Options

PEOPLE WORK FAN CLUB!

giventofly93giventofly93 Posts: 5
edited October 2011 in The Porch
Do they realize we all work in order to actually be able to afford to go to these shows, buy posters, put a roof over my families head, buy every little thing they put in the goods section. Can I bill them for my time. Over 6 hours yesterday, 3 1/2 hours today, now it is off-line and they want to take another day out of my life to do this all over again. Not going to talk figures, but I make well over 6 figures a year and my clients would agree I'm not cheap, and my time is very valuable. This next sale needs to be on a sunday morning est sorry all you west coasters, but you might have to get up early and watch the sunrise.

Thanks
Bluehoon
I'm on my cousins Log In!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Katie 69Katie 69 Posts: 124
    using someone elses account . whats wrong did you get banned . :?:
  • Options
    boo hoo. go take your 6 figures and get tix elsewhere.
    a wise man investigates what a fool passes by

4/26/03 - pittsburgh
    4/28/03 - philly
    7/05/03 - camden
    7/12/03 - hershey
    5/28/06 - camden
    5/20/10 - msg
    5/21/10 - msg
    6/25/11 - upper darby - EV
  • Options
    jg1988jg1988 Posts: 181
    People disgust me...its a concert! Luckily you make 6 figures...this seems so inappropriate to complain about when hundreds of people are homeless or dead in Missouri.
  • Options
    JB183385JB183385 Posts: 47
    I couldn't agree more! I booked a vacation day yesterday just to get in on the presale. Was tremendously disappointed when it got pushed back to today, but improvised and faked a headache at noon to make it home for the 2pm sale. Now I'm told we'll get 2 hours notice (on yet another work day!) before the sale goes back on! :roll:
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    It is ultimately each and every fan's choice to try (or not) for the tickets. I would guess that 10C wants a smooth pre-sale just as much as we do as members. Unfortunately with the demand, that did not happen. More so than any other fan club I've seen or been a part of, they do care and go out of their way to help which is why I'll always be appreciative of their efforts.
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    edited May 2011
    jg1988 wrote:
    People disgust me...its a concert! Luckily you make 6 figures...this seems so inappropriate to complain about when hundreds of people are homeless or dead in Missouri.
    i get people are upset. i really do. i spent 11 hours trying for tickets, i know how frustrating it is. but there will be extras and ticketmaster. everyone just needs to chill the fuck out.

oh, and if people are that upset about losing money because they didn't go to work, pearl jam didn't force you to do that. ultimately you decided to miss work. there will ALWAYS be extras. ALWAYS!!! and ticketmaster. ultimately YOU decided pearl jam>work.
    Post edited by washedinblack91 on
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    making 6 figures? and you don't have a PA that can do that for you?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Jstein1978Jstein1978 Posts: 548
    T-MInus.....until locked
  • Options
    pedalbreakpedalbreak Posts: 138
    boo hoo. go take your 6 figures and get tix elsewhere.
    +1 you're not finding any sympathy here
  • Options
    PontikasPontikas Posts: 210
    Not going to talk figures, but I make well over 6 figures a year and my clients would agree I'm not cheap, and my time is very valuable.

In that case, if you were smart you would hire someone to sit in front of the computer and buy the tickets for you while you were at work.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,727
    Do they realize we all work in order to actually be able to afford to go to these shows, buy posters, put a roof over my families head, buy every little thing they put in the goods section. Can I bill them for my time. Over 6 hours yesterday, 3 1/2 hours today, now it is off-line and they want to take another day out of my life to do this all over again. Not going to talk figures, but I make well over 6 figures a year and my clients would agree I'm not cheap, and my time is very valuable. This next sale needs to be on a sunday morning est sorry all you west coasters, but you might have to get up early and watch the sunrise.

Thanks
    Bluehoon

Well I don't make nearly as much money as you do. But......

226492_10150596885395062_594680061_18252284_4204909_n.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Pretty sure, everyone's time is valuable to themselves...
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    this post should win
    for the category of
    Best Unintentional Irony By An OP on the Porch 2011

woop woop
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    kasedoug wrote:
    It is ultimately each and every fan's choice to try (or not) for the tickets. I would guess that 10C wants a smooth pre-sale just as much as we do as members. Unfortunately with the demand, that did not happen. More so than any other fan club I've seen or been a part of, they do care and go out of their way to help which is why I'll always be appreciative of their efforts.

it's not the demand per se, it's inadequate servers.
    while anyone shut out would be disappointed, it's the fact that the site crashes and people can't access..it gets rescheduled...and rescheduled...how is one with a job supposed to work around this? THAT is the issue. i AM most appreciative of their efforts, but to not be able to see some fault here, well, it's blindness. alpine was a disaster...canada got postponed....now it's getting postponed AGAIN. most cannot manage this. just suck it up and use TM or whomever to accommodate your fans already. i'd rather be shut out in half an hour than still clueless at this point. and who knows, may STILL need more time for the public onsale if shut out, again.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I'm a social worker and I work hard for the children and family's I serve. I work 10 to 12 hour days. I make well under 40k. I got tickets.
  • Options
    I'm a social worker and I work hard for the children and family's I serve. I work 10 to 12 hour days. I make well under 40k. I got tickets.

Is it possible that the server is taking so long because 10C is screening all hits on its server against a massive-intra-database collection of information, and only processing orders by those with Sub-6-figure incomes, starting with the most lowly, and working up to the 100k cap?

I think so!

:D
  • Options
    NoCode_1NoCode_1 Posts: 44
    Hey this 5 figure guy got
    tickets.

T-1 line

[url=Http://secure]Http://secure[/url] etc

Safari

F5 like a mofo
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

Is it possible that the server is taking so long because 10C is screening all hits on its server against a massive-intra-database collection of information, and only processing orders by those with Sub-6-figure incomes, starting with the most lowly, and working up to the 100k cap?

I think so!

:D

well, i was an educator for 10 years and am currently unemployed, yet...ticketless.
    so i think not.
    :P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,430

I thought we weren't gonna talk figures!

:)
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    this is like an aa meeting. this could be fun!

hi im chris i make 5 figures and i didn't get tickets.
  • Options
    NoCode_1 wrote:
    Hey this 5 figure guy got
    tickets.

T-1 line

[url=Http://secure]Http://secure[/url] etc

Safari

F5 like a mofo

haxor!
    :P
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    CH156378 wrote:

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Nope, I was trying to get my cousin tickets today for the Ottawa show. I have my PJ20 Tickets. Thats why I said who I was. Considering my cousin lives in the stone age and wont get a cell phone let alone stand near a computer. I signed him up for the Fan Club last year for his BirthDay Sept 17th 2010, and he asked me the other day I thought you said I'd get some deep news letter and a Christmas Single. I just laughed and said of it's probably in the mail, long way to NY. Don't really bitch much, but either way I'll be F5ing tomorrow.

If anyone is going to the Ottawa show on Sept 15th my camp is on the St Lawrence river in the U.S in Ogdensburg, about a 3 minute drive from the Bridge. It's about a 45 minute ride to Ottawa. Come party,do some fishing, knee Boarding, tubing maybe get the smoker going!
    Katie14 wrote:
    using someone elses account . whats wrong did you get banned . :?:
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    CH156378 wrote:

you, sir, have made me lol
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Well, I am not going to talk figures either, but I drive a Kia.

I am going to EV and PJ20...

However, I could be willing to lose my membership for 7 figures.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075

Thanks
    Bluehoon

Well I don't make nearly as much money as you do. But......

226492_10150596885395062_594680061_18252284_4204909_n.jpg

<3awesome<3
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Do they realize we all work in order to actually be able to afford to go to these shows, buy posters, put a roof over my families head, buy every little thing they put in the goods section.

This sentence makes no sense. "we" do not work to put a roof over your families head. You do. Please consider re-writing it!
    Can I bill them for my time.

Is this an interrogative sentence? It reads like one, but they are followed by question marks! A little known fact is that Dr. Evil's father invented question marks!!!

dr_evil_laser3.jpg
    Over 6 hours yesterday, 3 1/2 hours today, now it is off-line and they want to take another day out of my life to do this all over again.

They don't want to take another day out of your life. You volunteered it! Since you're worth so much money that means they are now rich! Thanks!

Oh, wait! You haven't gotten to that part yet!
    Not going to talk figures, but I make well over 6 figures a year and my clients would agree I'm not cheap, and my time is very valuable.

There it is! Awesome! It's great that you make that much money! Wait... it is money, right? You don't mean that you make six figurines each year, do you? Because if you do you are a rich man!

See, here are seven which I am sharing with the whole board! Now we are all rich!!!

hummel.jpg
    This next sale needs to be on a sunday morning est sorry all you west coasters, but you might have to get up early and watch the sunrise.

So after all of your emotional expression the "solution" you came up with was to intentionally put other people out so that you could benefit at their expense? Amazing! Your humane grasp of problem solving clarifies why you make well over six figures a year!
    Thanks
    Bluehoon

You're welcome, Bluehoon I'm on my cousins Log In! That's quite a username, btw!

As Eleanor Roosevelt used to say, Excelsior!

eleanor-roosevelt.jpg

Preemptively, I sincerely apologize for taking the piss out of you. I just thought we could all use a laugh.

Seriously though, how much money you make has no bearing on what kind of person you are. Much the same way that get tickets to a concert doesn't make you more of a fan than another. There are much more important things in the world. Why did you even bring it up?
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    I will admit that gave me a good laugh.

1 Question:
    You're welcome, Bluehoon I'm on my cousins Log In! That's quite a username! BTW

What do you mean?
    HeavyHands wrote:
    Do they realize we all work in order to actually be able to afford to go to these shows, buy posters, put a roof over my families head, buy every little thing they put in the goods section.

This sentence makes no sense. "we" do not work to put a roof over your families head. You do. Please consider re-writing it!
    Can I bill them for my time.

Is this an interrogative sentence? It reads like one, but they are followed by question marks! A little known fact is that Dr. Evil's father invented question marks!!!

dr_evil_laser3.jpg
    Over 6 hours yesterday, 3 1/2 hours today, now it is off-line and they want to take another day out of my life to do this all over again.

They don't want to take another day out of your life. You volunteered it! Since you're worth so much money that means they are now rich! Thanks!

Oh, wait! You haven't gotten to that part yet!

There it is! Awesome! It's great that you make that much money! Wait... it is money, right? You don't mean that you make six figurines each year, do you? Because if you do you are a rich man!

See, here are seven which I am sharing with the whole board! Now we are all rich!!!

hummel.jpg
    This next sale needs to be on a sunday morning est sorry all you west coasters, but you might have to get up early and watch the sunrise.

So after all of your emotional expression the "solution" you came up with was to intentionally put other people out so that you could benefit at their expense? Amazing! Your humane grasp of problem solving clarifies why you make well over six figures a year!
    Thanks
    Bluehoon

, btYou're welcome, Bluehoon I'm on my cousins Log In! That's quite a usernamew!

As Eleanor Roosevelt used to say, Excelsior!

eleanor-roosevelt.jpg

Preemptively, I sincerely apologize for taking the piss out of you. I just thought we could all use a laugh.

Seriously though, how much money you make has no bearing on what kind of person you are. Much the same way that get tickets to a concert doesn't make you more of a fan than another. There are much more important things in the world. Why did you even bring it up?
This discussion has been closed.