Options

Really hopin the GOP senators vote for Ryan's budget

RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
edited May 2011 in A Moving Train
on the heels of the continuance of big oil tax breaks, these chaps are on a winning streak!
gotta love the pendulum of politics, a big fat win is being served up for dems in 2012. i will say that i have issues w/both parties but the GOP is putting their fists up middle class america's ass right now.

if i am offbase, enlighten me.
San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
Dallas-November 2013
OKC-November 2013
ACL 2-October 2014
Fenway Night 1, August 2016
Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    i don;t know man, many of the gop senators and reps are running away from that budget like rats jumping off of the titanic.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    yes, the title was tounge in cheek. i can only hope as the backlash in 6-9 months would be enjoyable. the infighting is already palpable. what get's me is why no one besides dude from vermont has laid out the completely unacceptable/measly cuts to defense budget. even the gang of 6 had more cuts 'suggested' than either dem/gop plans.

the days of american imperialism are over, the defense budget should be front & center on the chopping block.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,518
    RFTC wrote:
    yes, the title was tounge in cheek. i can only hope as the backlash in 6-9 months would be enjoyable. the infighting is already palpable. what get's me is why no one besides dude from vermont has laid out the completely unacceptable/measly cuts to defense budget. even the gang of 6 had more cuts 'suggested' than either dem/gop plans.

the days of american imperialism are over, the defense budget should be front & center on the chopping block.

100% agreed
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    RFTC wrote:

i have been saying that about the defense budget for years. however the last year and a half or so some of the conservatives on here have been calling for that to be cut as well. at times i think hell might be freezing over. that budget fight is going to be interesting though.

funny thing, paul ryan is polling so badly in his home state that he is not going to run for the senate like he was planning just a few months ago. see what happens when you fuck with medicare?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    YEA POLITICS!
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581