Saturday b4 the big Monday

RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
edited May 2011 in The Porch
I brewing a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale clone listening to Santa Barbara 06, and Katowice 00. The smell of fresh brewing Ale and killer PJ tunes are soothing. I am not stressed about Monday, bring it on. Enjoy life and love the ones your with.

Cannot wait to see you comprades in AV.

RFTC
San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
Dallas-November 2013
OKC-November 2013
ACL 2-October 2014
Fenway Night 1, August 2016
Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    ok, what is everyone else up to this beautiful day?
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Being bored and wasting too much time on this damn message board :lol:

Today was a good day though honestly. I spent the morning and afternoon at the baseball and soccer fields with my kids, and we're headed to the park here soon for movie in the park night. We're watching The Goonies!
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *

Today was a good day though honestly. I spent the morning and afternoon at the baseball and soccer fields with my kids, and we're headed to the park here soon for movie in the park night. We're watching The Goonies!

you must have 6-8 year olds?

i have a 6 year old girl, girl scouts, cheerleading, swimming, aye carumba!
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
  • P-JamP-Jam Posts: 807
    RFTC wrote:
    I brewing a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale clone listening to Santa Barbara 06, and Katowice 00. The smell of fresh brewing Ale and killer PJ tunes are soothing. I am not stressed about Monday, bring it on. Enjoy life and love the ones your with.

RFTC

Hey, a fellow homebrewer! I'm actually going to be bottling my Sam Adams Noble Pils clone either tonight or tomorrow! While sipping on my Juniper-Ginger Pale Ale.

Lovin life man. What its all about! CHEERS TO ALPINE!!!
    P-Jam wrote:
    RFTC wrote:

RFTC

Hey, a fellow homebrewer! I'm actually going to be bottling my Sam Adams Noble Pils clone either tonight or tomorrow! While sipping on my Juniper-Ginger Pale Ale.

are you going to the gig? i would love to meet up w/some home brew peeps and trade brews. that of course is secondary. but on that note, i was going to brew a pj20 brew, something summer-esque maybe a wheat brew w/orange, or honey type overtones?

off he goes is playing, i freaking love this song...
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    RFTC wrote:

I have a 5 and a 9 year old, both boys.

Man you guys are making me want to go grab a beer now. I've always wanted to try homebrewing but I never really knew where to start, other than buying a Mr. Beer kit or something like that.
    RFTC wrote:
    P-Jam wrote:
    RFTC wrote:

RFTC

are you going to the gig? i would love to meet up w/some home brew peeps and trade brews. that of course is secondary. but on that note, i was going to brew a pj20 brew, something summer-esque maybe a wheat brew w/orange, or honey type overtones?

off he goes is playing, i freaking love this song...
    I am defenitely going!!! and yes it would be cool to meet up. I'm thinking my next couple batches will be a Honey Brown Ale & an IPA aged with Maine grown cedar. Whatever I make, I'm sure I'll bring along.
    RFTC wrote:

I have a 5 and a 9 year old, both boys.

Man you guys are making me want to go grab a beer now. I've always wanted to try homebrewing but I never really knew where to start, other than buying a Mr. Beer kit or something like that.
    I recommend looking around to see if there are any specialty brewing stores in your area. It is the best way to go, they can help you with any or all steps of the process, and provide you with the best equipment and ingredients.
    Oh and first and foremost, I recommend you pick up a copy of the brewers bible: "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" by Charlie Papazian.
    the book recommendation by pappazian sp? is spot on, but even better is the local homebrewery store. these blokes (typically) know their shit. i started off on a whim as i love beer and wife bought a starter kit last year for xmas, two things;

1. its addictive
    2. home brewing is cheaper than buying craft (if and only if) you consider the time spent as non-monetary.

i hope that does not sound douchebag, but some people find that spending 6-10 hours brewing 5 gallons is not worth their time. i myself love it, turn on the pj and start brewing,

to the other poster, i will bring a 12er or so and WE WILL HOOK UP. I will also challenge you or anyone to meet me and wife and New Glaryus Brewing Friday afternoon for the pre PJ hook up...

RFTC
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Man, that sounds great, but just another thing to spend money on is never a good thing :lol:

I would love to try something you guys have made at Alpine Valley. That would be really cool.
    I'm game, will have my brews as well!
    I totally agree with RFTC, theres a time investment more than anything. And that works for me because I love the process, I enjoy making the beer as much as drinking and sharing it!
    As far as money spending, if you buy quality beer by the case or 6er now, you will save a good amount of money if you put the time into making it yourself, for top notch beer.

Can't wait for PJ20!!!