest plate of nachoes I've ever had - however I do refer to the place as Sneaky Disease for reason. ;)

I highly recommend The Three Brewers on Younge, the food is pretty good, and the beer is freaking awesome... so so so good...

man I remember the Anchor bar... that place was awesome...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    what type of food do you like? ... and what is your budget?
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    Krazyhorse wrote:

Ottawa?

I've never been there but there is a "Crazy Horse" restaurant in Kanata very close to the venue...that would seem to be a natural fit :-)
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    Krazyhorse wrote:

Montreal?

Nickels on Rue St. Catherine! :P

j/k. It was my very first restaurant I tried when I visited Montreal many year's back. It was pretty good. Later did I find out it was operated? by Celine Dion. :|
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Fatal wrote:
    Krazyhorse wrote:

Ottawa?

I've never been there but there is a "Crazy Horse" restaurant in Kanata very close to the venue...that would seem to be a natural fit :-)
    I've heard its so-so.

Baton Rouge is nice, nothing out of the ordinary but the food's good.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    Before The Elephant & Castle opened just a few year's back here in Halifax, it was my favorite place to eat in Toronto. There's also this amazing place in Greek Town that I love going to. Don't remember the name of the joint. It's a block down the street of Greek City Music, I think.

As for Ottawa, never been there before. It will be the first this September! :)
  • Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    Fuzion in Toronto

Lafayette in Montreal...mmmm...poutine.
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    I've heard its so-so.

Baton Rouge is nice, nothing out of the ordinary but the food's good.

Hmmmm Baton Rouge ribs......
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    Mookie25Mookie25 Seattle Posts: 58
    I'm not a local by any means, but just spent a week in Toronto for work. I definitely enjoyed Earls (150 King Street West) and Rodney's Oyster House (469 King St. West). Both excellent food and atmosphere.

http://www.earls.ca
    http://rodneysoysterhouse.com/toronto/
    "Said he'll see me on the flip side"

Toledo 96 ◘ Columbus 00 ◘ Pittsburgh 00 ◘ Cleveland 03 ◘ Pittsburgh 03 ◘ Alpine Valley 03 ◘ Noblesville 03 ◘ Columbus 03 ◘ Toledo 04 VFC ◘ London, ON 05 ◘ Cleveland 06 ◘ Philly I & II 06 ◘ Cincinnati 06 ◘ VIC 07 ◘ MSG II 08 ◘ EV Memphis 09 ◘ Columbus 10 ◘ Cleveland 10 ◘ EV Boston 11 ◘ PJ20 ◘ Wrigley Field 13 ◘ Buffalo 13 ◘ Detroit 14 ◘ Louisville BNB 22 ◘ Noblesville 23 (24)?