Deftones Rock!!

2»

Comments

• WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    I can't wait to see Deftones next month in NYC 2 shows!!! The second show will be a meet and greet!! So I am ready. I've seen them live so many times and they Rock and Kicks Ass!!! This meet and greet will be special. Wish Chi would be there :(
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    WashMyLove wrote:
    I can't wait to see Deftones next month in NYC 2 shows!!! The second show will be a meet and greet!! So I am ready. I've seen them live so many times and they Rock and Kicks Ass!!! This meet and greet will be special. Wish Chi would be there :(

You will not be disappointed!! Did the meet and greet last night in Detroit, guys were fun and down to earth and the soundcheck is totally a different vibe.......that and the actual show tore the roof off :D Deftones are bringing it hard this tour!!!!!
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
    maynardsux wrote:
    WashMyLove wrote:

You will not be disappointed!! Did the meet and greet last night in Detroit, guys were fun and down to earth and the soundcheck is totally a different vibe.......that and the actual show tore the roof off :D Deftones are bringing it hard this tour!!!!!

I've heard they will give out posters..Did they provide poster tubes? or did they have somewhere to hold your goodies until after the show? I don't want to be carrying my poster in the front GA...I know for sure it will get crazy and don't want it to mess up.
    From what i saw, the posters were only made available to the fans that purchased the VIP packages, i didn't see them at the merch booths......without trying to ruin things for you as to how things were set up, you will have time to return to your car and drop off the poster before returning for the actual show :D If u want the actual details, let me know......
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '14 Detroit
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
    maynardsux wrote:
    From what i saw, the posters were only made available to the fans that purchased the VIP packages, i didn't see them at the merch booths......without trying to ruin things for you as to how things were set up, you will have time to return to your car and drop off the poster before returning for the actual show :D If u want the actual details, let me know......

I bought VIP so I know I'm getting the poster, just worried bcs I emailed the vip peeps and they were like the vip agent doesn't have tubes for posters but you have time to go to your car to leave them there. I replied letting them know it's NYC and some of us don't have car, we use public transportation and to go back home it will be far. We will miss the early entry and soundcheck. so they said to speak to the vip coordinator that day to see if he can hold the poster for us....I doubt they will have such a place. :(

BTW, was there a One love for chi merchandise booth? I've been trying to get something from his website but the shop is not in service. I want to purchase a shirt so I can wear for the meet and greet.
    I bought VIP so I know I'm getting the poster, just worried bcs I emailed the vip peeps and they were like the vip agent doesn't have tubes for posters but you have time to go to your car to leave them there. I replied letting them know it's NYC and some of us don't have car, we use public transportation and to go back home it will be far. We will miss the early entry and soundcheck. so they said to speak to the vip coordinator that day to see if he can hold the poster for us....I doubt they will have such a place. :(

BTW, was there a One love for chi merchandise booth? I've been trying to get something from his website but the shop is not in service. I want to purchase a shirt so I can wear for the meet and greet.

I would bring a poster tube with me if i was you.......the same guy did the whole process (handing out the pass for the soundcheck, taking picture, handing out posters and the setlist) for my show......u have to meet him after the show to get the setlist so chances are he may hold on to the poster for you until that time (we got the poster after getting our pics taken, which was AFTER the soundcheck).....and early entry to the show may be kind of a moot point for a general admission show when Deftones didn't come on for nearly 3 hrs after the doors were opened (and the pit was brutal!).....as for anything related to Chi, i gave my blessing to the guys for him, but can honestly say all i saw was Deftones related merch at the tables, although there may have been something there but i was distracted by the whole VIP process, having never taken part in one before :D
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '14 Detroit
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    tuesday's show was insane! probably the second best deftones show that i've seen. highlights included birthmark followed immediately by engine no. 9, and later a killer version of elite leading straight into change (in the house of flies) then passenger. the pure-adrenaline encore of root and 7 words was a perfect way to top off the night. i love this band live.
    maynardsux wrote:

I would bring a poster tube with me if i was you.......the same guy did the whole process (handing out the pass for the soundcheck, taking picture, handing out posters and the setlist) for my show......u have to meet him after the show to get the setlist so chances are he may hold on to the poster for you until that time (we got the poster after getting our pics taken, which was AFTER the soundcheck).....and early entry to the show may be kind of a moot point for a general admission show when Deftones didn't come on for nearly 3 hrs after the doors were opened (and the pit was brutal!).....as for anything related to Chi, i gave my blessing to the guys for him, but can honestly say all i saw was Deftones related merch at the tables, although there may have been something there but i was distracted by the whole VIP process, having never taken part in one before :D

Thanks for your input. I will bring a poster tube. Hope they hold it for me until the end of the show. ;)
    OMG! The Deftones shows in NYC were face melting!!! :P
    Will post pictures and review tomorrow!

Anyone who hasn't seen them, buy your ticket, you won't regret it! I swear. 8-)
  • mans_amans_a Posts: 16
    Is it me or is Diamond Eyes thier best album. Seriously they outdid themselves with this one, it's much better than White Pony!!
    14/09/2011 - Ottawa
    16/06/2014 - Amsterdam
    17/06/2014 - Amsterdam
    19/06/2018 - London
    25/06/2018 - Rome
    03/07/2018 - Krakow
    I posted pictures and my reviews including setlist for both Deftones NYC shows on their website. Check it out! :D

May 13, 2011: http://www.deftones.com/liveproject#/2011/5/13
    This is my crazy video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9eC0btcEzs

May 14, 2011: http://www.deftones.com/liveproject#/2011/5/14
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,991
    mans_a wrote:
    Is it me or is Diamond Eyes thier best album. Seriously they outdid themselves with this one, it's much better than White Pony!!
    not their best - but it's pretty damn good
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest