Options

What in the world........?

THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,677
edited May 2011 in The Porch
Been a interesting day. Got my Ed order refunded from the ten club and went to Best Buy with my nice 7.99 coupon. Just saw the Cant Keep video...what in the world...Eddie on a cliff island in the middle of the ocean singing with a helicopter flying over his head. Then I was looking at the pics inside the cd for uke songs and Ed is in a neck tie. WTF. Then Ed is got a Uke in front of his face and then hes jumpin off a rock. Is this a happy Ed promoting himself and doing videos? Im speechless right now. Its too much. And what is hey Fuhkah...interesting little tid bits on the cd....ring ring...helllo.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options

Q: You’ve reissued the first three Pearl Jam albums in the last couple years. Can you still relate to the guy who wrote those songs? In some ways it sounds like you’ve left part of that guy behind.

A: I had a long talk with Bruce Springsteen on a rooftop during the Vote for Change tour (in 2004). And it boiled down to this: That guy you used to be, he’s still in the car. He’ll always be in the car. Just don’t let him drive. He might be shouting out directions. But whatever you do, don’t let him get behind the wheel.
    Seek my part, devote myself..
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323

Q: You’ve reissued the first three Pearl Jam albums in the last couple years. Can you still relate to the guy who wrote those songs? In some ways it sounds like you’ve left part of that guy behind.

A: I had a long talk with Bruce Springsteen on a rooftop during the Vote for Change tour (in 2004). And it boiled down to this: That guy you used to be, he’s still in the car. He’ll always be in the car. Just don’t let him drive. He might be shouting out directions. But whatever you do, don’t let him get behind the wheel.

:clap::clap::clap: :-D
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Been a interesting day. Got my Ed order refunded from the ten club and went to Best Buy with my nice 7.99 coupon. Just saw the Cant Keep video...what in the world...Eddie on a cliff island in the middle of the ocean singing with a helicopter flying over his head. Then I was looking at the pics inside the cd for uke songs and Ed is in a neck tie. WTF. Then Ed is got a Uke in front of his face and then hes jumpin off a rock. Is this a happy Ed promoting himself and doing videos? Im speechless right now. Its too much. And what is hey Fuhkah...interesting little tid bits on the cd....ring ring...helllo.....

I'm kind of with you on this. I heard some of the uke songs and I just can't get into it. I'm sorry, I just can't listen to Eddie Vedder playing a ukulele for an entire album.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

I'm kind of with you on this. I heard some of the uke songs and I just can't get into it. I'm sorry, I just can't listen to Eddie Vedder playing a ukulele for an entire album.

It does seem like a bit much after one listen. I kept expecting to hear that Somewhere Over the Rainbow cover that that Hawaiiain guy did a while back and has since been everyone's wedding song ever, lol
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Flagg wrote:

My understanding of the original post was that it was more to do with the presentation than the music....
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Mikee J wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

My understanding of the original post was that it was more to do with the presentation than the music....

Probably.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319

a great quote

that makes sense
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    edited May 2011

a great quote

that makes sense

If I let "that person" drive my car all the time...I would have crashed by now....
    Post edited by ShimmyMommy on
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078

if I let "that person" drive my car all the time...I would have crashed by now....
    exactly. people act like they haven't changed in the last 20 years..
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    KT21846KT21846 Posts: 3
    You mentioned an ED order refund? Did I miss something? I'm waiting for my ten club order of the CD and DVD to come today, and still nothing?
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745

if I let "that person" drive my car all the time...I would have crashed by now....

Exactly. Ed is allowed change too. Just like each and everyone of us. Change can be hard but change can be good too.

I don't think of this as change though really, it's more like expanding. Ed will always be Ed. I''m thankful that we have such a diverse Ed personally.

I love this album. This man is truly, truly talented.

PJ and Ed are available in some form or another to suit all my moods with change such as this. As I grow older, and it seems Ed may feel this way too, "calm" is very, very good.
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Gvn2fly wrote:

Exactly. Ed is allowed change too. Just like each and everyone of us. Change can be hard but change can be good too.

I don't think of this as change though really, it's more like expanding. Ed will always be Ed. I''m thankful that we have such a diverse Ed personally.

PJ and Ed are available in some form or another to suit all my moods with change such as this. As I grow older, and it seems Ed may feel this way too, "calm" is very, very good.

If we never changed, we would never know the value of life. Change is the only constant...go with the flow...it's best way.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    Gvn2fly wrote:

If we never changed, we would never know the value of life. Change is the only constant...go with the flow...it's best way.

agree with all of this ^
  • Options

Good advice.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.